Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I don't think he's very good at the Steven Taylor role he's playing. In fact, as bizzare as it may sound, he's probably better suited to the defensive role Coloccini plays because his lack of strength and aggression isn't as exposed.

Baffles me why people try to overcomplicate their appraisals of underperforming players. He's both physically and technically deficient, and has nothing in his locker needed to play the Colo role.

Guest neesy111

I don't think he's very good at the Steven Taylor role he's playing. In fact, as bizzare as it may sound, he's probably better suited to the defensive role Coloccini plays because his lack of strength and aggression isn't as exposed.

Baffles me why people try to overcomplicate their appraisals of underperforming players. He's both physically and technically deficient, and has nothing in his locker needed to play the Colo role.

His decision making is terrible at times which is completely down to the player.

I actually think his reading of the game is the only reason he's made it this far.

Aye, but he's so slow that he could only utilize that when playing at a stopper role.  He is too slow to play as a cover role like Colo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, he's just strangely built. He's not particularly tenacious or strong (or good in the air) despite his height and he really doesn't fill the stopper duty with any conviction.

Guest neesy111

Pardew's got no choice but to stick with him. We've literally got no-one else better to play there.

Which makes the not signing a CB farce in January, even more of a farce now.

Pardew's got no choice but to stick with him. We've literally got no-one else better to play there.

Which makes the not signing a CB farce in January, even more of a farce now.

Bingo. Zero options at CB for the rest of the season.

Lad I work with played with Willo as a teenager in Torquay.

Reckons he was a very limited player back then, nobody can believe he made it past league 1 level, never mind be a Premier League player.

He also said that as a teenager he was the quickest player in the league!

Sure ive read this before ???

Reckons he was a very limited player back then, nobody can believe he made it past league 1 level, never mind be a Premier League player.

Wasn't there a stat that suggested 36-year-old Sol Campbell was quicker than Theo Walcott?

Wasn't there a stat that suggested 36-year-old Sol Campbell was quicker than Theo Walcott?

Aye, top speed or something.

The fat bastard probably does reach terminal velocity when he gets going, unfortunately it takes him 3 days to get going.

He was poor yesterday aye and his weaknesses have been exposed quite a bit this season but he is still our best option at CB (alongside Colo of course) atm. I like him so I'll continue put my trust in him to do a a decent job but he should have really done better against that Wolves team. He does have a decent reading of the game and he has been solid at times but he's unfortunately not on the same level as Saylor.

Aye, top speed or something.

The fat bastard probably does reach terminal velocity when he gets going, unfortunately it takes him 3 days to get going.

Someone found the original results and it turned out to be Frazier Campbell, not Sol Campbell.