Proposed European Super League

madras

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Couldn't give a fuck. We're in bed with the Saudis and we'll join this Super League as well. Bring it on.

Football's fucked anyway.

I immediately had a little dream of Newcastle not being invited to join and the Saudis not being interested in bankrolling a team who were only going to be playing against Everton, Sunderland and Crystal Palace.  I could live with both of those things like :lol:

I can't help Newcastle being my team but I've got about the same amount of interest in a glitzy curated superleague as I have in speedway or the Newcastle Eagles

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I immediately had a little dream of Newcastle not being invited to join and the Saudis not being interested in bankrolling a team who were only going to be playing against Everton, Sunderland and Crystal Palace.  I could live with both of those things like :lol:

I can't help Newcastle being my team but I've got about the same amount of interest in a glitzy curated superleague as I have in speedway or the Newcastle Eagles

Doesn’t sound hellish to me, either.  

Watching it now on SSN. To be honest it doesn't seem too bad at all and from a fans perspective, extra European games and extra European away trips could even mean that mere members like myself could be in with a sniff of tickets for some of the away games as those who currently hoover up the tickets will have to be a bit more selective.

Football sold out a long time ago so I'm not suddenly going to act all outraged now.

As with everything in our capitalist hell world, we ultimately as a collective consumer base have the chance to just not buy or watch anything related to it if it became a reality and it would fail instantly.

The chance of this happening is close to zero though.

For me, I would be done with NUFC and football if we were to join this crap.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

The European Court’s ruling has no impact on English clubs tbf - a change to the UK Competition Act likely could block clubs joining

Oh absolutely they could, I’m not sure why they would though.  

Im still quite perplexed how its meant to work. I’m guessing it’s crafty as in all the big boys in the star league and why it massive money forever. Especially if two clubs only get relegated and league position in the domestic league isn’t relevant.