Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

He should be 4th choice CB really, the failure to bring a CB in during the January window was always going to prove a mistake and is doing so already.

Just hope it doesn't cost us a top seven spot.

Guest bimpy474

Like an old dog that you love, you know when its time to pick up the elephant gun and blow his head into a million pieces.

Sorry Willo but you are old Rex, you need elephant gunning from the team.

williamson's shocking in the air, strangely enough considering his height. has no leap, lacks aggression and weak as piss upper body strength. just being tall doesn't mean you're imposing in the air or can head it well. rest of his game isn't that much better unfortunately.

I still think he's a decent reader of the game but his confidence and assuredness has dropped a bit with teams now targeting him week in week out, either by getting uncomfortably close to him at set-pieces or trying to isolate him in the back-line and running at or behind him. even his tackling which used to be fairly crisp and clean now looks messy and awkward. and this combination of low confidence, poor form and being under pressure also manifests when he's on the ball - incredibly nervous combined with the ball skills of carroll vs chelsea.

part of that is down to him not being particularly talented, while part of it is him not having the attributes to complement Colo, playing alongside a disaster of a RB and not always getting protection from midfield (though this last point can't be used as an excuse today).

ultimately he's the kind of player i'd expect to see at wolves or wigan, or even as far down as mid-table championship, rather than us. pity we didn't bring in a replacement in jan, and as bad as Willo is, if him or, god forbid, Colo were to get injured we'd basically be in the state of forfeiting matches as the replacements are hideous.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't think he's very good at the Steven Taylor role he's playing. In fact, as bizzare as it may sound, he's probably better suited to the defensive role Coloccini plays because his lack of strength and aggression isn't as exposed.

Said after 5 mins he looked a shambles, then proceded to give a shambles performance.

Did have a shocking start like :D. Headed it straight to them then preceded to foul the player he just gave the ball to. He has those sort of clumsy moments.

I'll never forget the liverpool away game last season where he went to get the ball got closed down by Suarez, panicked, miss-controlled, then pulled him down for a penalty. Urgh.

I don't think he's very good at the Steven Taylor role he's playing. In fact, as bizzare as it may sound, he's probably better suited to the defensive role Coloccini plays because his lack of strength and aggression isn't as exposed.

Yes, that is very bizarre. Williamson is the complete opposite of Coloccini when it comes to having the ball at his feet so fail to see how we would be better suited to that role

Williamson is an average and limited defender

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ahmed, obviously he's poor technically and scared of the ball but I think he reads the game well and is better suited playing the 'Colo press out' role.