Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

A great window? We're on the 29th of January approaching a big game away to a promotional rival and we're still without a striker.

Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands and Carroll could all be considered strikers but i'm sure you will ignore that.

lol

I said could.

Two of those aren't up to it at this level yet in terms of goals, one is injured far too often and the other is fairly inconsistent. We need another and until we get one, this window hasn't been the complete success lots would like to depict it as.

Btw, had Derry not scored that ridiculous OG on Wednesday, we probably wouldn't have won that game and the mood on here would be significantly different.

When these clubs actually put an offer in, then its time to worry. Even yesterday the newspapers said that Arsenal and Man City have been interested. Doesn't mean they'll try for him though.

I'd be fairly confident we could beat Wigan, Burnley, Portsmouth, Wolves, Hull, Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke. Anybody else would be difficult. Fingers crossed that he's already fell in love with the city.

Two of those aren't up to it at this level yet in terms of goals, one is injured far too often and the other is fairly inconsistent. We need another and until we get one, this window hasn't been the complete success lots would like to depict it as.

Btw, had Derry not scored that ridiculous OG on Wednesday, we probably wouldn't have won that game and the mood on here would be significantly different.

You said we didn't have a striker. You said nothing about quality.

IMO Hughton is holding out for someone of abit better calibre (i.e a Moses or Beckford), if not he will sign someone like Vaughan on loan after the window.

Apart from this, it has been a pretty good window.

we're down one striker compared to before January, as we've still not replaced Harewood. We definitely need this Moses deal to come off.

Wrong IMO. Moses would be nice but Hughton will end up getting a loanee if he can't sign him.

That might not put us any better off but we won't be worse off.

I also think Lovenkrands improvement in form has made a huge difference in our thinking.

It should have been pretty obvious that I meant a new striker.

Is that your 'educated' opinion?

Not really, it's the opinion of those who've seen us piss away point after point against teams with sunday league defences. Take away the injured Shola, and our remaining 3 strikers have 9 league goals between them.

we're down one striker compared to before January, as we've still not replaced Harewood. We definitely need this Moses deal to come off.

Wrong IMO. Moses would be nice but Hughton will end up getting a loanee if he can't sign him.

That might not put us any better off but we won't be worse off.

I also think Lovenkrands improvement in form has made a huge difference in our thinking.

we won't be worse off? we'll have one striker less and Harewood scored 5 goals for us. even if you didn't rate him you have to admit that our striker situation is weaker, if only in terms of sheer numbers.

Saying that i fully expect us to bring someone in, whether it is Moses or a loanee.

I can't believe what Im reading in here...

We all know it, we've all said it, its not the strikers that are the problem, its the players giving the ball to them.......and of course Ameobi!

It would be a fantastic window even if we dont get a striker in, Routledge alone will help all our strikers (bar Ranger) score more, even the lanky streak of P......Ameobi.

A great window? We're on the 29th of January approaching a big game away to a promotional rival and we're still without a striker.

Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands and Carroll could all be considered strikers but i'm sure you will ignore that.

lol

I said could.

It was just that you had Carroll in the same sentence as the word "striker".

Guest toonlass

Among the games that we dropped points in, we created plenty chances against Bristol City, Derby and Nottingham Forest. Poor finishing let us down and it will again and again.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about Newcastle?

Among the games that we dropped points in, we created plenty chances against Bristol City, Derby and Nottingham Forest. Poor finishing let us down and it will again and again.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about Newcastle?

Coloccini.

We blatantly need a quick striker like, possibly even more than we need a CM.

When Lovenkrands doesn't play, we're atrocious to watch. Long ball bullshit for 90 minutes every single time. Movement and a bit of pace up front, which Moses would provide, is essential to any football team. Sure the midfielders need to be upgraded, but we'd still be hooping long balls up there even if we had Iniesta in the middle of the park with pairings like Carroll and Ameobi up top.

Would be a cracking signing, and I think we're in with a fair shout of convincing to come to Newcastle over any of the other clubs mentioned as being interested in him.

When Lovenkrands doesn't play, we're atrocious to watch. Long ball bullshit for 90 minutes every single time. Movement and a bit of pace up front, which Moses would provide, is essential to any football team. Sure the midfielders need to be upgraded, but we'd still be hooping long balls up there even if we had Iniesta in the middle of the park with pairings like Carroll and Ameobi up top.

Would be a cracking signing, and I think we're in with a fair shout of convincing to come to Newcastle over any of the other clubs mentioned as being interested in him.

Of course we do, but it's cooler to pretend that our current fit strikers have loads of goals and we'll rape the league with them.

We create very, very little in general. In the games we were creative paupers and the chances we did have were as a result of set pieces. Throughout the season we have ground teams down.

We are mediocre in midfield (but strong) and one dimensional. If we aren't supplying our strikers with anything other than a long punt then there is little we can blame them for from that perspective. Barnsley away was a prime example. We spent 90 minutes simply launching it to Andy Carroll and the poor sod got bugger all support from his midfield who were sitting 30 yards from him. Is that an isolated incident?

Of course we are relatively weak up top but to be so bloody ignorant and arrogant as to suggest that we don't need strengthening elsewhere is doing you very few favours. There was a point when you made sense and didn't talk such ill advised, self serving drivel.

Opinions are exactly that. They are not factual and you need to remember that.

Of course we do, but it's cooler to pretend that our current fit strikers have loads of goals and we'll rape the league with them.

Funny that, nobody said they would.