Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Ryan Taylor is a decent option to have if Routledge misses a game or two.

No he fucking isn't. He is absolute dross.

We have 0 out and out replacements if Jonas/Routledge get injured currently. Will mean shunting Guthrie, Barton or Vuckic out there I'd imagine or god forbid one of the strikers. Lets hope Chris saw Shola's efforts on the wing back in the day - woeful.

Totally right about needing a better quality RB to help him out, someone he won't need to think about having to cover for all the time so he can concentrate on his game and get some support.

Without knowing much I think Perch sounds better at this than either Simpson, Saylor or Ryalor.

Daft.

You reckon?

I'm really not in the 'Saylor can do a job at RB' camp, not one little bit.

No he f***ing isn't. He is absolute dross.

We have 0 out and out replacements if Jonas/Routledge get injured currently. Will mean shunting Guthrie, Barton or Vuckic out there I'd imagine or god forbid one of the strikers. Lets hope Chris saw Shola's efforts on the wing back in the day - woeful.

Decent option doesn't mean I think he's good. Ryan Taylor will at least pick up a couple of assists and will allow us to be a threat from set-pieces (Guthrie too). Dare I say with half the games Ryan Taylor could probably rack up the same amount of assists as Jonas.

We aren't in a position to get cover and good, cheap wingers are hard to come by. For me, Ryan Taylor provides decent cover in the right-back and right-mid areas.

No he f***ing isn't. He is absolute dross.

Decent option doesn't mean I think he's good. Ryan Taylor will at least pick up a couple of assists and will allow us to be a threat from set-pieces (Guthrie too). Dare I say with half the games Ryan Taylor could probably rack up the same amount of assists as Jonas.

We aren't in a position to get cover and good, cheap wingers are hard to come by. For me, Ryan Taylor provides decent cover in the right-back and right-mid areas.

Which is why we should've bought Miroslav Stoch for £2.5m.

Ronaldo's post sums R.Taylor up perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

Early days I know, but I'd be looking at trying to get Weiss next year or someone to at least challenge him, he was the weakest outfield player today imo.

Early days I know, but I'd be looking at trying to get Weiss next year or someone to at least challenge him, he was the weakest outfield player today imo.

Agree that he was the weakest outfield player today, but the lad is class. His passing and crossing have been poor in the opening couple of games, but he will get better.

I was expecting this to be bumped because someone thought he had been missed out. I thought he was really dangerous today.

Poor crossing, but when he's attacking he's keeping the ball in the right side of the pitch. Still did a good job today, always a threat. Hate the way he struts around though, looks like a right dick.  :lol:

Didn't have his best game today, he was frustrated and frustrating with some of his passing.

He's definitely a valuable player for us though, and will play much better this season. I've got no problems with him in our side at all... he's generally quality.

Didn't have his best game today, he was frustrated and frustrating with some of his passing.

He's definitely a valuable player for us though, and will play much better this season. I've got no problems with him in our side at all... he's generally quality.

Really? I thought he was excellent. He had a couple of decent crosses cut out. I hope you're right in the fact he will play better though. If he just continues to play like he did today I can see questions being raised about and England cap. He was all over the place today, finds space, battles hard and can pick out a cracking pass, although like you said he didn't do it as much today as he did in a few games last year.

Will take some time to gel with Perch or whom ever is playing RB.

he made one stunning pass in the first half, rest of the game he showed alot of effort in attack but lacked end product. 

he cud do well by watching guti track back and help the fullback.

another reason to why perch was getting murdered at man utd.

I noticed today he doesn't like feeding the ball down the wing to someone who's making a run outside him. There were times when he was drifting inside with the ball, when he should have kept it wide.

His pace and energy offers a real threat, but his technique is a bit limited. It's frustrating because he wastes some good situations.

Aye, i love the lad, very good performance. He's the type of player we've been crying out for, for a good few years.

I thought his final ball was quite poor today. His pace and trickery certainly gives us a different dimension though - should some really classes touches at times.

Aye, i love the lad, very good performance. He's the type of player we've been crying out for, for a good few years.

I thought his final ball was quite poor today. His pace and trickery certainly gives us a different dimension though - should some really classes touches at times.

He reminds me of Walcott in a way.  Incredibly fast, but his decision making is quite poor.

Don't mind if his crossing isn't the best. Relieves pressure with his pace, wins set pieces (2 goals from corners today) and runs himself into the ground. Happy with him in team