Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Hughton - 0. Got literally everything wrong.

wouldn't say he got everything wrong. the starting line up was shit and the reaction to the sending off was shit. when he eventually made changes we looked much better. my problem was that he waited far, far too long to make them. we only went 4-4-2 with two wingers on the flanks for the last 15 minutes, at least half an hour too late.

Guest Geordiekev

Leicester are a good side. Sure, you had a man's advantage for most of the game, but a solid side galvanised by a sending off, holding out for 90 minutes really isn't that surprising. It's as though you think you should be wiping away pathetic little teams like Leicester, every week, when reality the difference between your two squads isn't as big as you'd like and they seem far more motivated (this point may be the actual problem).

This,maybe some people think we are better than we are.

Agreed and hats off to Leicester, although 3 4 actions out of the many incidents stood out that disgusted me.

1. The way Nobby left our 3 defenders and midfield for dead to gather up the loose ball yet all started off from a similar distance (Nobby has years on them)

2. The way Caroll tried to protect his face using his arm (sensible considering the ball had not been played yet) I would have aimed for it; and for the record Andy your an ugly fecker and a ball to the face might well do you a favour.

3. The way Routledge left Caroll for dead, shows how slow his reactions are and that he can't read a ball for shit. Give the fecker to Leeds and let Beckford have a go.

4. Nicky Butt actually being in the starting 11.

Dad's down there at the moment and rang to say just how poor the team played, as for the anti ashley crap! If the team play in a negative manner then I would consider it normal for tha fans to act in a similar fasion, if this team wants support then ffs give us something to support.

Harper   7

Taylor   6

Williamson   7

Coloccini   7.5

Van Aanholt   7

Routledge   7

Smith   3

Nolan  3

Butt   3

Guthrie   4.5

Carroll   4

Pancrate   7

Ranger   6

Colo played better than Williamson?

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Every team plays badly once in a while and within a 46 game season every team is bound to have a 'bad patch' (in terms of form and results). Whether you 'play badly every week' (as some of you claim, I'd be inclined to disagree, you're underperforming with regards to what your team could do, but not actually playing badly (effectiveness =/= aesthetically pleasing football)), it's 'your time'. We haven't won in six, we've not been playing against good sides, we've been pretty shocking in general, but it was always going to happen at some point. Not worth cutting yourselves over.

:clap: :thup: good post

Not seeing the wood for the trees. That might be a fair point, but its ignoring the things that were in our control, like our approach to them going down to 10 men, the persistence with playing the same long ball tactic, waiting too long to play with 2 wingers, starting with Carroll and making the wrong subs.

If we'd played bad by at least accounting for one or two of those points, or having a reasonable excuse for them, then absolutely fair enough.

It was clearly a different Carroll then I guess who sored those two goals against West Brom I guess. Tell me ANY goal that any of the above scored that was as good as either of those goals. Including Reilly's match winner against Liverpool.

Yes that was horrible today and far too timid, but GET SOME PERSPECTIVE EVERYONE, FFS.

True, but every dog has its day.

Pancake scored a glorious goal once and has played LIKE a pancake since.

loving the knee-jerks in this thread, as usual :lol:

They're not even amusing anymore, man. Just embarrassing.

How is it kneejerk when it's the same tactics every single game and everyone but him can see it plainly does not work

Because he plays it safe, and it could be a lot lot worse seeing the state we were in before the season. Aye, it's frustrating to watch and I too wish we would go all out and rape other teams, but I'll not get worried before we start losing or slip down from the lead.

The only reason the lead is still there is because of a couple of lucky goals against Palace and WBA. If justice was so, we'd have lost to the latter and drawn with the former.

Harper   7

Taylor   6

Williamson   7

Coloccini   7.5

Van Aanholt   7

Routledge   7

Smith   3

Nolan  3

Butt   3

Guthrie   4.5

Carroll   4

Pancrate   7

Ranger   6

I actually agree with that TBH. Did you see Williamson's sliced clearance giving them a needless corner or him get absolutely speed raped by Fryatt?

Colo was very solid.

Harper   7

Taylor   6

Williamson   7

Coloccini   7.5

Van Aanholt   7

Routledge   7

Smith   3

Nolan  3

Butt   3

Guthrie   4.5

Carroll   4

Pancrate   7

Ranger   6

Love the fact i'm not the only one who thinks that yet you've highlighted my post, get a life.

Guest trig111

Think everyone is bored watching this team but think Houghton is doing a great job. Building from the back we are at last defensively sound. His buys are good as well Simpson, Williamson & Routledge look spot on. He was after Beckford before that Man U game as well so good eye for a player. Hopefully we get Moses

Dreadfull game, poor performance.

Harper - 8 - Again a rock at the back, made an important save too, made one dodgy mistake like, another clean sheet.

Taylor - 7 - Did well imo, one good bit of defending to force Waghorn to spurn a chance and whipped some decent balls in. Offers more than Simpson going forward, still suspect at the back though.

Williamson - 8 - Looked good. Was done off Fryatt in the first half for their best chance but other than that looked strong and assured.

Coloccini - 7 - Again did well, Lost his man a few times but was pretty solid

Van Aahnholt - 8 - Looked fairly good, went close in the first half, wasnt really tested in defence but looked good going forward.

Routledge - 7- Did ok, looked quick and nippy, we didnt play wide enough for him to have a great effect though

Butt - 5 - Same old same old, see what every poster has said in every match thread for the last 2 years.

