The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give the fucker a new deal. Now. Fuck waiting, he's done enough so far.

I can understand the club not wanting to look like they have been pressured into handing out a contract by the media - but it's got to the stage now where they will just make themselves look more petty every week if they don't get it sorted. Just do it, we aren't going to get anyone better for the money.

Guest VegasToon

In the end the club will give him a contract.  I am not worried.  The media is just shit stirring.  We need to just let Chris get on with the job.  He is a professional and I am very happy he is our manager.

Full credit to the man today, you could see what his plan was and it worked.

He also managed to keep faith in the 442 while tweaking it to protect the midfield a bit more. Stuff like that is a much better way to manage than putting out a 451 and sending the lads out with the wrong mindset.

He also seems a master of motivation as well, I've rarely seen a player look as convincing as Barton after the game today... when he was talking about every player being totally behind each other.

The interview again. He just won't have talk about him. He came over straight to you to celebrate, what do you think that means?.. He scored a good goal, he wanted to celebrate :lol: Fantastic. Great tactics, team, everything. Was a bit sceptical when he put Ranger on, but it worked, done the job of Ameobi to a tee. Absolutely immense.

So impressive that we didn't resort to just long balls to AC and Shola considering we played fucking Arsenal away. Spot on in that we attempted to keep the ball for as long as possible and get our two forwards in the box for a delivery to them.

Deserves massive credit for this win.

So... praise this week then, eh?

Was a bit too negative, I would rather have lost 3-0 and attacked them a bit more.

He's certainly proved all those doubters wrong.  The ones who said we didn't have the personnel to play anything other than the 4-5-1 Nolan system.  Since we ditched that we've looked a different side.

Excellent again today, he's earning the right to go into his contract talks in a strong position in January. :)

The team have now crossed the Rubicon. This is the defining victory of this season. Hughton can be truly proud of what happened on the pitch today.

colo's last gasp equaliser at Wigan was a massive goal for me, the morale lift and important point earned then set us up for 3 straight wins.

saying that the next two home games are a good chance to leave behind the inconsistent form so far, where we lose games we should win and win where we should lose.

The team have now crossed the Rubicon. This is the defining victory of this season. Hughton can be truly proud of what happened on the pitch today.

colo's last gasp equaliser at Wigan was a massive goal for me, the morale lift and important point earned then set us up for 3 straight wins.

saying that the next two home games are a good chance to leave behind the inconsistent form so far, where we lose games we should win and win where we should lose.

Yep, whilst drawing with Wigan was disappointing, the importance of Colo's goal cant be played down. You could see how much it meant to the players then. Without that goal, i think our last 3 league games might have been different.

Got it spot on again today. Wasn't tempted to change the system and bring a striker off for another body in midfield for the last 20 (although Carroll played 15 yards deeper) and brought fresh legs on at the right time.

The defence looked compact and organised. Simpson is way, way, way better than Perch and Tiote is like 2 players with his energy and distribution. No-one played poorly and Krul's save was worth a goal.

All-round fantastic performance with no negatives at all. Caught Arsenal on a bad day but how many times have they let us down by not taking advantage of the superior opposition not clicking? 3 on the bounce now and there's no reason we shouldn't go on and make it 5. Nothing to be scared of in Blackburn or Fulham.

Get in there.  :frantic:

In the end the club will give him a contract.  I am not worried.  The media is just shit stirring.  We need to just let Chris get on with the job.  He is a professional and I am very happy he is our manager.

Agree on all counts.

Chris Hughton To Walk Away From Newcastle

8:07 pm, Sunday, November 7th, 2010 by Ed Harrison · 4 Comments

Source NUFC Blog

We have asked the question before and we have to ask the question again, after an amazing 1-0 win this afternoon at the Emirates  Stadium – just how good is Chris Hughton?

http://www.nufcblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/chris-hughton-987.jpg

Gentleman and potential great Newcastle manager – Chris Hughton

Let’s review Chris Hughton’s management career so far – last season we played  a total of  51 games, won 32 lost 6 and drew 13. So in his first season in charge Chris had a winning percentage of  62.7% – and Newcastle won promotion by winning the Championship by a full 11 points from second placed WBA. It was so easy it was simply remarkable, given the turmoil at the club when he took over.

But that of course was in England’s second division.

So let’s now fast forward to this season, when Newcastle have now played a total of 14 games, won 7 lost 5 and drawn 2 – so that’s a winning percentage of just 50%, and in total Chris has been in charge of 65 games at Newcastle, won 39 lost 11 and drawn 15 – not too bad a record at all – with an overall win percentage of  60%.

And with today’s win at Arsenal, when exactly was the last time Newcastle hammered Sunderland 5-1 and then beat Arsenal away 1-0 in successive games?

Newcastle are now in 5th position in the Premier League with 17 points, and just 3 points behind Man City, and 7 points above the relegation zone – 8 points because of our far superior goal difference of +6.

If  Chris can keep the players fully focused, which he has proved he can, then  there’s no reason that Newcastle cannot win the two home games to be played at home in the next 6 days, against Blackburn Rovers and Fulham – but of course no game in the PL is ever easy and that’s still a big “if”.

It’s no secret that Chris Hughton has probably the lowest wage of any manager in the Premier League at just around £250K/year (apologies for the “just”), and after the game today Jamie Redknapp, the football pundit and former Liverpool player,  has made another controversial outburst – but isn’t that what he’s paid to do?

Talking on Sky Sports TV,  the son of Harry Redknapp said after today’s game:

“What more can Chis Hughton do to get a new deal?” “He has been amazing at Newcastle, and he deserves the respect of being offered a new deal.”

“If that doesn’t happen after this result, an away win over Arsenal, following the 5-1 win over local rivals Sunderland, then I would  walk away from the club … I seriously would!”

Hughton’s future presumably will be tied up at Newcastle fairly soon, and before the end of the year – within about 7 weeks at most – and Chris has said there isn’t too much he can do about the current situation:

“There is not anything I can do, all I can do is win as many football matches as I can.”

Chris is a gentleman and will wait patiently to be offered a new deal by the Newcastle club, and it should be a terrific deal for this quiet and modest manager, whose man management skills seem to be amazing – he deserves every single penny coming to him.

The  press will try to make a big deal out of this – but most Newcastle fans, including us, will be very happy once Chris is tied down at the Newcastle club, before some other ambitious club comes in and makes him an offer he would be silly to refuse.

How good is Chris Hughton?

He could surprise the lot of us this season.