The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

inept, spineless, useless

the guy is not a football manager

he signed 6 players, and didn't do anything with our biggest weakness midfield, so as far as he see's it all is fine their

I think the thinking was that Barton would return and having Barton back would be the same as signing two new players--- or something to that effect.

he signed 6 players, and didn't do anything with our biggest weakness midfield, so as far as he see's it all is fine their

tbf to him he probably did not have a big budget, so he put his focus on the places where we needed back-up and so on. Midfield we have loads of players to cover should one of them get injured, not so much elsewhere. not disputing we need better CMs, mind.

Guest neesy111

I think the thinking was that Barton would return and having Barton back would be the same as signing two new players--- or something to that effect.

CM is our worst position, but 1/3 of our wage bill goes on those players, it's stupid

In summer he needs to get rid of Nolan, Smith - i'm sure there are some Premier League clubs who kinda rate these two - thankfully Butt's contract is up .. Hughton should have really got someone in there in January.

In summer he needs to get rid of Nolan, Smith - i'm sure there are some Premier League clubs who kinda rate these two - thankfully Butt's contract is up .. Hughton should have really got someone in there in January.

We should offer them all to our friend Big Sam. Buy Butt Get Nolan and Smith free.

I have a sinking feeling that we'll offer him an extension- a coaching/players role. :(

We should offer them all to our friend Big Sam. Buy Butt Get Nolan and Smith free.

:lol:

He did more bad things then good in his time here, if he was to do that.. all would be forgiven.

what the f*** is he doing in training, we look soo unfit, reminds me of the fitness under souness

Well the shocking pace and reaction speed of Nolan and Smith doesn't do the guy any favours tbh.

Couldn't quite believe that Nolan contested a drop ball today  :facepalm:

One thing which worries me about our defensive line ups away from home: I don't have any objection to sitting back and keeping a strong shape, but we don't seem to have any effective counter attack strategy. I don't know if this is down to lack of preparation or just poor execution by the players. Personally I just don't think the players are good enough. The ball bounces back off Carroll and Lovenkrands, and the midfield is generally run ragged by the fitter, faster opposition. I think Hughton could think a bit more out of the box for a solution. I think it was David28 who mentioned Keegan's use of Owen being a good example.

One thing which worries me about our defensive line ups away from home: I don't have any objection to sitting back and keeping a strong shape, but we don't seem to have any effective counter attack strategy. I don't know if this is down to lack of preparation or just poor execution by the players. Personally I just don't think the players are good enough. The ball bounces back off Carroll and Lovenkrands, and the midfield is generally run ragged by the fitter, faster opposition. I think Hughton could think a bit more out of the box for a solution. I think it was David28 who mentioned Keegan's use of Owen being a good example.

He's not good enough to do so though. Then again Keegan was a shite tactician apparently so Hughton probably stands a chance.

He's not good enough to do so though. Then again Keegan was a s**** tactician apparently so Hughton probably stands a chance.

It's only a myth that KK was a shit tactician imo. He discovered a way to play such an attractive football that we maybe won't see here in the next years. The use of Owen there was an absolute masterstroke as well as Owen was unmarked in most parts of the game and could ghost into the box and score.

He's not good enough to do so though. Then again Keegan was a s**** tactician apparently so Hughton probably stands a chance.

It's only a myth that KK was a shit tactician imo. He discovered a way to play such an attractive football that we maybe won't see here in the next years. The use of Owen there was an absolute masterstroke as well as Owen was unmarked in most parts of the game and could ghost into the box and score.

I know man. ;)

Dont want to be accused of kneejerk but we have won 2 league games out of 8, haven't played great in more than half a dozen league games this season, been outplayed twice out of three meetings with West Brom and the teams in this league are abysmal.  Sack!  Wont happen, but we are in danger of throwing automatic promotion if he persists with his 'I'm looking for the team to show a reaction to the previous defeat' bullshit.  30 mins before they put in a challenge today.  Gutless!

how long before we bay forhis head bearing in mind ashley will still keep him regarless of results

Calling for his head is pointless, I wouldn't trust Llambias and Ashley to replace him with anything better, he's not the only clueless one at the club.

how long before we bay forhis head bearing in mind ashley will still keep him regarless of results

Calling for his head is pointless, I wouldn't trust Llambias and Ashley to replace him with anything better, he's not the only clueless one at the club.

Colin Calderwood is the next Manager in waiting.

We all know that Ashley wont sack Hughton because he is yes man and does what he is told. We wont get a big name manager because we dont have the funds to give him to spend. Ashley's 5 year plan is basically to put the club on the market every year for the next 5 years and hope he sells. That is it.

We are stuck with Hughton so dont expect much in the ensuing seasons, e4specially if we go up.