Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Top of the league and signing players that will improve the  team so be happy.

Appreciate the fact that financially the club is strong and we are seemingly heading straight back up (fingers crossed!).

I think in the current climate the cronies at least deserve credit for the financial state of the club.

I will say though, even if we go up I would expect us to continue to make similar signings as we have been in this window, with a few slightly more expensive signings in more important areas such as an established striker.

Think they will continue to target talent from the lower leagues with potential to step up, good players who are in the final year of their contracts, young talent from abroad etc. That sort of vibe really. Let's see what they can come up with. If and when it fails then we can have a good moan about it.

Appreciate the fact that financially the club is strong and we are seemingly heading straight back up (fingers crossed!).

I think in the current climate the cronies at least deserve credit for the financial state of the club.

I will say though, even if we go up I would expect us to continue to make similar signings as we have been in this window, with a few slightly more expensive signings in more important areas such as an established striker.

Think they will continue to target talent from the lower leagues with potential to step up, good players who are in the final year of their contracts, young talent from abroad etc. That sort of vibe really. Let's see what they can come up with. If and when it fails then we can have a good moan about it.

Be happy? :lol: 

The past two years have been will have been a lesson to all how not to go about running a football club - lies, underhand deals with agents, employing mates, employing yes men, selling key players at silly times, taking huge gambles which could've potentially ruined the club etc. I could go on.

The club isn't financially strong either. It's on a precipice. We're relying on the parachute payments and we need promotion, hence the reason they actually need to spend.

They're not exactly cleaning up a mess they inherited any more, they made this mess for themselves.

The players deserve credit, Chris Hughton deserves credit, the fans deserve credit. MA and DL deserve fuck all.

Never thought i'd say this but fair play to Laurel and Hardy. They said funds would be made available to Hughton and they've been true to their word.

Makes a nice change

Fuck that. It's their job to back their chosen manager and they're doing it 12 months too late.

They're getting no pat on the back from me.

Pretty sure keeping as many of the Premier league squad together as they did was some decent backing and the main reason we didn't fulfil the gloomy predictions for this season.

Never thought i'd say this but fair play to Laurel and Hardy. They said funds would be made available to Hughton and they've been true to their word.

Makes a nice change

Fuck that. It's their job to back their chosen manager and they're doing it 12 months too late.

Pretty sure keeping as many of the Premier league squad together as they did was some decent backing and the main reason we didn't fulfil the gloomy predictions for this season.

Surely that's more to do with the resolve of the players we've got rather than the ownership? I don't think Mike and Dekka were dishing out the golden handshakes to convince them to stay on, do you?

The past two years have been will have been a lesson to all how not to go about running a football club - lies, underhand deals with agents, employing mates, employing yes men, selling key players at silly times, taking huge gambles which could've potentially ruined the club etc. I could go on.

The club isn't financially strong either. It's on a precipice. We're relying on the parachute payments and we need promotion, hence the reason they actually need to spend.

They're not exactly cleaning up a mess they inherited any more, they made this mess for themselves.

The players deserve credit, Chris Hughton deserves credit, the fans deserve credit. MA and DL deserve f*** all.

What's done is done. I'm just happy, yes happy, the club hasn't gone tumbling down further, which could have easily happened.

The players deserve credit, Chris Hughton deserves credit, the fans deserve credit. MA and DL deserve f*** all.

What's done is done. I'm just happy, yes happy, the club hasn't gone tumbling down further, which could have easily happened.

Fair enough, but respect my right to still be fucking furious :lol:

Fair enough, but respect my right to still be f***ing furious :lol:

:lol:

Sure thing. It's respected.

Makes a nice change

Surely that's more to do with the resolve of the players we've got rather than the ownership? I don't think Mike and Dekka were dishing out the golden handshakes to convince them to stay on, do you?

The players can want to stay as much as they want, but if the club want the cash and them off the wagebill I have never seen a player fight it. And yet the only players we got shot of were the ones that wanted out (nobody was forced to leave for the sake of the short term finances iirc) which was fairly unexpected. Doesn't make up for the gamble they took which saw us down,  but a small mercy nonetheless.

Thank heavens we had nothing like that from previous chairmen. :lol:

lies.....name 1 manager,owner,chairman who doesn't. i wouldn't want the truth most of the time.

underhand deals with agents........still curious as to why fifa/uefa/fa haven't investigated this further.

employing mates...............who doesn't

employing yes men..........se above

selling key players at silly times..................i take it you mean n'zog and milner, players whom many claimed weren't key players and we have a long history of doing that.

taking huge gambles etc...........................some would say freds transfer and wage policy was just that aswell.

dunno if its been posted but the BBC are saying we signed him on a free  ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport - should be top of the page.

If so, 'Signed on a free, from Pom-pee, Mike Williamsonnnn, Mike Williamsonnnnnn'

pompey are dumber than i thought then and ashleys a genius negotiator :frantic:

could also mean that watford don't get any sell on fee.

The article on BBC Sport says

If a transfer fee is involved, Watford will receive some of it as part of a sell-on clause in the £2m switch.

which contradicts the "on a free transfer" in the link.

It's possible you've signed him on loan, with a loan fee, but then a view to a free transfer, thus possibly escaping any sell-on fee. If this is the case, I hope Portsmouth go bust with haste, disgusting if this is the case.

It's possible you've signed him on loan, with a loan fee, but then a view to a free transfer, thus possibly escaping any sell-on fee. If this is the case, I hope Portsmouth go bust with haste, disgusting if this is the case.

seems to clever for them

It's a horrific loophole if that is the case, totally bypasses the point of a sell-on clause. I would also imagine your lot would see if they could initiate legal proceedings if they tried to get around the sell-on clause. Everyone else seems to have done so recently, anyway.

lies.....name 1 manager,owner,chairman who doesn't. i wouldn't want the truth most of the time.

underhand deals with agents........still curious as to why fifa/uefa/fa haven't investigated this further.

employing mates...............who doesn't

employing yes men..........se above

selling key players at silly times..................i take it you mean n'zog and milner, players whom many claimed weren't key players and we have a long history of doing that.

taking huge gambles etc...........................some would say freds transfer and wage policy was just that aswell.

Both put in transfer request didn't they?