The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Job under threat if we lose at the weekend?

From us or the Papers trying to stir things up? I don't think the fans will bother too much, might get some bookies lowering the odds. If we lose to Wigan and the Mackems though, I can see unrest forming.

Job under threat if we lose at the weekend?

Not exactly, but no home win in 3 (when the three were Blackpool, Stoke, Wigan) would be a very worrying statistic.

So would another new manager. Stability is one of the only things on our side right now.

Guest Stephen927

I think a loss against relegation rivals at home would be a huge blow but not enough to put pressure on Hughton just yet. I think many understand the injury to Ben Arfa is a huge blow to our prospects and realise how effectively he has worked in the transfer market with a limited budget.

Would be amazed if Chris was under any sort of pressure. Obviously the fact that his contract is up at the end of the season and O'Neill is available are two things which are against him, but nowhere near sacking in my book. Red tops may think otherwise, but they're shite for a reason.

This is a must win game on Saturday and it'll be interesting to see if Hughton sticks with his chosen formation and reverts to 442. Personally i'd play both Shola and Carroll for this one.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hughton sticking by Nolan will be what puts him under massive pressure because it holds us back.

The players try hard, they really do, to break free of Nolan's gravitational pull.

Defeats against Wigan and the Mackems will put the pressure on big-time...if it hadn't been for the fact that Ashley is unwilling to spend decent money, the results at home against Blackpool and Stoke would themselves have place any manager under some pressure.

Only Ashley's knowledge that he will have great difficulty in getting a decent replacement will keep Hughton in a job beyond November if we lose the next 2 home games.

If Ashley was willing to spend money we wouldn't have lost to Blackpool and Stoke. Hughton made mistakes in both games, but if we go down this year, it'll largely be because we didn't get the chequebook out this summer. We knew the squad was weak from an attacking point of view. Ben Arfa getting crocked is a fucking nightmare but we were bang short of decent cover anyway.

If Ashley was willing to spend money we wouldn't have lost to Blackpool and Stoke. Hughton made mistakes in both games, but if we go down this year, it'll largely be because we didn't get the chequebook out this summer. We knew the squad was weak from an attacking point of view. Ben Arfa getting crocked is a fucking nightmare but we were bang short of decent cover anyway.

It was down to Hughton we lost to Stoke, he made changes to improve what he was seeing on the pitch & made it worse.  Nothing to do with Ashley.