The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saw this on the tiwtter. What a stupid sensationalistic headline.

Annoying that articles from that site are always relayed just like the better and more serious sites.

Precisely why I shared it, tbh.

Carroll, Coloccini, Nolan, Ameobi and now Simpson seems to be doing it as well. All have improved massively in the 15 or so months he's been in charge :thup:

He seems to be doing what all managers should be doing really, treating every player fairly regardless of their past*, not discarding anyone and being flexible in his views. Consumate pro at the moment.

* With the possible exception of Xisco, who I can only assume must be god-awful in training!

Carroll, Coloccini, Nolan, Ameobi and now Simpson seems to be doing it as well. All have improved massively in the 15 or so months he's been in charge :thup:

He seems to be doing what all managers should be doing really, treating every player fairly regardless of their past*, not discarding anyone and being flexible in his views. Consumate pro at the moment.

* With the possible exception of Xisco, who I can only assume must be god-awful in training!

Shame about Xisco like, after that very decent cameo against Villa (what a ball, man!) I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

Doing a good job of easing in Ranger though.

I can't see any point in waiting until January for a contract, we should get it sorted and move on.

Out of interest, are there any other PL managers who's contracts expire at the end of the season, who's clubs will not be starting renewal negotiations until January ?

If so are there likely to be hysterical media campaigns about them or is this an exclusively Newcastle United thing ?

Guest jimmyc84

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1156/5135727640_854109e5ba_z.jpg

This exact combo 4tw :coolsmiley:

He's got his poppy through his buttonhole on his jacket so he may as well loose the pin.  Don't want any unecessary bobbling.

Hughton is going to be manager next season regardless of what we think, no club in the world would sack someone who has just won promotion. I can't see Hughton being successful with the brand of football he is playing at the moment if we do go up though. The problem will be identifying a manager who is significantly better. None of the names which were mentioned before he got the job inspired me much.

I doubt Hughton thinks he'll be in charge next season if we go up. If he is then prepare fully for a relegation of mackem proportions. We'll sink like s***.

:smug:

Guest guinness_fiend

I can't see any point in waiting until January for a contract, we should get it sorted and move on.

Out of interest, are there any other PL managers who's contracts expire at the end of the season, who's clubs will not be starting renewal negotiations until January ?

If so are there likely to be hysterical media campaigns about them or is this an exclusively Newcastle United thing ?

It's a sensible clause, to be honest. It avoids having to pay compensation if you let the manager go and the fans cannot complain that he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip.

The reason why it's rare is that Hughton doesn't have the same bargaining power as  some more experienced and overrated managers, who would point blank refuse to sign a long-term contract that denied the right to compensation.

Hughton is going to be manager next season regardless of what we think, no club in the world would sack someone who has just won promotion. I can't see Hughton being successful with the brand of football he is playing at the moment if we do go up though. The problem will be identifying a manager who is significantly better. None of the names which were mentioned before he got the job inspired me much.

I doubt Hughton thinks he'll be in charge next season if we go up. If he is then prepare fully for a relegation of mackem proportions. We'll sink like s***.

So where is Crumpy? I miss his insightful, unbiased views.

You can draw up a list of the ways in which MA could screw everything up from here. The Hughton issue and how it is handled is definitely on that list. It needs sorting so we can cross it off and start worrying about the next potential screw up, which has to be the January transfer window. 

So where is Crumpy? I miss his insightful, unbiased views.

Crumpy makes total shit one-line cunt posts when something hasn't gone well, he does not engage in debate or comment when positive things happen. Provides absolutely nothing to the forum.