Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

More smoke and mirrors from ashley and co,

We never intended to make a serious bid for moses,

Its clear after today our midfield is stagnant and Most teams have sussed this out now,

If we  intend to go for promotion we need more pace and movement from our midfield.

Butt and co are getting overrun.

Err he's a forward? :lol:

Exactly its eyesite that we need to strengthen our midfield as a priority.

We dont need another striker

Nolan is knackered, Shola is injured.

Where are the goals?

No good having strikers if there is no midfield to feed them,

Also theres not many strikers who can play in a 451 formation so whats the point in buying one

So how are we top of the league then?

Disappointed he's chosing someone like Wigan.

I think the Premier league will be a bit to much of a jump up for him at present, especially mid season,he'll struggle to get going until next season. And players dont really develop at Wigan, I know Palacios and Valencia were good but they were good when they arrived, N'Zogbia's not really moved on.

Thought we'd be a perfect choice for him....finish the season in the Championship, playing well for us, scoring goals,having a real hand in our promotion and then he'd be a PL player next year.

He's 19....younger players need patience with their careers or they can screw them royally....look at Routledge

Guest Geordiekev

All thats disappointing is that a no mark club (Premier League status or not) like Wigan are buying our transfer targets.

if he chose Wigan over us cos of money, great, we dont need any more mercenaries like that at this club.

He would not have chosen Wigan due to money and is certainly no merc, the administrators will want the highest dollar they can get for him (not Moses) but if Moses can agree personal terms with Wigan then he will go there, the sale fee is out of his control. Wages are another thing and if a Premiereship club can offer him more and regular football then why should he not go there.

Some need to remember that we are no longer the catch we used and havent been for a long while,  a player will only come here if we can meet their personal terms and and beat off any competition. No way will we be able to fight against prem clubs for signatures, if we were playing consistant good football and sat with a 12 point lead with a game in hand then I would believe otherwise.

You don't become one of the best strikers playing crap football infront of 40k+ loyal fans in the Championship .

Bollocks. If we match the fee and personal terms I think we are a big draw for any ambitious young player. Wigan have offered a bigger fee so they are in the driving seat for now. Obviously the kid's in demand so the administrators are waiting to see bids most.

It's not bollocks players that have premiership clubs calling on their services would have to think long and hard about joining us (Moses has no time to think long and hard), yes we have a huge fan base and one of the top grounds in the UK but will they be getting the right management, director/owner. What is planned for the summer? another sale of the club? firesale of what decent assets we have should we not be promoted! Ashley hanging on but not providing what is required to stay put! all these questions and more will be running through the heads of up and coming talent/decent players.

A premiership club regardless of league position can put them in the shop window against top clubs and should that club not stay up then they can almost certainly shift a good striker on.

A player knows this and has nothing to loose other than ending up back in the division he started, but should he prove good enough to mix it then he will remain there as someone would come in for him and I'm sure his contract would take care of that risk.

We are not playing good football and we are certainly not guarenteed to go up.

Edit: This said I do hope we go up and wish we could secure a decent attacking midfielder and another striker, I heard Moses changed his mind when he found out he wouln't be wearing Addidas next season.. :weep:

So, he goes to Wigan. So what? He might be quick, has pace etc and yes, something we could do with, but his goals record is not actually outstanding, is it?

We could do with an out and out poacher, someone like Fryatt from Leicester. I agree with most on here that the midfield needs some creativity and pace and that is why I am hoping for a fully fit Barton to come back and be p,layed in his rightful position.

Furthermore, with Routledge on the right, Jonas on the left, Fryatt (if we could sign him) playing off Carroll and Barton supporting from the middle, the goals would flow.

I'm not bothered we're not getting him. What I could be bothered about regarding him going to Wigan though, is IF he had the choice between us and them on level terms. Nothing club heading back down into nothingness is what Wigan is.

All thats disappointing is that a no mark club (Premier League status or not) like Wigan are buying our transfer targets.

if he chose Wigan over us cos of money, great, we dont need any more mercenaries like that at this club.

He would not have chosen Wigan due to money and is certainly no merc, the administrators will want the highest dollar they can get for him (not Moses) but if Moses can agree personal terms with Wigan then he will go there, the sale fee is out of his control. Wages are another thing and if a Premiereship club can offer him more and regular football then why should he not go there.

Some need to remember that we are no longer the catch we used and havent been for a long while,  a player will only come here if we can meet their personal terms and and beat off any competition. No way will we be able to fight against prem clubs for signatures, if we were playing consistant good football and sat with a 12 point lead with a game in hand then I would believe otherwise.

You don't become one of the best strikers playing crap football infront of 40k+ loyal fans in the Championship .

Bollocks. If we match the fee and personal terms I think we are a big draw for any ambitious young player. Wigan have offered a bigger fee so they are in the driving seat for now. Obviously the kid's in demand so the administrators are waiting to see bids most.

It's not bollocks players that have premiership clubs calling on their services would have to think long and hard about joining us (Moses has no time to think long and hard), yes we have a huge fan base and one of the top grounds in the UK but will they be getting the right management, director/owner. What is planned for the summer? another sale of the club? firesale of what decent assets we have should we not be promoted! Ashley hanging on but not providing what is required to stay put! all these questions and more will be running through the heads of up and coming talent/decent players.

A premiership club regardless of league position can put them in the shop window against top clubs and should that club not stay up then they can almost certainly shift a good striker on.

A player knows this and has nothing to loose other than ending up back in the division he started, but should he prove good enough to mix it then he will remain there as someone would come in for him and I'm sure his contract would take care of that risk.

We are not playing good football and we are certainly not guarenteed to go up.

Edit: This said I do hope we go up and wish we could secure a decent attacking midfielder and another striker, I heard Moses changed his mind when he found out he wouln't be wearing Addidas next season.. :weep:

It is bollocks. If Wigan have offered a higher fee then they obviously realise we are a bigger draw and are throwing more money at the situation because otherwise they would lose out.

Shame we didn't get him, but more important that neither Forest or WBA did. Once the Premiership brigade entered the race, there was nowhere else he was off.

Don't agree like, I still think if we'd matched Wigans bid we'd have a good chance.

Shame we didn't get him, but more important that neither Forest or WBA did. Once the Premiership brigade entered the race, there was nowhere else he was off.

Don't agree like, I still think if we'd matched Wigans bid we'd have a good chance.

Well yeah - we were never going to. :pow:

Nowt to do with Premiership clubs though is it, its not like Wigan have come in and gazumped us.  They've just offered the money the administrators were holding out for, a whole 500k more then we offered.

Nowt to do with Premiership clubs though is it, more to do with Ashley pissing about over 500k.

Stop having a go at him, you can only win so much in Vegas.