Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Every team plays badly once in a while and within a 46 game season every team is bound to have a 'bad patch' (in terms of form and results). Whether you 'play badly every week' (as some of you claim, I'd be inclined to disagree, you're underperforming with regards to what your team could do, but not actually playing badly (effectiveness =/= aesthetically pleasing football)), it's 'your time'. We haven't won in six, we've not been playing against good sides, we've been pretty shocking in general, but it was always going to happen at some point. Not worth cutting yourselves over.

It's Routledge I feel sorry for. He was the only one that looked like doing anything, and yet he was ignored in favour of a tactic that's worked probably twice all season.

Tbf he was officially moved out to the left-wing when we were just getting on top - which is his favourite position, and the one where he was most likely to pull the strings from.

Right, i've had a fag now so I can be a bit more objective

Hopefully this is our blip for the season. We're playing s*** but we're still picking up points.

Our full strength team will be a world away from that shower of s**** but we need to start being more positive away from home.

Looking forward to seeing this team at some point:

...........................Harper

Simpson......Taylor......Colo.......Enrique

Routledge...Smith.......Guthrie...Jonas

.................Loven........Ameobi

If Nicky But was a racehorse he'd be getting served up with onions to drooling frenchmen right now. Useless c***!

That's all for now!

I've been so impressed with Williamson, I'd keep him at centre half with Coloccini and play Steven Taylor at RB tbh.

Utter excrement!  :angry:

Only Williamson can hold his held high after that!  They pissed all over us.  It took till their legs began to tire to allow us put anything that remotely resembled 'pressure'.  I can only assume/hope that the remaining players on the bench were carrying injuries which forced Chris' choices somewhat....either that or he's a feckin' numpty of the highest order. 

Every team plays badly once in a while and within a 46 game season every team is bound to have a 'bad patch' (in terms of form and results). Whether you 'play badly every week' (as some of you claim, I'd be inclined to disagree, you're underperforming with regards to what your team could do, but not actually playing badly (effectiveness =/= aesthetically pleasing football)), it's 'your time'. We haven't won in six, we've not been playing against good sides, we've been pretty shocking in general, but it was always going to happen at some point. Not worth cutting yourselves over.

:clap: :thup: good post

Have to say Williamson and Routledge did themselves proud again.

The new young lad at right back was alright also, pushed hard to get fowards & has a shot on him. Liked that.

Just a very unfortunate display from 3 other men.

Harper - 7 One bad piece of distribution otherwise dependable.

Taylor- 4 Weak in defence, incompetent in attack. We should never have signed him.

Williamson- 7 I'll reserve judgement because right now he's reminding me very much of Andy O Brien which means he'll be awful in the end.

Coloccini- 8 My MOTM.

Aanholt(sp)- 6 Has potential but needs a fair bit of work.

Routledge- 7 At least he wants the ball. Could be very good in a side that uses his strengths.

Butt- 3 Retire. Now.

Smith- 5 Poor as expected tbh.

Guthrie- 6 Played out of position as usual - feel for the lad tbh. Won't cut it in the Premiership.

Nolan- 3 Just brings nothing at all to the party.

Carroll- 5 Why so many fouls? Only good for defending set pieces today. He needs dropping.

Ranger- 5 Looked lively, showed his inexperience with the offside goal.

Pancrate- 6 Meh. We'll have forgetten about him by this time next year.

How is Carroll a professional footballer btw? Any other club would have sold him to Stevenage.

Yeah an english u21 forward who cleared all there corners its the midfield people should be blaming not carroll

The system is build around him and he continues to be shite. Does nowt but give away free-kicks.

Poor game and Hughton got what he came for, with his negative tactics - though Leicester were worth their point. Hughton shows fear in his team selections when we go away from home-  two players in the middle of the park who do the same job (Smith and Nolan) - no flair and pace and loads of long ball. :thdn: If he had been braver after they went down to 10men, we could and should have won the game. In the end he bottled it.

Thought the back 4 did well considering they all barely knew each other, Routledge looked our only decent attacking outlet and that's it. Rest were not even average.

Stop playing 4-5-1, IT DOES NOT WORK.

It's like he fears every side in this league.

The 4-5-1 wasn't necessarily the problem I don't think.

It was the fact that Guthrie wasn't central n this formation and because Carroll was so poor upfront.

If we play that way with Guthrie and Smith central, Ranger or Shola upfront and Jonas back out left  with Routledge right.

We would play great I feel.

Aye because up until a few weeks ago, we were storming games with our performances  :rolleyes:

We always look so much more dangerous when we just attack.

The reason we up our games at the end, is because the lads realise they need a goal and start supporting. You'll have atleast 6 of them running towards the area when we're coming fowards, doesnt happen for the rest of the game.

Harper 6 - Not much to do outside of the save from Fryatt.

Taylor 6 - Fairly good game I thought, solid defensively, offered more going forward towards the end.

Coloccini 6 - Solid. Quiet game.

Williamson 7 - Fryatt skinned him once but that was his only bad moment. Calm and in control for the rest.

Van Aanholt 8 - Was criticising him early, then he went and played fucking awesome for the rest of it. Man of the Match for us.

Routledge 6 - Love how fast he is, caused them problems late on. Will be key when we're more positive at home.

Smith 4 - Poor, meant to be our organiser. Did nothing apart from that chance.

Butt 4 - Very poor, shouldn't start.

