Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I thought Williamson did alright in the Arsenal cup game, you've got to take into account the players he was playing with as well.

Yes, but individual errors are individual errors.

Still though, we used the crap midfield excuse to defend recent defenders.  If Williamson has Smith in front of him rather than Tiote he will probably look worse.  Williamson's been decent most of the season and seems to have looked worse without Tiote in the team.  I dunno if he's a long term solution but I think he's an alright player with decent players around him.  A lot of our players seem to look worse with the likes of Smith in the team.

I think he's OK, never said owt less. But I think we can do better.

But there's no harm in extending his contract? It's not like we pledge to start him every game till 2016

What are you talking about? I didn't mention his contract.

I think he's OK, never said owt less. But I think we can do better.

But there's no harm in extending his contract? It's not like we pledge to start him every game till 2016

What are you talking about? I didn't mention his contract.

You mentioned that he has been looking iffy in at least half the Premier League games he has played, so naturally I thought you'd be against awarding a 5 year contract to somebody who is a liability half the time..

Wheres this love of Saylor come from, I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but he's s**** at cb, makes loads of mistakes, plus he's thinks he's Beckenbauer.

I can't remember Taylor making many (if any) mistakes on the scale of those committed by Colo and Williamson in the last fortnight.

Did you take a season off from supporting us last season? Taylor was outstanding before his injury.

Wheres this love of Saylor come from, I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but he's s**** at cb, makes loads of mistakes, plus he's thinks he's Beckenbauer.

I can't remember Taylor making many (if any) mistakes on the scale of those committed by Colo and Williamson in the last fortnight.

Did you take a season off from supporting us last season? Taylor was outstanding before his injury.

Taylor's made plenty of errors far worse than Williamson and Coloccini. If it's a question of consistency alone, Taylor's the worst CB out of the four of them.

Taylor's made plenty of errors far worse than Williamson and Coloccini. If it's a question of consistency alone, Taylor's the worst CB out of the four of them.

Plenty? Far worse? Sorry, you'll have to be specific, as I don't think you'll see a much worse episode than Colo v Elmander (Pts 1 and 2).

Was Taylor not consistent last season?

The only defence Taylor has is that he's been thrown in with some properly garbage centre halves over the years, and behind some terrible midfields. Doesn't excuse his own lack of progress of course, but I'd be interested to see how he gets on alongside a natural leader and compatriot in Campbell (and with Tiote protecting).

The only defence Taylor has is that he's been thrown in with some properly garbage centre halves over the years. Doesn't excuse his own lack of progress, but I'd be interested to see how he gets on alongside a natural leader and compatriot in Campbell.

Proper garbage, perhaps. Yet most of them have been prefered over Taylor at one point or another.

In fact, when you look at everyone who's managed us in Taylor's time, how many have had faith to start the lad regularly when there's been other options?

The only defence Taylor has is that he's been thrown in with some properly garbage centre halves over the years, and behind some terrible midfields. Doesn't excuse his own lack of progress of course, but I'd be interested to see how he gets on alongside a natural leader and compatriot in Campbell (and with Tiote protecting).

:thup:

Tiote has massively benefited everybody (Colo, Williamson, Nolan in particular). I'd be interested to see how Taylor gets on now.

Taylor gets far too much criticism on here in my opinion. I don't particular rate him  as anything above a middle/bottom PL centre half, which is pretty much what we can hope for atm.

I don't get the stick that Taylor gets - people make it out like he is a shit defender when that is far from the case

Not so long ago people were talking about him as one of England's most promising CBs.

I don't think he's world class, but he's a good asset to the squad and probably as good as Williamson TBH.