Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Only one of us didn't read tbh

No way will any firm of auditors sign off accounts going forward if the company in question are using them but not filing them with Companies House.

Sorry, you are wrong.  I am an auditor by the way.

Oh so your talking about next years accounts now?  The discussion is about the accounts that are due to be filed in 3 days, I made that perfectly clear tbh.

No way will any firm of auditors sign off accounts going forward if the company in question are using them but not filing them with Companies House.

Oh so your talking about next years accounts now?  The discussion is about the accounts that are due to be filed in 3 days, I made that perfectly clear tbh.

Yes what I'm saying is, if we set off on a path of not filing the accounts for this year, chances are the auditors won't be very keen to sign off next years.

There also would seem to be little point in not filing them if we've managed to convice the auditors to sign them off in the first place, would there?

The Yankees also didn't spend 1.5bn on their stadium but still receive, I think, roughly 95% of gate receipts and shit.

Obviously that helps a team's financial position if you don't have to pay for a stadium but get to keep all the revenue that it generates.

Its 96% apparently, so in effect they pay £6m a year to play in the stadium.  Definitely a good deal though considering what it cost to construct and the revenue it brings in.

The Yankees also didn't spend 1.5bn on their stadium but still receive, I think, roughly 95% of gate receipts and shit.

Obviously that helps a team's financial position if you don't have to pay for a stadium but get to keep all the revenue that it generates.

Its 96% apparently, so in effect they pay £6m a year to play in the stadium. Definitely a good deal though considering what it cost to construct and the revenue it brings in.

If timeed32 is correct, then what I said above is wrong.

I'll have to do some more research into it. I remember years ago a deal was agreed for NY to build new stadiums for both the Yankees and the Mets and I assumed that deal wasn't held up in anyway, but if timeEd is correct, then something happened to it.

To be honest, I have a massive grudge against the Yanks so I have a lot of incentive to paint them in the worst possible manner :lol:

Sports teams (franchises) in America, in general, receives a lot of support from the cities that they're based in. Many cities are almost pressured into building stadiums for their franchises because of the revenue that the franchise generates for the area (employment, taxes etc.). It's obviously not the same in England where you have 92 professional football clubs and a lot more semi-pro and amateur teams. In baseball, you've got 30 (I think) clubs. In the NBA, you have 30 as well and then in the nfl, you have 32 teams. The competition is much different and the rules that the govt set is also different (the NFL benefits from an anti-trust legislation, for example).

I also want to add that the Yankees have also received subsidies to the tune of $500m, covering a substantial part of the stadium as well as other related 'perks' (such as the parking space that timeEd mentioned). The fact that the city supports the franchise gives them a serious competitive edge and obviously makes the financial structure of sports franchises in America in general much different to that from professional football clubs around the world.

Yes what I'm saying is, if we set off on a path of not filing the accounts for this year, chances are the auditors won't be very keen to sign off next years.

There also would seem to be little point in not filing them if we've managed to convice the auditors to sign them off in the first place, would there?

Still missing the point.  Never said they won't file them just they are under no obligation to file on time, the auditors won't give 2 hoots if they are filed on time or not, just as long as they are.

Anyway there's no way you are an auditor though, coming out with stuff like that.

Still missing the point.  Never said they won't file them just they are under no obligation to file on time, the auditors won't give 2 hoots if they are filed on time or not, just as long as they are.

Anyway there's no way you are an auditor though, coming out with stuff like that.

Right-o :lol:

Says you who thinks the only issue there'll be is writing out the fine cheque if they don't file them.  I've never heard such a lack of commercial common sense.

Given that we're talking about a company which was loss making with a turnover of c. £100m, coupled with the fact that that turnover post balance sheet has reduced to about half that figure, the minute they are late, their customer base, debtors, creditors and football in general will be all over them chasing money & reducing trading terms given to the club.

Promotion means a massive amount to whoever is signing the accounts off in terms of going concern & the later they are signed off (if it hasn't been done already) the less risk there is to the auditors.

It's basic stuff tbh, you'll probably come across it in the next chapter of your text book.

