The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

He is fast becoming a heroic figure for me and is someone I am actually quite pleased to be associated with NUFC because he's a good guy, a football man and someone you just know who wakes up every morning with a buzz because he's managing Newcastle United, in a similar vein to Sir Bobby but of course for entirely different reasons. He is very knowledgeable and with it sensible which is how I'd describe his buys and team selections, he's a steady eddy and just what this club needs. To be fucking honest with you what he has achieved and in the circumstances is some fucking going and he deserves far more credit, far more. In a way though I'm glad its all low key because it keeps everyone and everything grounded. I'd love to hear a full crowd singing his name out loud like. Perhaps at the end of the season should we stay up?

He is fast becoming a heroic figure for me and is someone I am actually quite pleased to be associated with NUFC because he's a good guy, a football man and someone you just know who wakes up every morning with a buzz because he's managing Newcastle United, in a similar vein to Sir Bobby but of course for entirely different reasons. He is very knowledgeable and with it sensible which is how I'd describe his buys and team selections, he's a steady eddy and just what this club needs. To be fucking honest with you what he has achieved and in the circumstances is some fucking going and he deserves far more credit, far more. In a way though I'm glad its all low key because it keeps everyone and everything grounded. I'd love to hear a full crowd singing his name out loud like. Perhaps at the end of the season should we stay up?

if he deserves that title at the end of the season it means we'll have had a very good year indeed - hope you're right, premature for me atm

He is fast becoming a heroic figure for me and is someone I am actually quite pleased to be associated with NUFC because he's a good guy, a football man and someone you just know who wakes up every morning with a buzz because he's managing Newcastle United, in a similar vein to Sir Bobby but of course for entirely different reasons. He is very knowledgeable and with it sensible which is how I'd describe his buys and team selections, he's a steady eddy and just what this club needs. To be f***ing honest with you what he has achieved and in the circumstances is some f***ing going and he deserves far more credit, far more. In a way though I'm glad its all low key because it keeps everyone and everything grounded. I'd love to hear a full crowd singing his name out loud like. Perhaps at the end of the season should we stay up?

This. Definitely! He already deserves it so should he keep us up it will be more than deserved.

He is fast becoming a heroic figure for me and is someone I am actually quite pleased to be associated with NUFC because he's a good guy, a football man and someone you just know who wakes up every morning with a buzz because he's managing Newcastle United, in a similar vein to Sir Bobby but of course for entirely different reasons. He is very knowledgeable and with it sensible which is how I'd describe his buys and team selections, he's a steady eddy and just what this club needs. To be f***ing honest with you what he has achieved and in the circumstances is some f***ing going and he deserves far more credit, far more. In a way though I'm glad its all low key because it keeps everyone and everything grounded. I'd love to hear a full crowd singing his name out loud like. Perhaps at the end of the season should we stay up?

:thup:

:thup: :clap2:

He's really surprised me. He's easily one of the most likeable managers we've had in the past 20 years and he's done a brilliant job so far. With Keegan and Sir Bobby up for the great jobs they done for this football club, I'd have Hughton a long way below them but a massive distance ahead of anyone else from the past 20 years. Of course he's totally unproven at this level and he's got a lot to prove, the job he's done so far has been outstanding. I'm not saying he's a better manager than all of the other managers, but the job he's done and the way he's went about it has been massively admirable. Its fucking great seeing a Newcastle team with such a great team spirit and you can just see that they love each other and are prepared to fight for each other. Its just great to have a manager who we can relate to and is level headed. Top man.

I really want him to do well, apart from the obvious reasons why I just think he is someone who is willing to change his approach rather than persist through arrogance, he is passionate, hard working and a really nice bloke (which doesn't have to be a negative thing or a reason to assume someone is soft).

Ben Arfa:

“Before moving here I spoke to a lot of French players. A lot of them spoke about Chris – (Habib) Beye, (Charles) N’Zogbia (pictured left), (Pascal) Chimbonda, (Sebastien) Bassong – not just those but all had good things to say and that really helped me make my decision.”

:thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He was right to stick with the same team.

It was his decisions after half time (and whatever tactical team talk he gave) that were poor.

Bad, bad day for him, he's got to get this right and he fucked it up. It's all well and good being loyal to the players that started reasonably well, but you have to look at the opposition and playing only one recognised striker against a team that most regard as the weakest in the divison is stupid.

The next game is crucial, he's got to get it right, otherwise we may be just on the start of a long slide.

Unfortunately, a fantastic victory over Villa and an encouraging draw at Wolves have just been completely wiped out by that.

Terrible performance, we should have won that easily. He was right to pick the same team, but the changes should have come at half time.