Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

Are you all happy now?

We won 2-0, I'd take that any day, yes she should be playing better in alot of games, but we still won and theirs no reason for those of you who complained allthe way through the game like we were losing and not playing well.

:kinnear:

Winning because of an own goal. In any case, whether you're winning or not doesn't have any relevance to a performance. We've proved time and time again this year that it's possible to play gash and win. Doesn't mean we should be happy about it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, all I'm saying is their was no reason for most of you to complain like we were losing the game, we were winning, doesn't matter how we were just that we were and to be fair Palace had few chances to threaten that.

20 more games this season in the league. thats a maximum of 60 points we can take. west brom now 8 points behind. regardless of forest, can anyone see west brom gaining 8 points more than us?

Well they outplayed us in the league and cup and we are playing shite and no have our best players out.

20 more games this season in the league. thats a maximum of 60 points we can take. west brom now 8 points behind. regardless of forest, can anyone see west brom gaining 8 points more than us?

You never know with his club do you.. :-X

Are you all happy now?

We won 2-0, I'd take that any day, yes she should be playing better in alot of games, but we still won and theirs no reason for those of you who complained allthe way through the game like we were losing and not playing well.

:kinnear:

Winning because of an own goal. In any case, whether you're winning or not doesn't have any relevance to a performance. We've proved time and time again this year that it's possible to play gash and win. Doesn't mean we should be happy about it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, all I'm saying is their was no reason for most of you to complain like we were losing the game, we were winning, doesn't matter how we were just that we were and to be fair Palace had few chances to threaten that.

Did you even read my post? If we were playing badly, we were playing badly. The scoreline at that time was irrelevant.

Preston got 74 last year finishing third. we only need 20 more points to beat that now. If we win all our home games till the end of the season and lose all away games, that will bring us to 82 points just one point behind Brum's total for 2nd place last year. 8 points is a nice cushion at the moment.

That's the good news, the bad news is we appear to be really struggling right now, Palace were there for the taking but going by the stats and reading what others have said on here, sounds like we were a little fortunate to even win this one. They have to pick up and the injuries especially to our backline could come back to kill us. Of all the players to lose Jose was the last one we needed.

If they cheat like they did at the weekend and the ref remains on the payroll, then yes.

If not, I hope not.

Sounded like a crap performance though with players injured and others covering them playing our of their normal positions it was always likely to be scrappy.

That said, I don't think I heard Nolan's name mentioned once in the last 30 minutes and the only time I remember hearing Smith's name was when he was fouling someone.  The central midfield has been the weakest link in the team for the last 5 years now and it's getting worse.  Either Nolan plays just off the front one or two or he shouldn't play at all. 

Up front, if Carroll's playing then we need to get crosses in from around the byline or we shouldn't bother at all.  He's just not good enough at flicking the ball on to a team mate, or cushioning the ball down before passing it.  Add to that his lack of pace and it means that he's a passenger for us most of the time (I should add that it's a shame that no one tried to turn him into a centre half a couple of years ago as he generally deals with his defensive duties very well).

Some of us are thinking beyond this season and the terror that could await us in the Premier League.

Performances simply have to improve.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Palace without their 10 point deduction were only just outside the play offs so they were no mugs, dont forget that

They were missing Moses but the rest was as normal, dont forget Taylor and Shola have been 2 of our most effecttive players this season

The result is all that matters

Chuffed with Williamson and Routlege

Guest Stephen927

We have a healthy lead at the top and a game in hand over our closest rivals. Now to go to Leicester and get a win, they have been good this season, first season in this league and look like play-off contenders..

can anyone describe ranger's goal?

Ranger kicked the ball, it crossed the line. The fans went wild.

Pretty good stuff tbh.

Sounds spectacular. Can't wait to see it.

See if you can record it, the part where he runs while kicking the ball is pretty spectacular.

If we get an average of 2 points per game, thats less than what weve average so far this season. that would take us to 95. west brom would then need 16 wins and 4 losses, or equivalent to equal 95. Even then it would need forest to keep going at the same pace for us to not go up. People need to calm down. I know we havent set the world alight but we kept another clean sheet with a makeshift defence and scored 2 goals.

If we get an average of 2 points per game, thats less than what weve average so far this season. that would take us to 95. west brom would then need 16 wins and 4 losses, or equivalent to equal 95. Even then it would need forest to keep going at the same pace for us to not go up. People need to calm down. I know we havent set the world alight but we kept another clean sheet with a makeshift defence and scored 2 goals.

Who isn't calm? :lol:

If we played poorly (and by the accounts on the radio and from those at the game we did) then what's wrong with being disappointed about it?

I'm delighted with the win, we really needed it. But at some point we need to start performing to our abilities, even if it's just in preparation for next season should we win promotion. I'd like to see some signs that we're actually a decent team rather than just grinding out results against poor sides. The signs aren't forthcoming.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Big game for Forest on saturday, away to Derby. Hopefully the rams to pull something out of the bag for this