Says you who thinks the only issue there'll be is writing out the fine cheque if they don't file them.  I've never heard such a lack of commercial common sense.

Given that we're talking about a company which was loss making with a turnover of c. £100m, coupled with the fact that that turnover post balance sheet has reduced to about half that figure, the minute they are late, their customer base, debtors, creditors and football in general will be all over them chasing money & reducing trading terms given to the club.

Promotion means a massive amount to whoever is signing the accounts off in terms of going concern & the later they are signed off (if it hasn't been done already) the less risk there is to the auditors.

It's basic stuff tbh, you'll probably come across it in the next chapter of your text book.

Beat me to the punch, was going to ask how his exams were going.

I'm 37 man been doing this all my career.

They can send them to whoever they like, the major creditors and other important stakeholders probably already have a set of accounts, for example the European money league people already have numbers from this years accounts.  You don't think the important creditors etc have wait and have to pay the £1 to get a set of accounts from CH do you?

As its a private company now I don't think Ashely will really give two hoots about what the auditors think.  They certainly don't dictate to the club when the audit work is completed because it is less risky for them. If mike wants the accounts early that's when they are done, if he wants them late that's when they are done.  If the numbers are as bad as we expect then maybe he wants promotion before they are made public to prevent the inevitable backlash. According to you though on Thursday the whole of football will be all over Newcastle like a rash due to late filing of accounts. Hardly likely.  There's no external shareholders to appease anymore.

They were filed in early January last year, I am only summising why they are later this year.  You were the one going on saying the auditors won't allow them to be late.  Which is pure nonsense.  And you still go on as if I am saying they don't have to file them at all.

Anyway they have today and tomorrow to see if you are right. 

They can send them to whoever they like, the major creditors and other important stakeholders probably already have a set of accounts, for example the European money league people already have numbers from this years accounts.  You don't think the important creditors etc have wait and have to pay the £1 to get a set of accounts from CH do you?

As its a private company now I don't think Ashely will really give two hoots about what the auditors think.  They certainly don't dictate to the club when the audit work is completed because it is less risky for them. If mike wants the accounts early that's when they are done, if he wants them late that's when they are done.  If the numbers are as bad as we expect then maybe he wants promotion before they are made public to prevent the inevitable backlash. According to you though on Thursday the whole of football will be all over Newcastle like a rash due to late filing of accounts. Hardly likely.  There's no external shareholders to appease anymore.

They were filed in early January last year, I am only summising why they are later this year.  You were the one going on saying the auditors won't allow them to be late.  Which is pure nonsense.  And you still go on as if I am saying they don't have to file them at all.

Quoted the wrong person mate, I've only contributed one line to this discussion.

Anyway, there is one line where Ashley has been consistant, and that is the finances of the club. We've already had the one man PR machine Lambias pre-empting poor results and in many ways it's in Ashleys favour to release results showing how he has had to support the club once more.

Are you guys charging each other for every post you make. I hope so. Don't forget to charge for any extra research involved too.  ;D

Are you guys charging each other for every post you make. I hope so. Don't forget to charge for any extra research involved too.  ;D

I hope note, doubt I could afford Broadswords fees, at 37 he must have 15 years + experience so should be looking at a direcotr or partner fee from him.

I can afford LLLO's 'bag of crisps' fee though

I hope note, doubt I could afford Broadswords fees, at 37 he must have 15 years + experience so should be looking at a direcotr or partner fee from him.

:lol:

That smiley just cost you another bag of crisps. :pow:

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/MonsterMunch-Spicy.jpg

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/MonsterMunch-Spicy.jpg

Pickled Onion or you can fuck off tbh.

Auditing for 15 years?

I feel deeply sorry for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest malandro

NUFC accounts still not filed. Is this common practice for companies with turnovers in excess of £50m and are there any advantages to submitting accounts late?

NUFC accounts still not filed. Is this common practice for companies with turnovers in excess of £50m and are there any advantages to submitting accounts late?

checked company houses website and says the next accounts are not due until next year and their are accounts filed til 30-06-2009 but they're dormant

edit or not clicked wrong link

• 2 weeks later...