Strikers that will do for half a season or so?

Skirge

Pressley as a short-term measure for around £250,000 wouldn't be the worst idea.

If Emre is off he would be a great player for a season or two, hopefully then Pattison would be making the step up to first team regular

Isn't Pressley a defender?

Am thinking of the one at Hearts mind.  blueconfused.gif

Elvis. Not as quick as he used to be.  "On m' head baby, hon hon hon"

If Charlton are anywhere remotely near the relegation zone, they won't let Darren Bent go.

A more realistic target is Marcus Bent, who could do a fill-in job for us for a few months, assuming a big money signing is out of the quesiton.

Pressley as a short-term measure for around £250,000 wouldn't be the worst idea.

If Emre is off he would be a great player for a season or two, hopefully then Pattison would be making the step up to first team regular

Isn't Pressley a defender?

Am thinking of the one at Hearts mind.  blueconfused.gif

Elvis. Not as quick as he used to be.  "On m' head baby, hon hon hon"

Sure I've seen him in midfield, maybe just a one/two off though. Don't watch Hearts as much as I used to - family ties now lead me to Falkirk.

Speaking of which Russle Latapy would do me at the moment

If Charlton are anywhere remotely near the relegation zone, they won't let Darren Bent go.

A more realistic target is Marcus Bent, who could do a fill-in job for us for a few months, assuming a big money signing is out of the quesiton.

The trouble is Marcus seems as goal shy as our lot.  We might as well go for Jason Euell.

I doubt Charlton'll let Darren Bent go full stop, although if they did it would improve their chances of getting relegated, which benefits us.  It'd take a big pile of cash, but I think given our current predicament it'd well spent.

The trouble is Marcus seems as goal shy as our lot.  We might as well go for Jason Euell.

I doubt Charlton'll let Darren Bent go full stop, although if they did it would improve their chances of getting relegated, which benefits us.  It'd take a big pile of cash, but I think given our current predicament it'd well spent.

Like Darren Bent would leave Charlton to come here, if we are still close to the bottom come Jan then forget it, he may leave Charlton but it wont be to come here.

Like Darren Bent would leave Charlton to come here, if we are still close to the bottom come Jan then forget it, he may leave Charlton but it wont be to come here.

True but we can offer him rolls royce wages  :winking:

bluelaugh.gif

Aye we can but I think if he was after massive wages he would not be at Charlton now.

bluelaugh.gif

Aye we can but I think if he was after massive wages he would not be at Charlton now.

bluebigeek.gif  It all makes sense now!  HE'S JUST WAITING FOR US TO COME IN FOR HIM!!!!!!

The trouble is Marcus seems as goal shy as our lot. We might as well go for Jason Euell.

I doubt Charlton'll let Darren Bent go full stop, although if they did it would improve their chances of getting relegated, which benefits us. It'd take a big pile of cash, but I think given our current predicament it'd well spent.

True but we can offer him rolls royce wages :winking:

bluelaugh.gif

Charlton are very unlikely to let him go, given that they are in a relegation scrap, and certainly not to Newcastle, who (at the moment, but probably not in January) who are amongst the teams scrapping with them.

It is hard to do anything in the January window, struggling teams need to hold on to their best players, teams doing well want to keep on doing well.

Henrik Larsson is very hardworking, and always faces the goal.

That is the type of player we are looking for in my opinion, all our strikers are support strikers, not goalpoachers.

He has already said that he is not mooving and he is very hapy playing for his home town.

He spoke out after he was linkied with the Villa..

That is the type of player we are looking for in my opinion, all our strikers are support strikers, not goalpoachers.

He has already said that he is not mooving and he is very hapy playing for his home town.

He spoke out after he was linkied with the Villa..

yes he said. And if he was to leave Helsingborg it would be for barca who have been strongly linked with a move for larsson in januari..

The trouble is Marcus seems as goal shy as our lot. We might as well go for Jason Euell.

I doubt Charlton'll let Darren Bent go full stop, although if they did it would improve their chances of getting relegated, which benefits us. It'd take a big pile of cash, but I think given our current predicament it'd well spent.

True but we can offer him rolls royce wages :winking:

bluelaugh.gif

Charlton are very unlikely to let him go, given that they are in a relegation scrap, and certainly not to Newcastle, who (at the moment, but probably not in January) who are amongst the teams scrapping with them.

It is hard to do anything in the January window, struggling teams need to hold on to their best players, teams doing well want to keep on doing well.

So you are expecting for them to have pulled away from us by then? Cos with Roeder, i can't see far past us still being there.

John Carew is unhappy at Lyon. Would be a decent loan signing.

blueyes.gif

blueyes.gif

Not that if I were the manager I would want them in my squad. But Roeder's obsession with big target man means that John Carew is a good option.

I would love to buy Darren Bent too, even if it means paying 10 millions for him. He would be a good long term buy who can produce results immediately.

Guest theunis

Yeah agree with that selection think we need more defenders that anything else they should give some of these youth strikers a run because they seem to be producing fot the reserves

So you are expecting for them to have pulled away from us by then? Cos with Roeder, i can't see far past us still being there.

Possibly not by then, but at some point, yes.

I don't subscribe to this "too big to go down" line which is rubbish, but I genuinely do not think you will go down.

Guest shaun11177

ye i agree Carew would be a good choice.

Would anyone agree with selling Emre and trying to get Sidwell who is in last year of contract.

What about taking a chance on somone like Michael Halliday from Glentoran he is about 27 and his stats are good.

apps    Goals        this seaosn        Goals

287      101              18                  11

They also have a canny right back  :thup:

we need one striker/forward - at least - or both, who will come in now, and perform. Now. What they cost and where they come from is irrelevant, but the odds on someone doing this who is already playing in the premiership is vastly superior to yet another untried foreigner. We simply can't afford another mistake from that market.

we need one striker/forward - at least - or both, who will come in now, and perform. Now. What they cost and where they come from is irrelevant, but the odds on someone doing this who is already playing in the premiership is vastly superior to yet another untried foreigner. We simply can't afford another mistake from that market.

I agree.  Hopefully we can get some compo for Owen to help finance a move for a serious proven striker.  Staying up is all important.  We have to trust Shepherd et al to attract someone to the club, as they did in the case of Owen, they HAVE to get it right.  Could be a key moment for us  blueuhoh.gif