Proposed European Super League

madras

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Oh absolutely they could, I’m not sure why they would though.  

Im still quite perplexed how its meant to work. I’m guessing it’s crafty as in all the big boys in the star league and why it massive money forever. Especially if two clubs only get relegated and league position in the domestic league isn’t relevant. 

Just on 5Live explaining it.  Sounds like pretty much another closed shop.  Utter shite 

Pif bought it no?

No, it's all still being hashed out.

Hence why they're spending hundreds of millions on Jon Rahm as basically a bargaining chip :lol:

Ultimately what PIF really want from golf is the access to corporate America that comes with a seat at the table. My guess is that it all ends with the PIF being a major investor/stakeholder in the PGA/professional golf.

You're right in that money talks and eventually the richest people will get what they want... my point is that it'll come at the expense of the product.

Just now, Shak said:

No, it's all still being hashed out.

Hence why they're spending hundreds of millions on Jon Rahm as basically a bargaining chip :lol:

Ultimately what PIF really want from golf is the access to corporate America that comes with a seat at the table. My guess is that it all ends with the PIF being a major investor/stakeholder in the PGA/professional golf.

You're right in that money talks and eventually the richest people will get what they want... my point is that it'll come at the expense of the product.

Without a doubt man, and that was my underlying point. If a split occurs Uefa completion is in big trouble imo. 

4 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Interestingly on the beeb website it stating - 

La Liga referred to the ESL as a "selfish and elitist model"

So it might be that each countries host league may block 'dual' access - so it's either one or the other not both.

Here's the link - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67783970

Aye, that’s what is being forgotten.  There was never a ‘legal’ issue - the clubs don’t have a legal right to play in both via the ruling.  They can piss off and play in a different competition if they want; UEFA etc don’t need to have them registered with them.  That also applies to the PL & FA

Just now, Scoot said:

So will this run alongside the domestic leagues and the champions league?

It will be a midweek competition. We don’t even know if it’s going to go ahead, they kept referring to it as a proposal and didn’t state a start date. 

it comes across amateurish tbh. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given the massive lack of detail I’m not sure how you could say that. 

but never mind you aren’t a credible poster. 

It's all I've ever wanted, a proper European pyramid. It's sickening how giants of football like Benfica, Ajax, Porto, Celtic, Rangers are no longer competitive because their leagues don't have big enough broadcast deals.

It will be a midweek competition. We don’t even know if it’s going to go ahead, they kept referring to it as a proposal and didn’t state a start date. 

Have any clubs come out yet saying they’re joining?  Haven’t seen owt, but I’m not on Twitter etc

Just now, kocunar said:

It's all I've ever wanted, a proper European pyramid. It's sickening how giants of football like Benfica, Ajax, Porto, Celtic, Rangers are no longer competitive because their leagues don't have big enough broadcast deals.

And they still won’t be competitive even with this. 

Just now, kocunar said:

The Super League was a closed shop which excluded all of those clubs.

It’s not just the domestic leagues that are the issue - the greed of the same clubs who wanted this super league pish are the ones who wrecked European competition as it existed.  And you think that they’ve suddenly decided to share everything?  Give over. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Have any clubs come out yet saying they’re joining?  Haven’t seen owt, but I’m not on Twitter etc

I think officially it’s Barca and real right? They are the ones desperate for it. 

so much for the socios and fan owned clubs eh? :lol: 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Really?  I'll be honest and admit I've not done really in depth reading on this but I always thought this was a 'breakaway league' type thing.   So it's just a revamp of the champions, europa and the other one?

I think officially it’s Barca and real right? They are the ones desperate for it. 

so much for the socios and fan owned clubs eh? :lol: 

Yep, though I don’t doubt that the legions of weird cunts around the globe who ‘support’ them will be rejoicing on Twitter right now.  The ones who treat a football club as a penis extension, which they picked because it had Messi or C Ronaldo playing

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

Really?  I'll be honest and admit I've not done really in depth reading on this but I always thought this was a 'breakaway league' type thing.   So it's just a revamp of the champions, europa and the other one?

For the clubs that join they will be leaving Uefa competition. 

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

No, it’s still pretty much a closed shop. It’s not a revamp as it wouldn’t be a UEFA competition. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

That’s not the case. They don’t want to leave domestic competition. 

Then they won’t be able to play in it.  The Spanish FA made it clear to the two Spanish clubs.  The PL will expel any club that leaves to join - even without legislation.  The clubs have a legal right to leave, but that swings both ways - they don’t have a legal right to stay if they do

With this new proposed model, we would have (at best) played in the lowest European club competition this season, and wouldn't have been able to make it to the top league for another two seasons, at best. That would have only been possible if we made the final in each European competition both seasons.

It's a closed shop at the top, they just try to hide it.