Smith - 4 - Anonymous throughout, can barely even remember him touching the ball.

Guthrie - 6 - Poor, simply not a winger imo, nothing more to say on the matter.

Nolan - 4 - Again totally anonymous. Should have done better with his header.

Carroll - 5 - Another one that pretty much failed to turn up, Wayne Thomas had him in his pocket all game long.

Ranger - 6 - minimal impact really

Pancrate - 6 - Didnt have much time to do anything. seemed to work well with Taylor at times though.

Those ratings some it all up tbh, strong at the back, absolutely nowt going forward. Same old story, a total and lack of creativity. Leicester were the better side throughout, we failed to exploit their sending off. We were too narrow, 4-5-1 didnt help either, I would have liked to see Jonas and Routledge get at their full backs and put some balls into the box for Carroll. Our centre midfield is dreadful imo, Butt, Smith, Nolan whoever, they've all gone off the boil. Need to get Guthrie in there and Jonas out wide imo.

Dissapointing, but a point none the less. 4 clear at the top and 6 clear of WBA. That'l do for now but we're going to have to improve.

I actually agree with that TBH. Did you see Williamson's sliced clearance giving them a needless corner or him get absolutely speed raped by Fryatt?

Colo was very solid.

Yes, i also saw him absolutely boss the game at the back in general for us. He takes control far moreso than Colo, not that Colo had a bad game either.

Think everyone is bored watching this team but think Houghton is doing a great job. Building from the back we are at last defensively sound. His buys are good as well Simpson, Williamson & Routledge look spot on. He was after Beckford before that Man U game as well so good eye for a player. Hopefully we get Moses

Guest The_Scoreboard

pancrate improved the team when he came on - its the wasters in the team that can't pass a fucking simple ball that grips my shit. Its unbelievable how many times the ball was played into empty space no where near one of our players. Give them the benefit of the doubt that most had a bad game at the same time that Hughton couldnt pick a team to get a result - fucking bottler. I wish sometimes that we lined up like we do at home, pressurise, attack, go for the win.  :dave:

Harper   7

Taylor   6

Williamson   7

Coloccini   7.5

Van Aanholt   7

Routledge   7

Smith   3

Nolan  3

Butt   3

Guthrie   4.5

Carroll   4

Pancrate   7

Ranger   6

Love the fact i'm not the only one who thinks that yet you've highlighted my post, get a life.

Just easier with yours as i expect you to be biased. I dont remember Colo doing much of use atall really, didnt do anything wrong either obviously.

Colo was very solid.

Yes, i also saw him absolutely boss the game at the back in general for us. He takes control far moreso than Colo, not that Colo had a bad game either.

Let's see what you think of him by Christmas. My guess is that he'll be good for the bench in the long term and that's all.

Harper   7

Taylor   6

Williamson   7

Coloccini   7.5

Van Aanholt   7

Routledge   7

Smith   3

Nolan  3

Butt   3

Guthrie   4.5

Carroll   4

Pancrate   7

Ranger   6

Just easier with yours as i expect you to be biased. I dont remember Colo doing much of use atall really, didnt do anything wrong either obviously.

Maybe it was because he wasn't trying hollywood balls and didn't have the use of half decent full backs or defensive midfielders? How do you expect him to stand out?

Colo was very solid.

They were both good. Shame for most of the dross in front of them.

If Routledge had stayed on the right,I have no doubt Berner would have been sent off.

Harper 7 did all he needed too.

Taylor 6 did ok defnsively,the challenge on Waghorn was crucial

Williamson 7 tireds towards the end but very good all round game

Colocinni 7.5 extremely calm.reads the game so well

Van Aanholt 8 motm for me,very good at both ends of the pitch

Smith 6 ok header on target and solid enough!

Butt 6 not as bad as some might say.

Guthrie 5 very disappointing,lacks basic fitness,another who can't do 2 games in 3 days.

Routledge 7 lots of good things but needs to get his head up.

Nolan 5 anonymous,see Guthrie,no fitness

Carroll 6 battled well without really looking like scoring

Ranger 6.5 looked more menacing than Carroll but showed inexperience when getting offside when he scored

Pancrate 7 second good game in succession     

He's been one of our best players all season but you hate him and always will, we get it. Move on.

Didnt think id said anything about his performances for the rest of the season. Didnt see him do much today, he didnt really need to.

If Routledge had stayed on the right,I have no doubt Berner would have been sent off.

Harper 7 did all he needed too.

Taylor 6 did ok defnsively,the challenge on Waghorn was crucial

Williamson 7 tireds towards the end but very good all round game

Colocinni 7.5 extremely calm.reads the game so well

Van Aanholt 8 motm for me,very good at both ends of the pitch

Smith 6 ok header on target and solid enough!

Butt 6 not as bad as some might say.

Guthrie 5 very disappointing,lacks basic fitness,another who can't do 2 games in 3 days.

Routledge 7 lots of good things but needs to get his head up.

Nolan 5 anonymous,see Guthrie,no fitness

Carroll 6 battled well without really looking like scoring

Ranger 6.5 looked more menacing than Carroll but showed inexperience when getting offside when he scored

Pancrate 7 second good game in succession     

top post, but for me, Williamson was motm. He stopped a one on one situation with absolute class. Hope GG is gutted  :fishing: