Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest neesy111

Not his fault he's playing, pardew's and the boards fault.

If Pardew thinks he was good enough at start of the season then he's lost the plot.

Guest palnese

If Pardew thinks he was good enough at start of the season then he's lost the plot.

Yeah, that's of course true, and I know the sensible thing would be to let him off the hook, as he's shite at this level, but I jus't can't :lol:

I understand this now and I understand it every week. But it doesn't make him immune from criticism.

It's not his fault he's in the line-up, but it is absolutely his fault that he's a poor footballer.

Perch is capable of pulling out the occasional immense performance (see vs L. Suarez at home last season) whereas Williamson is a complete liability and a complete waste of space. No contest, I'd play Perch pretty much every single time.

Perch is capable of pulling out the occasional immense performance (see vs L. Suarez at home last season) whereas Williamson is a complete liability and a complete waste of space. No contest, I'd play Perch pretty much every single time.

Perch has been an exceptional squad player for the last year and is a far better player than Williamson.

As a CB he's just as bad, though, which is the issue.

He has different limitations though, for a start he doesn't get outpaced by pretty much every single player in the division which is a massive advantage. Perch also manages to pass the ball with a bit of confidence. He's stronger in the tackle and his positioning is no worse than Williamson's either. The only thing Williamson has on him is height and winning bread and butter headers (and he's not even too good at that tbh).

Williamson was once outjumped by Charles N'Zogbia ffs. He's an absolute embarrassment.

As a CB he's just as bad, though, which is the issue.

He has different limitations though, for a start he doesn't get outpaced by pretty much every single player in the division which is a massive advantage. Perch also manages to pass the ball with a bit of confidence. He's stronger in the tackle and his positioning is no worse than Williamson's either. The only thing Williamson has on him is height and winning bread and butter headers (and he's not even too good at that tbh).

Williamson was once outjumped by Charles N'Zogbia ffs. He's an absolute embarrassment.

Williamson can win a header if its against stick thin players, but its really better if he didn`t as it will only go to the opposition, even unchallenged it will go into a danger area.

According to his wikipedia page, his entire career in league matches consists of:

16 appearances for Torquay

144 appearances for Wycombe

21 appearances for Watford.

Then, at the age of 26, he signed for Newcastle United. Hes made 79 league appearances - the vast majority of them in the Premier League (and its 92 appearances in all competitions).

I think hes done unbelievably well considering hes in no way, shape or form a Premier League player. Hes actually been a man of the match contender on a number of occasions during his time here (although not any time recently and always in our more insipid displays).

He should never, ever have been required to play nearly 100 times for us.

I think hes shown an awful lot of character and he'd certainly get a clap from me if he came back to the club in future, but I really hope that in January we sign a player that means he never plays again.