Proposed European Super League

madras

The political side of football is rank. We all know it’s a hyper capitalist model where greed and money is the only thing that matters to almost all owners and decision makers. Hard to get too upset about this nonsense as I accepted a long time ago that the game was completely fucked off the field

This stinks and will truly cripple football. 

The thing that gets on my nerves is the FFP control put in place by the UEFA, its then used a weapon to slow the progression or halt the progression of other clubs and then these so called top clubs who manipulate things go and create a super league for even more wealth. 

They can all fuck off. 

I dont want to watch Real Madrid v Barcelona every week. 

Hopefully the backlash from this last time is enough to put the English clubs off at least. Think we really need to start joint protesting against the way football is being run. The new champions league changes are ridiculous, sounds like they've ruined a brilliant competition and hardly a word has been said.

Just now, NG32 said:

This stinks and will truly cripple football. 

The thing that gets on my nerves is the FFP control put in place by the UEFA, its then used a weapon to slow the progression or halt the progression of other clubs and then these so called top clubs who manipulate things go and create a super league for even more wealth. 

They can all fuck off. 

I dont want to watch Real Madrid v Barcelona every week. 

Newcastle has to challenge FFP and FMV as they are anti competitive

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Hopefully the backlash from this last time is enough to put the English clubs off at least. Think we really need to start joint protesting against the way football is being run. The new champions league changes are ridiculous, sounds like they've ruined a brilliant competition and hardly a word has been said.

Needs to be a unified fans revolt, this is honking. 

Just now, OpenC said:

I often feel like the only reason I still force myself to bother with football at a level higher than non league is because I would miss this place :lol:  such a grim and grubby spectacle these days

Modern football is such a good lens for modern day society tbh. 

Just now, OpenC said:

I often feel like the only reason I still force myself to bother with football at a level higher than non league is because I would miss this place :lol:  such a grim and grubby spectacle these days

Its gone mental, i do often think what is the next phase of football, used be run by committees, then local business men, then millionaires, then billionaires, now its state funded investment funds and banks. 

What the hell is round the corner, how does some one break into it, a shocking turn of events. 

2 minutes ago, CheikBoom said:

If we ever entertained the idea of any other competition other than the PL and that's me firmly checked out. 

Not sure whats worse, the neglect of Mike Ashley and his nonsense or this potential new league and being mega rich and not caring about who we play. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I wonder where this leaves ffp? At least needs a rethink if not scrapped. Hopefully someone is ready to challenge it in court, if they aren't already.

Feels like it leaves FFP without a leg to stand on tbh. I mean in a business sense restricting someone’s revenue and how they invest is astonishing. 

14 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

It primarily fell to bits last time because of fan pressure rather than any legal stuff. 

The usual suspects in Italy and Spain will still be bang up for it you’d imagine, probably PSG too. Be interesting to see the form it takes because the stakes are too high for Barca etc to write it off as a bad idea.

1 minute ago, christ said:

It primarily fell to bits last time because of fan pressure rather than any legal stuff. 

The usual suspects in Italy and Spain will still be bang up for it you’d imagine, probably PSG too. Be interesting to see the form it takes because the stakes are too high for Barca etc to write it off as a bad idea.

PSG are out. It enabled them to takeover the Eca. PSG essentially run European football by proxy at this point. 

5 minutes ago, christ said:

I'm not even sure how it works is this going to be instead of the champions league etc for these teams? Over wise you can't expect the other competitions to arrange their fixtures to suit this nonsense