Proposed European Super League

madras

I know Madrid and some others may still be interested, but this increasingly feels like it's driven by a desperate attempt to fix Barcelona's financial situation before it truly becomes disastrous.

They look at America and closed leagues and see that teams like the Baltimore Orioles sell for over a billion dollars (the price of five/six Newcastles) - a team most people in Europe possibly haven’t even heard of. They want that bag. 

The lack of punishment on those who tried to fucking ruin the whole of English football to the nth degree and the lack of constant reminding thereof that has been utterly ignored still boils my piss albeit it’s no surprise. 

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

The lack of punishment on those who tried to fucking ruin the whole of English football to the nth degree and the lack of constant reminding thereof that has been utterly ignored still boils my piss albeit it’s no surprise. 

Aye it’s mental how, you spend a bit too much 10point deduction. Try and ruin football - small fine :lol:

you know who runs the show. 

27 minutes ago, Disco said:

They got to choose their own fucking punishment man :spit:

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

They look at America and closed leagues and see that teams like the Baltimore Orioles sell for over a billion dollars (the price of five/six Newcastles) - a team most people in Europe possibly haven’t even heard of. They want that bag. 

The Baltimore Orioles play 162 games a season.

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I never heard of the Baltimore Orioles until I started posting here.

4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Four times a distressed NUFC’s sale value, but point absolutely taken

Edited by TheBrownBottle

9 hours ago, 54 said:

All is going well in the Super League camp, Joan Laporta coming out with the following:

Annnnd then:

The league sounds great. I say do it!

Have a CL that’s Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium and Netherlands and another that’s England, Italy, Germany, nordics

Maybe a third for Eastern Europe and turkey

then some mad playoffs between them

Share the money more equally and ditch the bloated UCL that always ends up with the same teams at the end

49 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Have a CL that’s Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium and Netherlands and another that’s England, Italy, Germany, nordics

Share the money more equally and ditch the bloated UCL that always ends up with the same teams at the end

Sounds total and utter shite to me.  Part of the excitement of European football is being able to play anywhere in Europe.  Complete negates the entire point of it

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sounds total and utter shite to me.  Part of the excitement of European football is being able to play anywhere in Europe.  Complete negates the entire point of it

Classic employer tactic during industrial action. 

Present the union/workforce with the shittiest of conditions and watch them scramble about for alternatives that are more palatable but still shit and let them have it. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tbf some of these were mega clubs before money took over the big 4-5 leagues. 

I still think Sporting Lisbon are ultimately a ‘bigger’ club than PSG.  I realise this doesn’t stack up these days

Probably an unpopular opinion but if they made the Champions League and other European cups a more level playing field then all the European leagues would collectively improve over time and competitivity and quality would improve across those leagues where its subsiding.

I appreciate it helps us and helps the English league, but never really been a fan of the too 4 or 5 from the PL going into the CL. Even using us as an example, last season we won fuck all so by definition we aren't champions.

I understand awards should be won on merit, but us finishing 4th isn't the same as Bruges or PSV or Stauea Bucharest winning their respective leagues.

If the money went back to those teams, they obviously improve and perhaps there'd be a bigger gulf domestically but surely that gives local folk the desire to invest in local sides in an attempt to hit those heavy heights for both sporting and financial reasons.

The European Super League is a short termist load of shite that won't work. It'll seem a good idea for 3 months and everyone will bin it off. Another situation where greed is proceeding the match going fans.