Guthrie 5 - Worst game for us in a while, poor delivery, looked asleep half the time.

Nolan 5 - Carried for most of it. Keeper did enough to stop him burying that header.

Carroll 6 - Won everything, still poor in front of goal for me.

Subs

Ranger 7 - Needs to be given a chance, with Lovenkrands up top, made us look 10x better.

Pancrate 6 - People slag him off but he ran at people and looked dangerous and it was a good move by Hughton to bring him on.

We were poor for most of the first half, but had we been more clinical in front of goal we would have won it late. Fair play to them they probably deserved a point. We really need to sign moses and give Ranger a chance. Barton coming back may make a difference as well hopefully.

loving the knee-jerks in this thread, as usual :lol:

They're not even amusing anymore, man. Just embarrassing.

How is it kneejerk when it's the same tactics every single game and everyone but him can see it plainly does not work

Because he plays it safe, and it could be a lot lot worse seeing the state we were in before the season. Aye, it's frustrating to watch and I too wish we would go all out and rape other teams, but I'll not get worried before we start losing or slip down from the lead.

Harper - 6. Made some good saves and made one rick which he made up for.

R Taylor - 5. Garbage from a defensive perspective, saved only by that one incident where he shoved Waghorn wide. How many chances did he have to deliver a ball into the box late on? He had acres of space, constantly.

Williamson - 7. Solid.

Coloccini - 7. Solid.

Van Aanholt - 6. Struggled positionally all over the pitch, really badly. But i'd give him the benefit of the doubt cos he was thrown in at the deep end with no winger, no strikers and no capable centre-mids infront of him.

Routledge - 6. Huffed and puffed and probed but he couldn't get into the game. Looks promising though, definitely.

Nolan - 5. Who?

Smith - 5. He's about as ambitious and intelligent as a blade of grass.

Butt - 5. Mercy me.

Guthrie - 6. Dallied on the ball, wasted possession, and drifted entirely narrow for large segments of the game. He's not a right-winger, Chris, so how in God's name is he a left one?

Carroll - 5. The lad struggles to find a man when he's got someone up there with him. He's not nearly mobile or clever enough to lead the line against several big centre-backs.

Hughton - 0. Got literally everything wrong.

This performance further underlines our need for a quality strikercentral midfielder.

Fixed ;)

I disagree. Our biggest problems are up front and this is proven by the fact that a central midfielder has shown he is more adept at getting into positions and finishing moves than any of our forwards. We don't have a goalscorer up front who will make the difference in games like this one.

There is a problem with service, but good strikers link up play, get in good positions, turn half-chances into goals and now and again create their own chances. Carroll and Ranger didn't have it put on a plate but they saw plenty of the ball today. Can you honestly say they made the most of what came their way?

Guest firetotheworks

Not seeing the wood for the trees. That might be a fair point, but its ignoring the things that were in our control, like our approach to them going down to 10 men, the persistence with playing the same long ball tactic, waiting too long to play with 2 wingers, starting with Carroll and making the wrong subs.

If we'd played bad by at least accounting for one or two of those points, or having a reasonable excuse for them, then absolutely fair enough.

How is Carroll a professional footballer btw? Any other club would have sold him to Stevenage.

Yeah an english u21 forward who cleared all there corners its the midfield people should be blaming not carroll

Had he not been a local lad he'd have been peddled seasons ago. He's pretty much only played for the u21s because he's been playing for us as well.

Im sorry but if this team gets promoted then HUghton needs to go immediately, the guy clearly has not got a f***ing clue of how to select a team and motivate one to attack an opposition..60 f***ing minutes they had 10 men for and our shower of s*** didnt have the ability to break them down

PROS

Van Aanholt............you can tell he trains with class

Cons

R Taylor.........who ever told this pile of s*** that he is a footballer should be reported

Butt.........Just f*** off

Carrol....What a complete plank this lad is complete and utter s**** worse centre forward ive seen in 30 years that in cludes Whitehurst,Cunningham,Reilly,Pingel.Rob Mcdonald

Nolan.............Clogger

Guthrie.......This lad is just an awful awful excuse for a footballer no skill or vision in midfield treats the ball like its some kind of bomb primed to explode....just piss off

It was clearly a different Carroll then I guess who sored those two goals against West Brom I guess. Tell me ANY goal that any of the above scored that was as good as either of those goals. Including Reilly's match winner against Liverpool.

Yes that was horrible today and far too timid, but GET SOME PERSPECTIVE EVERYONE, FFS.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper-6

Taylor-6-Average, did OK

Coloccini-6.5- Pretty solid all in all

Williamson-8-Another good performance. Very solid, good in the air and read the game well.

Van Aanholt-7- Looked good

Routledge-6-Couldn't really get involved much- But he was in an unbalanced team

Smith-4- Didn't do much, just standing around

Butt-3- See Smith, standing around, making fouls. Gave the ball away a lot

Guthrie-4.5- Slow, awful out wide. Awful delivery from set pieces.

Nolan-5-Invisible.

Carroll-5- Bad game.

Subs-

Pancrate-6- Not as bad as people make him out. Made some decent runs, but that's about it.

Ranger- 6- Did alright when he was brought on

Still some positives to take from a bad display:

Williamson- He's had two very good games. He generally looks like a solid centre half.

Van Aanholt- Very good attacking display, looked good through out.

Routledge- Wanted the ball a lot and was let down by the players around him (Nolan, Butt, Guthrie, Smith), showed his pace.