Newcastle United 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle - 13/01/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Was Pancrate as bad as he was at Coventry and Barnsley?

Jesus man, he looked somewhere between a very poor footballer and a complete fraud tonight.

He has looked absolutely appalling every time I have seen him(Wasn't at the Watford game).

2nd gear all the way tbh. The default was to play the ball back to the defence at the first sign of any pressure and we retained the ball pretty well. Plymouth are absolutely terrible going forward and in defence and i'd expect nowt less than the dicking they got.

Lovenkrands had 4 chances and scored 3, looked very sharp and very composed. Carroll had some nice touches but you'd put your house on him not scoring even against the shitest of defenders and it's becoming very tiresome. He had a go at Enrique twice and Nolan once for not picking him out when the reality of the situation is, his shooting is appalling and he's a poor option to give the ball to.

Enrique motm behind Loven, him and Jonas linked up well as usual.

2nd gear all the way tbh. The default was to play the ball back to the defence at the first sign of any pressure and we retained the ball pretty well. Plymouth are absolutely terrible going forward and in defence and i'd expect nowt less than the dicking they got.

Lovenkrands had 4 chances and scored 3, looked very sharp and very composed. Carroll had some nice touches but you'd put your house on him not scoring even against the shitest of defenders and it's becoming very tiresome. He had a go at Enrique twice and Nolan once for not picking him out when the reality of the situation is, his shooting is appalling and he's a poor option to give the ball to.

Enrique motm behind Loven, him and Jonas linked up well as usual.

Cheers.

I don't think Pancrate was as bad as he was against Barnsley.  He isn't that great technically but he's pretty fast and in the first half we used the right hand side much more than we usually do.

I thought Steven Taylor was better than Coloccini for the first time a while (wasn't much between them though) he seemed to want to pass the ball more rather than hoof it and even brought it out of defence quite well.

Good stuff. Loven hasn't really been given a fair crack of the whip upfront, alongside another more physical forward. Seems like he would be a really good foil and so I wonder why it hasn't been given more of a chance. Felt he would be a better option than Harewood has been.

Be nice if we could have Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie, Lovenkrands and Shola in the side every week and we played actual football as we did (by the sounds of things) tonight. Plymouth aren't the worst side in the division (they're pretty close, admittedly), and we've played them off the park at an absolute canter.

How did Nolan and Butt combine? (:lol:)