The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The guy,cwarr that is,is an attention seeking bellend.

He seemed to know about the HBA deal but that's been it. Over the past month he's said that Pardew or JFK are coming in on numerous occassions.

hes trying to be right on the basis of if i post it often enough maybe ashley will listen to me

It's not actually giving him benefit tbh.,but when we wonder where the media get their fiction from,I'm fairly sure he has journos following him,so maybe their source is him and people like him.

We're talking about it, so he has achieved his objective. Attention-seeking wankers like that should simply be ignored and left to get on with it.

I was just thinking. If Hughton continues til the end of season he will have been in charge for near enough 2 years(inc. caretaker). That'll be the 3rd longest stint in charge of the club in the Premier League. We really do need the stability and to continue progressing. And Chris really is the man to do it.

I have no doubt Ashley will give him an improved offer the one he have now is low. There is an offer on the table but it is low. CH wants to wait for a better one. Everyone complain when Ashley gave him contract at the first place. I have no reason to doubt he won't give him another one now.

I have no doubt Ashley will give him an improved offer the one he have now is low. There is an offer on the table but it is low. CH wants to wait for a better one. Everyone complain when Ashley gave him contract at the first place. I have no reason to doubt he won't give him another one now.

I didn't think there was an offer on the table though, I thought the whole thing was on ice until January?

I thought there was an offer at the beginning of the season, but it was withdrawn because Hughton wasn't happy with it?

You might be right. I just though the intention was always to give him a short contract and renew/not in Jan.

I'm probably giving Ashley too much credit!

Fucking ridiculous how they're pushing this story. And I still don't believe this 'the club want to wait till January to be sure he's the right man'. They offered him a contract at the start of the season did they not?

They set a date a while back to review his contract. Just because they won't pander to the media like Shepherd would have done, and are going to stick with that date, that means they're leaving him hanging?

In my opinion Hughton clearly doesn't have a problem with this, and it doesn't look like the team does. Can't believe this bollocks non-story has got so much of an airing based on absolute shite drummed up by rags I wouldn't wipe my ass with.

/Rant over.

Basically the crux of the whole thing.

It's insane that anyone is giving this any time... thankfully we beat Sunderland so it should die down for a bit.

Make your mind up, did they offer him a new contract at the start of the season or was it always going to be reviewed in January?

According to what Hughton has allegedly been telling people, he was offered a new contract, he wasn't happy with the terms, the offer was withdrawn.

The media subsequently "make up" stories about Hughton being replaced and other managers being contacted. Purely coincidental I'm sure, and simply because they hate us and want to destabilise the club.

How about offered the contract, seeing as it wasn't agreed they decided to leave it until January? You can take a break from negotiations you know. This is all speculation, no one can be sure what's happened. But in my opinion, after that contract negotiation broke down I think they decided to leave it until January.

UV, if they did offer Hughton a contract then I'm happy to admit I missed that. I thought it was always the intention to renegotiate in January.

Either way, he does deserve a pay rise if he continues what he's been doing this season, and I really hope Ashley sees that and offers him a decent deal.

The Daily Mirror's take on the Hughton situation:

Ridiculink

For instance, gone are cosy deals with agents

Hmm.

Indeed. Page 3: http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/7e/54/0,,10794~152702,00.pdf

Far and away the highest agent fee per transfer in the Championship last year, nearly 10% of the entire football league amount.

As far as that agents fees table is concerned it is hardly surprising when you consider the players we bought were generally more expensive than those the other clubs were buying. Also looking  at that table it appears to include both registrations and transfers (we are shown as having 7 transactions, did we buy 7 players following our relegation?) so the agents fees on deals like the sale of Duff, Beye and Bassong may well be included.