Ritchie

Colo - Taylor - Williamson - Enrique

More than good enough for the prem, but lets not be to haste like. ^^

simpson/raylor -  saylor - williamson -  enrique

Colo

=D

Breaking News: Williamson Transfer Finalised

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United have completed the permanent transfer of Mike Williamson on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Portsmouth.

An emergency loan arrangement had enabled the defender to make his debut during Wednesday night's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace at St.James' Park.

And, following that flawless, man-of-the-match display, Williamson put the finishing touches to his Toon transfer on Thursday morning.

Speaking to nufc.co.uk, the 26-year-old said: "I'm delighted to get my move all sorted now and just can't wait for the next game at Leicester.

"My debut was a special occasion and it couldn't have gone any better.

"I'm immensely proud to be a Newcastle United player and this is a very exciting challenge for me.

"Already I've really enjoyed my first few days at the club and I'm looking forward to many more."

Boss Chris Hughton added: "Mike is a player who is a good age and still has time to develop.

"We hope this is the perfect platform for him to continue that development and we've seen already what he can offer with a very good debut performance.

"We're delighted to get him on board and we hope he becomes an important part of our promotion campaign this season."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100128/breaking-news-williamson-transfer-finalised_2240137_1947791

Guest Heneage

That's pretty bloody clever on our part, pushing a loan through to get him to play.

If we get a central midfielder/striker this window will have been our best in years.

Nice to hear. Had a horrible feeling it would fall through.

Would be very difficult for it to fall through once he'd played for us.  As now he can't play for anyone but us or Watford until next season.

Guest johnson293

Nice to hear. Had a horrible feeling it would fall through.

Would be very difficult for it to fall through once he'd played for us.  As now he can't play for anyone but us or Watford until next season.

Did he not play for Portsmouth then?

He can't be that good then!

:blush:

On reflection I would far rather have Williamson here than Kilgallon. Routledge has already spoken of the special bond the players have here, we don't want that spoiled by money hungry graspers like Kilgallon. He's far better off joining the increasingly miserable mercenaries at Stadium of Shite.

Guest icemanblue

Seeing as it is an emergency loan, now we have Fitz Hall in on loan too will we have to send Williamson back?

Say whaaaat?

Guest Stephen927

Seeing as it is an emergency loan, now we have Fitz Hall in on loan too will we have to send Williamson back?

Say whaaaat?

Ah, thats good then. :lol:

I know the old glamour days of signing big name players for big money was great but there's just something really exciting about bargain basement shopping.

Just the feeling that you might snap up a great youngster for peanuts or a rough diamond for a couple of million. Don't get me wrong, i'd love us to be in Man City's shoes right now but I am enjoying our shrewdness more than I ever though I would.

Take Bassong for example - It all went a bit sour in the end but he was one of my favourite signings ever. Cost next to nothing, turned out to be brilliant, sold for £8m.

I know the old glamour days of signing big name players for big money was great but there's just something really exciting about bargain basement shopping.

Just the feeling that you might snap up a great youngster for peanuts or a rough diamond for a couple of million. Don't get me wrong, i'd love us to be in Man City's shoes right now but I am enjoying our shrewdness more than I ever though I would.

Take Bassong for example - It all went a bit sour in the end but he was one of my favourite signings ever. Cost next to nothing, turned out to be brilliant, sold for £8m.

I know what you mean, it is enjoyable.

I'm not a massive fan of loan signings, as they never feel like your player, but I know we need them in our current situation.