West Brom 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/01/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Didn't even show the Shola incident. Laughable. :lol:

Too much to ask for replays as well I guess  :undecided:

In normal play, I can see why both penalties were given mind. Or is that just me ? Bednar gave a canny pirouette though

Guest toonlass

Didn't even show the Shola incident. Laughable. :lol:

Too much to ask for replays as well I guess  :undecided:

In normal play, I can see why both penalties were given mind. Or is that just me ? Bednar gave a canny pirouette though

That angle for the first pen didn't show that it was Bednar pulling Kadar, and Kadar had his arms in front of Bednar. He never pulled him.

- Ball didn't cross the line for goal 1

- Kadar's wasn't a penalty

- Taylor didn't deserve a straight red

Can't believe they didn't show the Shola incident but based on points above, it was probably a stone wall penalty.

Can't believe they didn't show the Shola incident but based on points above, it was probably a stone wall penalty.

Ref probably had £4000 on West Brom or something.

Guest toonlass

I think it was, and he had taken a whack to his face and went down holding it. Ref should have stopped the game like he did every single time a WBA player went down as soon as we went on the attack and anyone was within 3 yards of them.

On a side note, its always good to hear a millionaire Premier League Manager tell us that "Money is scarce these days" (Martin O'Neill)

I had exactly the same thought. Man of the people.

was at the game today and basically we had no chance of winning. First half we were dreadful and this was partly down to the tactics. In the 4-4-1-1 we had no outlets and while neither of their goals should have counted, they were worthy of a lead. In the 2nd half we got rid of the useless Pancrate and we played much better with the 4-4-2 system. We scored a good goal the had the 2 penalty appeals which were both definite pens, 1 based on the fact he gave the Bednar one which was soft. Ameobi's was a stonewaller and the worst thing as pointed out by others is the lack of consistency, he was constantly stopping the game when 1 of their players went down, but play continued when Shola was down. It was that 30 second period which decided the match as one of their players would had to have gone if he had given the Shola pen.

How can you tell it wasn't over the line from that angle?

If he gives the pen on Taylor he has to go.

They should have shown the Shola one and carried on to when Taylor got sent off, was only about 20 seconds between both, ridiculous. At least we got to hear the ever entertaining Steve Coppell spout his wisdom for about 15 mins though.

I sat right inline with the goal, in the home end (won the tickets) and i must say, didnt look over the line to me...i was shocked when it was given...as i was when Shola's pen wasnt given...and Ryan's...

shocking