Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Put him in for 2 or 3 games and he'll do a decent job. Rely on him for 2 or 3 months and we'll ship goals hand over fist.

He's been really good recently but we simply can't rely on him.

:sadnod:

We've seen all of this before from Williamson.

He's solid when the midfield is deep and solid. If we want to move up the league by coming out to win games he has absolutely no place in the team.

Well either that or he'll force us to defend a lot deeper.... its not ideal at all so i agree but fact of the matter is no CB partnership is suitable for us to be able to win games without defending deep and counter attacking.

Put him in for 2 or 3 games and he'll do a decent job. Rely on him for 2 or 3 months and we'll ship goals hand over fist.

dunno he was in the team for most of the season in the 5th place season after Taylor got injured and I wouldn't say we shipped goals hand over fist then. Fact is as it stands I'd trust Williamson to be more solid than any of the rest of our cbs as it stands, MYM is still adapting and its hard to fully trust him after seeing him run away from the ball vs Everton, Colo hasn't looked right since he tried to get away and he's picking up injuries more and more often, Taylor is well Taylor a decent enough premier league cb mostly but with a severe tendency to do something completely daft and prone to injury.

Maybe MYM will get more trustworthy as the season goes on and who knows Taylor may stay fit for a while but until then Williamson will do nicely.

Keeps his place IMO, not made a mistake. Review if/when he does.

Yep, how it should be for all players imo. Maybe why Tiote and Cisse fell away as they knew if they were fit they played. We definitely need a more competitive attitude in the squad.

He's solid when the midfield is deep and solid. If we want to move up the league by coming out to win games he has absolutely no place in the team.

Nether does Taylor tbf, and you love him.

I love a player because I think he's better than Mike Williamson? This is a new one.

I love a player because I think he's better than Mike Williamson? This is a new one.

You always want Taylor in at CB regardless who is fit. Debuchy dropped for Mbiwa at right back at some point this season as well. Crazy talk.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't hate him because he does exactly what you expect of him most of the time. He's not the type that will play well but make a mistake, he's the type that will work within the absolute maximum of his ability, it's just that his ability isn't very good.

I get much more pissed off with him playing than I do at him as a player.

I get most nervous when he has the ball, he absolutely hates it. Although kind of makes me laugh when he gets a rush of confidence and plays a low pass about 15 yards up field.

He's the un-droppable CB for me atm. He's playing well with MYM and I don't want to see Mapou get harshly dropped for Colo. No need to change a decent CB partnership unless its broken; mind you that could happen on Sunday vs Spurs, but would be harsh on both Willo and MYM.

It was very noticeable that a lot of the time Cheick would drop back for the ball and Moke would side foot the ball 5 yards to him and let him get on with it  :lol: they've obviously all agreed that he's turboshit with the ball and worked out a plan.

Still, that or a sideways pass along the back line I can kinda deal with if it's causes no danger.

It's a dreadful situation for a professional footballer mind, but it is what it is.

Bizarre as it is, he actually has some good attributes defensively, good organiser, canny at heading, doesn't shirk a tackle, couple of big ticks for a CB.

As much as I'd not have him in there in an ideal world, I quite like him, honest pro doing the best he can.

You always want Taylor in at CB regardless who is fit. Debuchy dropped for Mbiwa at right back at some point this season as well. Crazy talk.

Not really. Debuchy was playing terribly and I don't particularly want to see Mapou on the bench when he could be gaining valuable playing time. It'd get the best out of Hatem at RF, that's for sure.

I do think a fit Taylor is certainly both the best long term partner for our best prospect at CB and the best partner for Colo while he's still here.

Not really. Debuchy was playing terribly and I don't particularly want to see Mapou on the bench when he could be gaining valuable playing time. It'd get the best out of Hatem at RF, that's for sure.

I do think a fit Taylor is certainly both the best long term partner for our best prospect at CB and the best partner for Colo while he's still here.

Wasn't Debuchy just getting the same though? Adapting to the league, like Mapou is?

Taylor long term :anguish:

Was about to post something like this.

He's always come back in to the side looking fairly solid and puts in some decent performances. As soon as he's playing regularly the mistakes start to creep back in to his game and he gets slated for it. This is where he is useful just being a player that covers for a regular pairing.

Wasn't Debuchy just getting the same though? Adapting to the league, like Mapou is?

Taylor long term :anguish:

Mapou is younger and playing in an older more important position, to be fair.

As for Taylor for being long term, there's obviously no mileage in Colo or Williamson other than in the short term so unless we spend money on a CB it's a pretty straighforward point to grasp.

We've only got 1 long term centre half at the club and that's MYM. We should be getting one in January and another one next summer, at least. I think Williamson's a decent short-term option but he should be gone by next the beginning of next season.

Agree, although I wouldn't have a problem with Williamson still being in the squad as long as he's further down the order.

We've only got 1 long term centre half at the club and that's MYM. We should be getting one in January and another one next summer, at least. I think Williamson's a decent short-term option but he should be gone by next the beginning of next season.

Agree, although I wouldn't have a problem with Williamson still being in the squad as long as he's further down the order.

:thup:

CB is crucial now. Taylor is a liability, Willo is solid for only short periods, Colo gone at the end of the season. We need to find a strong physical presence to be put alongside MYM who will give us a bit of a tougher edge at the back. Who that is i really don't know but i'm sure our scouts are capable of finding it.

Don't see how we can rely on Taylor, he's not a young lad any more and he's constantly injured.

Who said we could? He's still got far more of a future at the club than Williamson and Coloccini, whichever way you look at it.

Who that is i really don't know but i'm sure our scouts are capable of finding it.

Yeah, the same scouts who bought a CB who wouldn't complement, nor by complemented by our only nailed-on starting CB. We should just spend good money on a proven CB from the Premier League and stop pretending the alternative has any more credibility.

Who that is i really don't know but i'm sure our scouts are capable of finding it.

Yeah, the same scouts who bought a CB who wouldn't complement, nor by complemented by our only nailed-on starting CB. We should just spend good money on a proven CB from the Premier League and stop pretending the alternative has any more credibility.

MYM was a great buy. Up there with our best purchases of recent times. We know we've got Colo's replacement sorted, it's not easy to replace him but we've found an absolute gem.