Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Excellent performance, doesnt just stand back, he's willing to go forward and make solid tackles.

Taylor Williamson Campbell Enrique

Could be a defence good enough to keep us up

Hughton won't drop Colo, nor should he, he's our best CB.

Keegan had the right idea, you always need one defender who can play the ball out from the back.

Excellent performance, doesnt just stand back, he's willing to go forward and make solid tackles.

Taylor Williamson Campbell Enrique

Could be a defence good enough to keep us up

Hughton won't drop Colo, nor should he, he's our best CB.

Keegan had the right idea, you always need one defender who can play the ball out from the back.

This.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Said in the Matchday Program first thing he did when he got back was watch the game to see how they scored and how he could improve. Compare that to Bramble and his 'Iz playin and profilin' on my DS, ain't a."

Williamson is fast becoming the steady defender we've been looking for since Woodgate. Hopefully, it continues.

Guest Heneage

In many ways the fact he's started lower down the leagues means he's relishing every second of this, and determined to constantly improve.

He does the unspectacular but effective stuff with the minimum of fuss. Very timely touches just to get the ball nicked off the opponent without having to wreck anybody, aided by the enormous reach of his long legs.

Also his total dominance in the air when getting his head to absolutely everything aimed down the middle is almost monotonous in its regularity.

A very good signing indeed.

Guest firetotheworks

He might not have been able to get a game for Portsmouth, but I rate him.

Pompys terrible financial situation was to blame.

Den y didnt dey play him2try nd stay up nd save £££?

Guest firetotheworks

now 100% convinced that was a troll :lol:

Haha, aye. It's a running joke. I didn't do it for  fish. Just a very, very cheap laugh, because I have absolutely no life. :lol:

Williamson has been a big bonus, in that he's proved to be far better than we could have expected, given his previous record and the transfer fee.

He doesn't look particularly strong or quick, but somehow he manages to get to the ball first. All a question of a cool head and good judgement. When he does get out of position, he usually manages to recover as well.

Williamson was fast becoming one of my new favourite players last season and i'm really pleased he's carried on where he left off.

He may not be the quickest but his timing is excellent and his anticipation makes up for his lack of pace.  I think Sol and Steven Taylor are going to have a tough job breaking into the starting 11 at this rate. Not bad options for backup though.

Williamson so far has looked the better out of him and colo from the 2 games played

Agreed, not sure if Sol will slot in or provide cover now. Having a bit of depth in a position feels weird.

Getting more and more impressed with Mike with every game. He was excellent yesterday. Looks so assured and something we've been lacking at the back for years.

Superb signing by Hughton.