The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next week is a big test for him. Poor show from Ameobi, good performances from Guthrie and Routledge, Nolan and Barton coming back.

Will be interesting to see his team selection. Will be disappointed if he drops Routledge.

Next week is a big test for him. Poor show from Ameobi, good performances from Guthrie and Routledge, Nolan and Barton coming back.

Will be interesting to see his team selection. Will be disappointed if he drops Routledge.

I think he will drop him. Barton has been decent out on the right and Shola/Carroll are a handful for any team, particularly away. I would hate to see Routledge dropped as well but he would be a great option late in the game to test tired West Brom legs.

I'd keep Routledge in, thought he played well today, one perfect cross for Carroll who who have scored if he hadn't been double marked. Barton in for Guthrie would be my only change. Jonas is in and out,  but often helps take the pressure of the side with periods of posession with Ricky on the left.

Fuck sake. We stumbled against Chelsea, get him out. Can't complain really. 9th place going into December is a fucking joke. Zola reported to be interested? Get him in, can be no worse than this shower of shite. We're not even above the mackems for fuck sake!

:doh: Fuck me I hate the media. It's basically a summary of our season, followed by saying it's not good enough, followed by mentions of managers who've recently worked in the PL who are out of work. Great journalism. With not even a 'our sources say'. It's just no sources!

f*** sake. We stumbled against Chelsea, get him out. Can't complain really. 9th place going into December is a f***ing joke. Zola reported to be interested? Get him in, can be no worse than this shower of s****. We're not even above the mackems for f*** sake!

:doh: f*** me I hate the media. It's basically a summary of our season, followed by saying it's not good enough, followed by mentions of managers who've recently worked in the PL who are out of work. Great journalism. With not even a 'our sources say'. It's just no sources!

Just have to get used to them and their agendas...achieved far more than their beloved spurs in our time in the prem. They're just starting to break their false dawn habits and its easy to target us on the back of relegation. Fuck 'em. Morons.

Sky Bet have Grant, Mancini, Ancelotti, Martinez, McCarthy and Hodgson at shorter odds to go next than Hughton.

i wonder how long until ssn has david craig on their saying theres been movement in the betting market against hughton again................

Step up Shane Ferguson.

:thup:

That's ludicrous IMO. Jonas' work rate is a tremendous asset for the team. Of course it's unsurprising his tireless running will be lauded only when we create chances off it, and he did miss a few opportunities to thread throughballs yesterday, but if you take him out of the picture completely - even the marvellous Jose Enrique wouldn't have been able to cope with Boswinga et al on the Chelsea right.

Guarantee you anyone else who comes in for Jonas (which is laughably absurd as a suggestion, to me) would not do half as much work for the team.

Yesterday we were up against it, and whilst he didn't go forward more intelligently, his contribution was still massive against a very good Chelsea side.

Ferguson should be on our bench. I find Jonas' work-rate and ball-carrying abilities useful to the team, but having three shit forwards on the bench is pointless, I'd sooner have a genuine left-wing option that might make an impact on there.

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas' workrate was almost nonexistent yesterday, baffling defence of him imo. That said we have nothing else out there unless we try Routledge on the left when Barton comes back. Ameobi was crap as well so wouldnt be too bothered who comes in for him if Hughton changes it for WBA. What was wrong with Nolan anyway?

Work rate isn't enough to be in the 1st team. And his work rate was generally poor yesterday and he made Jose do a lot of work by standing in stupid positions. A few times if he just moved 3 or 4 more yards it would have helped Jose. A lot of Jose's messing about yesterday was courtesy of Jonas being lazy.

Generally his work rate is very good. But recently i've been disappointed, perhaps it his injury. But if it is he shouldn't be playing

Ferguson should be on our bench. I find Jonas' work-rate and ball-carrying abilities useful to the team, but having three shit forwards on the bench is pointless, I'd sooner have a genuine left-wing option that might make an impact on there.

This. I'd at least give him a spot on the bench if we're not going to loan him out. Give him a few minutes sometime.

Step up Shane Ferguson.

:thup:

That's ludicrous IMO. Jonas' work rate is a tremendous asset for the team. Of course it's unsurprising his tireless running will be lauded only when we create chances off it, and he did miss a few opportunities to thread throughballs yesterday, but if you take him out of the picture completely - even the marvellous Jose Enrique wouldn't have been able to cope with Boswinga et al on the Chelsea right.

Guarantee you anyone else who comes in for Jonas (which is laughably absurd as a suggestion, to me) would not do half as much work for the team.

Yesterday we were up against it, and whilst he didn't go forward more intelligently, his contribution was still massive against a very good Chelsea side.

I agree, If Jonas wasn't there to carry the ball out past the halfway line countless times and take pressure of our defence then who else was going to? Not bothered anyway because there isn't a chance Hughton would drop him after that performance.