West Brom 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/01/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

We're almost as friendly as Josef Fritzel's dungeon. Almost

might I add, this forum's just slightly more paedophilic. Just ask that small to medium built Lebanese child in my basement.

I thought you'd let the kid out.

We're almost as friendly as Josef Fritzel's dungeon. Almost

might I add, this forum's just slightly more paedophilic. Just ask that small to medium built Lebanese child in my basement.

Like it, at last someone with a sense of humour, like it!

I've read enough of this board to know quite a few of you are doubting topping this division, we may be in the play offs, we may win it, truth is its too early to know, with Miller and Morrison (I bet you love him) back soon we will only get stronger.

Daft to wish you good luck coz that does us no favours, but may the best teams succeed!  

We're lucky to be in the position we are in at the moment. We can't compete with the passing game a team like yourselves has as our midfield is packed full of overpaid and over the hill cloggers.

Lots of insults which I will take in the spirit they are meant!  :angel:

In all honesty you are getting as popular as Leeds for many footie fans, most had a lot of sympathy for you, but you treat a lot of Championship teams as if they are not as good as you, some of them are more or at least as successful as you, you do yourselves few favours.

I went to your place last year, great stadium but I get dizzy when I wear thick socks so it was a bit scary up there , no it was very good actually. Went to great little pub at Colourcoats with a fishing boat in the car park, best fish and chips I've had in ages.

Guest Heneage

Hi all toon fans,

West Brom fan here, quite amused by some of the posts of how hard done to you have been, yes a couple of decisions went our way yesterday, but the ref on Monday did you a few favours as well so alls fair!

Overall both results were the right ones and only the most one eyed supporter would say any different.

It has also been noted how some of your visiting our place chose to do the old Garden Shed chant in respect of our quite respectable ground, but at least its payed for and its not owned by the ultimate chav which is more than you can say!

You do yourselves little favour acting that way and if you slip up this season there will be a lot of fans laughing at you acting all billy big balls!

Please pick the appropriate response based on what you were hoping to get.

a.) Wey man jog on you stupid arsehule, you an that stupid adrian chiles thnk ya tha dogs bollacks, but u's had to cheat to beat us, its only the cup anyway man nee one carse about da cup, ya'll just get nocked out by chelsea or some propa team. Ya stadiums shite too, it looks like a shed without the roof, or a gazeebo with waals. Ya shit anyway man that stupdi twat millah, he cannit even scora frum two yards, is it fun bein a propa shit yoh yoh club leek?

b.) In all honesty, the referee on Monday, was poor for both sides, we both had poor decisions given against us. Now yesterday by all accounts, and by that I mean both our fans and impartial journalists/pundits, the referee had a rather horrendous game from our point of view. To be denied two 'clear' penalties in a game is pushing the bounds of unlucky, when you add this to the fact the referee of this game has previous(Checke Swansea Coventry in the Carling Cup) you begin to think that really you were a bit shafted. Now I'm all for saying you played better, I didn't see the game but I assume being a superfan you were there, in the closest seat possible with your shirt and scarf on. But last time I checked, penalty decisions weren't based on who was playing better.

As for 'Yes we got a few decisions.' If we just highlight said decisions; Your penalties, the first goal going over the line and subsequent sending off, that strickens all but 3 of your goals, now assume we'd get one of our two penalties and we would 'In theory' have won 3-1, so to say 'yes we got some decisions.' is calling the Titanic a dingy don't you think?

Mind you, I doubt you'll be round much, I think you just came for a bite, so here it is. Enjoy.

In all honesty you are getting as popular as Leeds for many footie fans, most had a lot of sympathy for you, but you treat a lot of Championship teams as if they are not as good as you, some of them are more or at least as successful as you, you do yourselves few favours.

I went to your place last year, great stadium but I get dizzy when I wear thick socks so it was a bit scary up there , no it was very good actually. Went to great little pub at Colourcoats with a fishing boat in the car park, best fish and chips I've had in ages.

Where did you read this?

I can understand your teary-eyed whimpering, but i don't really see the issue here. We are; that's why we're top. ???

Seriously - this league's garbage, and we're absolute toss. No one here is under any illusions. You got bummed in the Prem last season, we got bummed in the Prem last season. And we both will next year if we both go up, n'all.

what a load of bollocks.

Where did you read this?

Eh? Am i missing something here? It's not exactly arrogance: we're top cos as a team we're better than the vast majority in the division, if not all.

Rubbish.

To the WBA fan, I was in front of the area where both penalty decisions were made (Bednar goin down for the first and Ameobi not getting awarded his). We saw it perfectly. Both decisions were 100% wrong. I was with 2 ipswich fans and a chelsea fan who thought the ref was terrible and a mansfield fan who watches non-league football every week and said it was the worst refereeing performance hed seen in his life. It was beyond a joke, but anyway Im not going to go on about it any more. Im based in Birmingham, so in an ideal world, Newcastle would win it and WBA and forest would follow us up, because i think they are the only 2 teams that would really offer something to the premiership. So, Ill put it down to one of those days- referee ruined the match completely but we now have to concentrate on the league and hope that these decisions will be evened out.

Guess i'm the minority then. :lol:

Do you mean we belittle sides, or something? Cos in that case - aye, that's nonsense. But in a footballing nature, we are better than the majority - largely thanks to a few key individuals in our side. We don't have a great manager of an attractive football philosophy; we've just got a few matchwinners which have put us comfortably top.

Guess i'm the minority then. :lol:

Do you mean we belittle sides, or something? Cos in that case - aye, that's nonsense. But in a footballing nature, we are better than the majority - largely thanks to a few key individuals in our side. We don't have a great manager of an attractive football philosophy; we've just got a few matchwinners which have put us comfortably top.

Had.

To the WBA fan, I was in front of the area where both penalty decisions were made (Bednar goin down for the first and Ameobi not getting awarded his). We saw it perfectly. Both decisions were 100% wrong. I was with 2 ipswich fans and a chelsea fan who thought the ref was terrible and a mansfield fan who watches non-league football every week and said it was the worst refereeing performance hed seen in his life. It was beyond a joke, but anyway Im not going to go on about it any more. Im based in Birmingham, so in an ideal world, Newcastle would win it and WBA and forest would follow us up, because i think they are the only 2 teams that would really offer something to the premiership. So, Ill put it down to one of those days- referee ruined the match completely but we now have to concentrate on the league and hope that these decisions will be evened out.

Not disagreeing that the ref gave us a few, but you have one or two divers yourself don't you! We all get games like that, the ref booked our players for two fouls on Monday, but it took five fouls, some of them worse before yours got booked, its swings and roundabouts!  

Jonas makes a meal of it sometimes, aye. Not one diver in the squad, though. Unless you mean Alan Smith, but that's a bit different.

I tend to have admiration for opposition fans who can come on here, and try and bring us down a peg or two with a well-reasoned, factual argument. The rest of them are just dullards, really.