Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

No surprise if Moses joins a Prem club - even Wigan.

Nothing is cast in stone if football and at present, NUFC is seen as a second-rate club - which it is.

If a young player with potential becomes available, you can bet your boots that a Prem side will snap him up.

It's a hard road back to the top and fraught with disappointments - it won't be easy to become a top club again after what the club has been through unless it brings its own players through the ranks ; something not looking likely at present.

Just as the UK and USA have spent years living beyond their means and not facing reality, so NUFC did the same under Shepherd and then Ashley.

This situation is the result because players want to go where the best chance of success is - just because Wigan is a 'small' club makes no difference - they are currently bigger than Newcastle United and will remain so until NUFC are in the top league and acting like a top club in EVERY way.

Absolutely no chance of us gettings Dorrans. Should go for Ambrose as a realistic improvement on what we have now.

Ambrose wouldn't be a bad second prize. The only central midfield player who can really get forward is Nolan, and he's so slow.

Well hes scored more than Nolan. So at the very least hes a player who can score AND run. Good chance the rest of his game may be better also, havent watched him enough. Doubt we'll find a scoring midfielder for cheaper though with Palaces troubles.

Absolutely no chance of us gettings Dorrans. Should go for Ambrose as a realistic improvement on what we have now.

Ambrose wouldn't be a bad second prize. The only central midfield player who can really get forward is Nolan, and he's so slow.

Would we even play Ambrose in the centre though? Pointless bringing him here as a winger.

Wow ... no need to get so down about this guys. If we don't get him then it is what it is. Hopefully we can at least land an alternative player in a position we need to. We have brought in decent players so far, and hopefully we continue to do this, whether it's Moses or not. Don't get me wrong it would be dissapointing, but let's see what else we pull out of the hat first. It was fun while it lasted.

Would we even play Ambrose in the centre though? Pointless bringing him here as a winger.

You want to disrupt the excellent trio of Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan and Alan Smith? Madness!

Ambrose has played behind the striker for Palace this season right? It seems he has really had a break out year playing there. Really scoring a lot of goals.  We have Jonas and Routledge, so hopefully he would indeed play through the middle if we did get him. I think it would be a good option if we could get Ambrose tbh. Still young at 25, and really seems to be hitting his stride now.

due to have his medical at JJB today (SSN)

Source: Transfer Overlord Guy With Unnecessary Contraption

I wondered what the bizarre scrolly touch screen thing was :lol: Pointless technology

Guest marky555

Moses to Wigan would be a shame/disaster for football.

Pure nothing club, shit fans, shit ground, just shit. His development opportunities would be so minimal.

Pure nothing club, s*** fans, s*** ground, just s***. His development opportunities would be so minimal.

Would be nice though if we go up and they pass us on their way down.

He has the choice to turn down Wigan but so far if the press is believed. Their bid is accepted our hasn't.

He can turn down Wigan but the choice isn't Wigan or Newcastle coz we havnt offered enough. It's that simple.

To simplify it even more. The administrators say to young Victor there is one club you can speak to....Wigan

not....there are two clubs you can speak to....Wigan and Newcastle....

wrong again. if he says "i want to go to newcastle" then it is up the administrators to accept or decline that offer. if they decline then moses says "ok, i stay and you get nowt"

Pure nothing club, s*** fans, s*** ground, just s***. His development opportunities would be so minimal.

Would be nice though if we go up and they pass us on their way down.

It's more likely that the signing of Moses will keep them up.

He has the choice to turn down Wigan but so far if the press is believed. Their bid is accepted our hasn't.

He can turn down Wigan but the choice isn't Wigan or Newcastle coz we havnt offered enough. It's that simple.

To simplify it even more. The administrators say to young Victor there is one club you can speak to....Wigan

wrong again. if he says "i want to go to newcastle" then it is up the administrators to accept or decline that offer. if they decline then moses says "ok, i stay and you get nowt"

like that would happen. ffs

like that would happen. ffs

remember harry kewell ?