The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd have taken more offence at being called an 'impostor' etc. than being called a c***.  Wrong person was banned in that sense.

Ya I'm with you, either that or at worst both should be banned. There's mitigation in courts, being provoked with a personal attack right after an embarrassing defeat should have been taken into account.

:kinnear:

Bloody 'ell, it's not rocket science, let your opinions on the football do the talking and leave the uneccessary abuse out :lol:

Guest neesy111

Sad to see JH banned, tbf I would not mind being banned myself at times.  Although I sound like a t***, I don't try to get personal with people, opinions are opinions and the world would be a worse place without them.

Tbf after today's result I'm more on JH view, we are masking problems from the wins over the unwashed and Arsenal.  We again in midfield have nothing to breakdown teams when we need it, and are looking very fragile defensively.

Hughton said he was happy with the transfer window, which means he's happy with the squad, if that's the case then i'm very worried.  The amount of inbalance in the squad which is leading to Guthrie playing RM.

Did you think Hughton was going to come out and say that we'd had a bad window and that the squad was crap??  Especially if he knew that he wouldn't get any extra money as a result of saying that?  That would be stupidly counterproductive.

He said he was happy with the window and with the squad then we have got to take his word.

Sad to see JH banned, tbf I would not mind being banned myself at times.  Although I sound like a t***, I don't try to get personal with people, opinions are opinions and the world would be a worse place without them.

Tbf after today's result I'm more on JH view, we are masking problems from the wins over the unwashed and Arsenal.  We again in midfield have nothing to breakdown teams when we need it, and are looking very fragile defensively.

Hughton said he was happy with the transfer window, which means he's happy with the squad, if that's the case then i'm very worried.  The amount of inbalance in the squad which is leading to Guthrie playing RM.

Did you think Hughton was going to come out and say that we'd had a bad window and that the squad was crap??  Especially if he knew that he wouldn't get any extra money as a result of saying that?  That would be stupidly counterproductive.

He said he was happy with the window and with the squad then we have got to take his word.

He's already said he's not planning changes in January as well. :thup:

Guest neesy111

He's already said he's not planning changes in January as well. :thup:

Bad thing to say in all honesty, so he doesn't even want to try some wheeling dealing by selling a few to bring some in.  I'm guessing the next 6 weeks will dictate in all honesty what happens in january.

I'm worried about the indiscipline that seems to be setting in,players getting suspended in the last 3 games isn't good in a squad as bare as ours.

It is something Hughton has to address.As well as the fact that when we play the Stokes,Blackburns and Boltons of this league,Sol must start.

Tbf to CH there are many man mamagement reasons to be saying that, along with the fact that he has probs been told there is no money. One disadvantage CH has is that his contract is nearly up and MA woudn't think twice about getting rid of him, hence he can't fight for more money either.

I'm worried about the indiscipline that seems to be setting in,players getting suspended in the last 3 games isn't good in a squad as bare as ours.

It is something Hughton has to address.As well as the fact that when we play the Stokes,Blackburns and Boltons of this league,Sol must start.

It's getting cold so Collo probably fancies a sunny break in Spain.

Guest neesy111

Tbf to CH there are many man mamagement reasons to be saying that, along with the fact that he has probs been told there is no money. One disadvantage CH has is that his contract is nearly up and MA woudn't think twice about getting rid of him, hence he can't fight for more money either.

That's true, but clubs and managers should always say they are in the transfer market if the right deal comes along to improve the squad.  Standing still should never be an option.

I'm worried about the indiscipline that seems to be setting in, players getting suspended in the last 3 games isn't good in a squad as bare as ours.

Was discussing this yesterday, it's a major problem both on and off the pitch.

Definately something he needs to sort out.

That's true, but clubs and managers should always say they are in the transfer market if the right deal comes along to improve the squad.  Standing still should never be an option.

I don't doubt we are keeping tabs on many players as we have been quite good at stealing bargains/loans/end of contract/ forgot to fax contract/ been overheard whinning in a bar type deals.

I'm worried about the indiscipline that seems to be setting in, players getting suspended in the last 3 games isn't good in a squad as bare as ours.

Could perhaps be to do with the departure of the iron fist No.2?

The manager should be the authority figure, with the deputy as the go-between.

If Hughton has a set of balls he should have the players in this morning to analyse where it went wrong yesterday.

One of Hughton's qualities is that he doesn't over-react. Win or lose, the slate is wiped clean and he gets the players focused on the next match. Since he's been in charge, the team has always been able to shake off the odd dip in form.

Our two most important and least replacable players (ie Barton and Tiote) were out yesterday.

I don`t know if anyone else has picked up on this because I havn`t got time to read the whole thread but what I found disappointing was CH picking Colo and Williamson after watching them get out muscled and bullied against any physical team. How many times does it have to happen in a row for it to sink in. Its like he is afraid to change the team to suit the opposition.  I would have picked Steven Taylor and Sol Campball today. I said it before the match and was proved right.

Well done you.  :thup:

I put that in because a lot of people on here change there opinion from game to game. Just saying didn`t come to this conclusion with the benefit of hindsight.

The manager should be the authority figure, with the deputy as the go-between.

Yeah but we both know he has his own style which is more to do with listening to and keeping a close bond with his players. An approach which has served him well most of the time.

If Hughton has a set of balls he should have the players in this morning to analyse where it went wrong yesterday.

One of Hughton's qualities is that he doesn't over-react. Win or lose, the slate is wiped clean and he gets the players focused on the next match. Since he's been in charge, the team has always been able to shake off the odd dip in form.

Our two most important and least replacable players (ie Barton and Tiote) were out yesterday.

His biggest weakness is that he doesn't react at all.

Guest neesy111

There is always a time for a manager to over-react even Fergie has said he still has to do the hair-drier despite changing his managerial style.

I don`t know if anyone else has picked up on this because I havn`t got time to read the whole thread but what I found disappointing was CH picking Colo and Williamson after watching them get out muscled and bullied against any physical team. How many times does it have to happen in a row for it to sink in. Its like he is afraid to change the team to suit the opposition.  I would have picked Steven Taylor and Sol Campball today. I said it before the match and was proved right.

Picking a combination that have never played together and who are both coming back from injury is a real gamble and probably wouldnt have worked either, albeit for different reasons.

The positive thing is that we can now see what Campbell can bring to the side. I think he could form a good unit with Williamson.

We spent years of playing a back four that hadn`t played together, a whole season once if I remember. Also spent a few years fielding players straight back from injury, its the Newcastle way j/ks. I just feel that those 2 wouldnt have got barged off the ball or forced into errors due to weakness. If we can`t bring these players back against Bolton or Blackburn who would we bring them back against ?  Even if they weren`t upto it match practise wise we wouldn`t have kissed our goal difference goodbye.

Johnnys been banned? I didn't want that. Tell him I drink in the Hotspur before every match. If he wants a chat and prove himself a man I'll be there. Frankly though I know the lads on here and off here who are real fans of NUFC and I've got little proof to suggest he's a genuine boy.

meaning ?

Im suggesting it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and call someone a cunt. Would he have the guts to say it to my face? Of course he wouldn't.

Exact same could be said of you. Would you have said something like that to anyone's face? Most probably not.

Often in the dressing room and training ground?

Or should he do all his work through the media?