Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Was massively impressed with him when QPR played at St James's earlier in the season, he was the best player on the park that day. Glad he's continued that form with us. Really pleased we've got him, and I think he has the attributes to do well next year.

Guest Heneage

He's not your typical jet heeled winger with no brains that I sort of had him down for - he's got great vision and a lovely weighted pass/through ball in his locker. Can't think off the top of my head if we've scored from a cross of his, we've damn sure scored from a number of his passes though. Big question of him comes next season, this is his big chance in the Premiership.

My only concern for him is his team mates lack of movement, if we had more players that moved for the ball his game would benefit much more.

If we can keep him and Jonas fit, we look a completely different team!  When we use the wings and the full backs overlap, we look really dangerous, but when we play through the centre (mainly away from home), we look clueless.

Only thing that frustrated me about Routledge yesterday was the amount of times he slipped over!  Players usually have multiple pairs of boots to suit the conditions, so I was surprised he didn't change his during the game.

He was fairly poor tonight. Gave the ball away a lot and struggled to create much. Nice ball through for the goal which was his only real contribution of the game.

What has surprised me about him is that he isn't as quick as he was made out to be when we signed him. Not sure if he's carrying a knock or not but he looks a little sluggish.

He was fairly poor tonight. Gave the ball away a lot and struggled to create much. Nice ball through for the goal which was his only real contribution of the game.

What has surprised me about him is that he isn't as quick as he was made out to be when we signed him. Not sure if he's carrying a knock or not but he looks a little sluggish.

Boooooooooo.

Guest Heneage

He still was behind another goal even on a poor game on what looked a bad pitch.

Guest firetotheworks

I've liked him a lot. Still an unknown quality in the PL for me, but he can only play what's in front of him, and he's been brill.

He still was behind another goal even on a poor game on what looked a bad pitch.

I'm not calling him shite or anything, just think that people need to be careful not to big him up too much as seems to be happening at the minute. It wasn't exactly a hard ball for him to make either, was it? He's done a decent job since he joined the club as he's added a lot more balance to the side but he hasn't really stood out that much for me, not as much as some people have made out anyway. For the praise he's getting I'd like to see him produce more than he has and on a consistent basis.

Guest Heneage

I'm not calling him s**** or anything, just think that people need to be careful not to big him up too much as seems to be happening at the minute. It wasn't exactly a hard ball for him to make either, was it? He's done a decent job since he joined the club as he's added a lot more balance to the side but he hasn't really stood out that much for me, not as much as some people have made out anyway. For the praise he's getting I'd like to see him produce more than he has and on a consistent basis.

Oh aye I know, I'm just saying it says a lot for the lad that even on a bad night he still has enough to conjure one decent pass.

Guest Stephen927

He's doing well this season but looking forward to next season and likely promotion I can't see him making the step up. Hope he does, his pace would be useful on the counter.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Honestly think he's one of the best signings we've made in a long time, just love watching him play.

:snod:

Refreshing.

Lots of energy, tries to attack, if something isn't work he'll try something else. Isn't afraid to shoot.

He's doing well this season but looking forward to next season and likely promotion I can't see him making the step up. Hope he does, his pace would be useful on the counter.

The only time he looked Prem quality was at Palace years ago. Failed at Spurs, Villa & Pompey since then... maybe it will be different if he carries on getting regular football with you but I doubt it personally.

The only time he looked Prem quality was at Palace years ago. Failed at Spurs, Villa & Pompey since then... maybe it will be different if he carries on getting regular football with you but I doubt it personally.

He's going to be very good for us next year mark my words. He was brilliant in the prem for Palace and he was just a kid then. The Tottenham move was derailed by injury, which he struggled to regain his confidence and form from, while being loaned out to all and sundry. The guys natural talent is no less than the likes of Lennon and Dyer. I would even argue he delivers an end product more consistently than the two of them.

I remember saying he was a better winger than Milner when he was available and eventually joined Villa. I thought we should have gone for him back then. I will ultimately be proved right next season.

Honestly think he's one of the best signings we've made in a long time, just love watching him play.

He's anything but one-dimensional, which is what I ignorantly thought before we signed him. He can go outside his man or cut in, he can see a pass and he has a decent shot as well.

Good signing, fingers crossed for him next season.

Guest The Enforcer

The important thing for Routledge next year is that he will be first choice and be in the team every week.

He has every opportunity to prove what he can do next season.

He's anything but one-dimensional, which is what I ignorantly thought before we signed him. He can go outside his man or cut in, he can see a pass and he has a decent shot as well.

In the Championship ...

I don't have any hopes for him next season. Really hope he uses this opportunity to show us what he can do.

Guest neesy111

In the Championship ...

I don't have any hopes for him next season. Really hope he uses this opportunity to show us what he can do.

you can make that comment for every player in our squad