Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion Mon. Jan. 18th 2010 7.45 pm KO

Incognito

i assume there is going to be at least one min silence at this? i hope they dont do the shitty clapping thing.

A minutes silence for the death of a players relative? No disrespect to Mr Lovenkrands, and my thoughts are with the family, but you can't have a minutes silence for the death of everyone vaguely associated to a football club.

Guest Heneage

i assume there is going to be at least one min silence at this? i hope they dont do the shitty clapping thing.

A minutes silence for the death of a players relative? No disrespect to Mr Lovenkrands, and my thoughts are with the family, but you can't have a minutes silence for the death of everyone vaguely associated to a football club.

Lovenkrands isn't though, it's a sign of respect to both his Father and to him as a valued member of the playing staff.

Aye.

we now also can see the true scale of haiti, so surely there should be a mins silence for that?

Also,  did we hold a mins silence for the bus attacks at the ACN?

could just add lovenkrands in their as well.

Harper

Simpson    Taylor  Colo   Enrique

R Taylor    Guthrie  Nolan   Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

That's who i'd play. CH will play Smith and/or Butt though.

Think we'll win 2 or 3 - nil if we don't play Smith AND Butt

I am sceptical about this one. They are a good footballing side and have only lost once away from home. We are unbeaten at home so I think it is odds on a draw, probably 1-1 with them scoring first and us equalising 20 minutes from the end.

I'm pretty confident for a change.

West Brom will come looking for three points which should lead to a nice open game of football which helps us out. Our defence generally looks pretty solid while if their performance against Forest is anything to go by there's is anything but. Obviosuly they will be a threat going forward with Dorrans in particular in good goal scoring form but I think we will have enough to see them off.

Forest are getting a bit close for comfort now due to our crap performances over Christmas, this combined with our improvement on Wednesday will give us a kick up the backside. A draw would be by no means a diaster but it would certianly add a lot of pressure to the Reading fixture. Naturally the neutrals will want a West Brom win to make things interesting but a win for us puts us nine points clear of them and five ahead of Forest with a game in hand.

Guest toonlass

I'm pretty confident for a change.

West Brom will come looking for three points which should lead to a nice open game of football which helps us out. Our defence generally looks pretty solid while if their performance against Forest is anything to go by there's is anything but. Obviosuly they will be a threat going forward with Dorrans in particular in good goal scoring form but I think we will have enough to see them off.

Forest are getting a bit close for comfort now due to our crap performances over Christmas, this combined with our improvement on Wednesday will give us a kick up the backside. A draw would be by no means a diaster but it would certianly add a lot of pressure to the Reading fixture. Naturally the neutrals will want a West Brom win to make things interesting but a win for us puts us nine points clear of them and five ahead of Forest with a game in hand.

This.

They are a bit wobbly, they cannot settle for a draw now that Forest are involved, and tbh I think we have the stronger team both physically and mentally.

Guest Hellhammer

If we get the first goal of the match with in the first 30 minutes, then i guess we wont have too much problem getting the three points, if not, i would be surprised if we struggle the whole match getting any goals at all.

But of course this depends on WBAs tactics, if they are coming for a draw, then it wont be easy, if not, it can be an very open match.

my biggest fear for 2moro night is that WBA, who are really good passing footballing team, will come with a 4-5-1 formation and just pass the ball around our not very mobile midfield 2 of Smith and Nolan.  Those two are going to have to be on top form tomorrow night if we are too win the game.