Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Brom - 18/01/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

s**** ref canny game, West Brom played decent stuff at times but still always thought we could and should of won it pens and dodgy offsides and olsen should have been sent off

I agree with the ref. He seemed to lose his bottle and lost the game, some key decisions went against us.

I think someone else said West Brom were the best team we've played this year. Could not agree more with that, they were much more impressive than Forest were when they beat us. I think their problems are clear though and it's the same ld thing for them, great going forward but dodgy at the back. We could have and should have won that one at the end, if it weren't for the ref and linesman we probably would have.

At the end of the day though a point is much better for us than them, we are still in the driving seat and another tough fixture out of the way.

Guest DarkSchneider

Jonas was the only real threat going forward. On his day he can make things happen. Has great ball control and can pick a pass outside the area... He does everything right until the decisive move. I think it's a psychological thing. If only he could sort that out.

Guthrie instead of Nolan and a decent RW would be great.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Harper 7

Simpson 5

Coloccini 6

S.Taylor 7

Enrique 7

Jonas 8

Smith 6

Nolan 4

Guthrie 8

Ameobi 5

Lovenkrands 7

Carroll 6

R.Taylor 6

Very frustrated with a draw. I can't decide whether we were lucky or unlucky. on the one hand, miller's miss was amongst the many times we got very very lucky. but 2 blatant penalties and that "offside" call for lovenkrands were match changing moments that went against us. defending was shambolic today and that - along with vintage shola - was a nasty flashback to the last few seasons. some of our players are soooo bloody annoying!

our chance to pull away has gone and i'm starting to get worried. however if miller's chance went in, it would have been a disaster. Fantastic match though.

Give it a rest TT/Numbers ffs. Take it to PM if you want to call each other names.

Edit - and iliketoonarmy.

I didn't start calling anyone names, I posted my opinion,he didnt agree,not my fault he called me a "thick cretin" and a "tosser" which im neither by the way...although the tossing bit...nevermind...

Crap ref tonight, we could have easily had 3 penalties on a different night, West Brom were lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the pitch.

Our midfield really need to try looking for team mates instead of just passing the ball to where they hope a team mate will be, each midfielder tonight was guilty of it, some (Smith & Nolan) more than others.

Up front Loven looked good considering the week he's had whilst Shola was a bit of a non-entity (so better than usual).  Carroll is shit at heading the ball on, if the team aren't going to fire crosses in to him to attack in the penalty area we might as well not bother playing him.  Slightly annoyed that we didn't test their keeper more since he was gash.

Some of our defending was laughable, Colo had no idea where Bednar was for their 2nd.  The less said about Simpson tonight the better.

I expect Hughton will just play the reserves on Saturday so we'll not really know if the players have learned anything from tonight's performance.

fuckin struggling at the minute, tonight was a must win for me.

how the fuck olsson stayed on the pitch i dont know, and the cunt at right back too.

draw was a fair result in end. fuck.

Must win? ???  For West Brom maybe, certainly not for us.

Not too disappointed with the draw, it could have gone either way.

The longer this season goes on, I just hav a horrible feeling that we're overperforming and we can't sustain it for a whole season. So many poor players and so many weaknesses. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

I think Di Matteo overrated their team's performance a bit, they were very good but could not have complained if they had lost it. We had more on target than them and they could have easily given two penalties away.

Could have gone either way, quite right Chris.

Jonas does everything right except the pass.

He's fuking s***.

Cameron Jerome looks twice as dangerous as Jonas.

Mickey Mouse armed with a pillow looks twice as dangerous as Jonas man.

Yea lets blame Jonas...bravo.

And where did i blame him? He's s**** at everything apart from running with the ball, zero creativity, but still our best attacking mid unfortunately. Bravo for being stupid BTW.

Im stupid because i dont agree with you, like you said he was our best attacking midfielder, has a s*** final ball yep but there is far worse in the team..aka the anonymous nolan tonight.. yet you choose to single him out.

That makes me stupid?

f*** off to mensa will you.

I didn't single him out you thick cretin, i've had a go at near everyone who's deserved it tonight. Tosser.

What makes me a "thick cretin" then rude boy?

Dunno, your IQ?  That's what generally makes people thick.  The cretin part would come from upbringing.

Is this the part where all the regular posters start gang banging me because i dont post that often and i disagreed with someone? :(

I think Di Matteo overrated their team's performance a bit, they were very good but could not have complained if they had lost it. We had more on target than them and they could have easily given two penalties away.

What did Hughton say post match?

Crap ref tonight, we could have easily had 3 penalties on a different night, West Brom were lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the pitch.

Our midfield really need to try looking for team mates instead of just passing the ball to where they hope a team mate will be, each midfielder tonight was guilty of it, some (Smith & Nolan) more than others.

Up front Loven looked good considering the week he's had whilst Shola was a bit of a non-entity (so better than usual).  Carroll is shit at heading the ball on, if the team aren't going to fire crosses in to him to attack in the penalty area we might as well not bother playing him.  Slightly annoyed that we didn't test their keeper more since he was gash.

Some of our defending was laughable, Colo had no idea where Bednar was for their 2nd.  The less said about Simpson tonight the better.

I expect Hughton will just play the reserves on Saturday so we'll not really know if the players have learned anything from tonight's performance.

He clearly knew exactly where he was as he looked over at him.  But instead of going to Bednar he tried to put himself in a position to cut out any ball to him.

Just got back from the pub. Can't see how the fuck Jonas didn't get a penalty on that last one. Should have at least have been one when Løvenkrands was fouled as well. All in all a draw was probably deserved based on the performance, but still. Should have had at least one penalty.

Jonas does everything right except the pass.

He's fuking s***.

Cameron Jerome looks twice as dangerous as Jonas.

Mickey Mouse armed with a pillow looks twice as dangerous as Jonas man.

Yea lets blame Jonas...bravo.

And where did i blame him? He's s**** at everything apart from running with the ball, zero creativity, but still our best attacking mid unfortunately. Bravo for being stupid BTW.

Im stupid because i dont agree with you, like you said he was our best attacking midfielder, has a s*** final ball yep but there is far worse in the team..aka the anonymous nolan tonight.. yet you choose to single him out.

That makes me stupid?

f*** off to mensa will you.

I didn't single him out you thick cretin, i've had a go at near everyone who's deserved it tonight. Tosser.

What makes me a "thick cretin" then rude boy?

Dunno, your IQ?  That's what generally makes people thick.  The cretin part would come from upbringing.

Is this the part where all the regular posters start gang banging me because i dont post that often and i disagreed with someone? :(

Nope, I think you're right and he's talking shit to be honest.

What did Hughton say post match?

That Jayson was a fat minger.