Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Brom - 18/01/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

would any of you make any subs?

if so, who?

R.Taylor on for Simpson, but that'd be about it.

Ranger for Lovenkrands.

This game seems far more suited to pace, than having a big lad to hold up long balls

I think I may be the only one who thinks Nolan hasn't been as bad as it's been made out on here.  He's played some good passes.

The goal was his fault though.

What?  It certainly wasn't Shola's fault (the person who is marking Tamas) then?

I think I may be the only one who thinks Nolan hasn't been as bad as it's been made out on here.  He's played some good passes.

The goal was his fault though.

What?  It certainly wasn't Shola's fault (the person who is marking Tamas) then?

Showed a right-footer inside. Schoolboy.

The goal was far more Ameobi than it was Nolan.

Should have been prevented at source.

Tried didnt he. If he was a winger on that side you'd expect him to know the players weak foot, not his role though.

The goal was far more Ameobi than it was Nolan.

Should have been prevented at source.

Tried didnt he. If he was a winger on that side you'd expect him to know the players weak foot, not his role though.

Defending isn't Ameobi's role either.

Neither of them did nearly enough.

Nolan is strictly a goalscorer for us, so just have him play just behind the striker, which we did earlier in the season with some success.

Guthrie and Smith in the centre would be a much healthier proposition. We could then have R. Taylor providing some good delivery from the right or Pancrate providing randomness.

We are stretched down the right because of strength and pace, neither quality Guthrie or Simpson have in abundance. Bringing pace on the right, Guthrie into the middle means sacrificing one of Nolan or Smith, a brave move when you are struggling to contain the opposition.

If Houghton tells them to push up we're gonna be fucked.

What would you tell em?

When they break show them the outside and get more compact in the middle. The main thing is not to get dragged about as that heightens the panic at this level.  :cheesy: