Transfer Deadline Day Jan '10

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

Robbie Keane to Celtic on loan :lol:

Seriously??

Makes a mockery of owld saggy chops re-signing him from Liverpool, this time last year?

Quite happy with the window tbh.

Williamson - 3rd choice centre back, better than previous 3rd choice Kadar

Routledge - Right winger, better than square pegs such as Guthrie who shouldn't be on the wing.

Hall - 4th choice centre back. Better than Tozer.

van Aanholt - An able deputy for Enrique, will be gone in a month probably and Kadar will become back up left back.

Best - No idea how good he is, probably better than Carroll if he can stand up without giving away a foul.

Simpson - Permanent, can't complain.

Harper/Krul

Simpson/R Taylor

Enrique(Paddy Van)/Kadar

Taylor/Williamson

Colo/Hall

Routledge/Guthrie

Nolan/Barton

Smith/Butt

Jonas/Pancrate

Shola/Carroll

Lovenkrands/Best/Ranger

Should get us up, really.

if hes gone to Celtic, why the funk wernt we in for him?

SPL is bigger than the Championship.

is it? will we be in the championship next season?

SPL has 2 big clubs thats it.

Championship only has one big club in it. :smug:

is it? will we be in the championship next season?

SPL has 2 big clubs thats it.

Championship only has one big club in it. :smug:

:lol:

Superb window for us. Lost just Geremi who I had forgotten even played for us, and we've got some good cover in for almost all our weak spots.

Apart from we've not improved any of them other than right wing. Wouldn't be surprised if we look back on this window costing us promotion.

Williamson not an improvement for you, seeing as the only cover we had there was Kadar?

He's not an improvement on what we started January with. I recognise we needed cover but would this be such a good window if Taylor and Enrique were still fit - cos we wouldn't have him or van Halen otherwise.

Suppose in hindsight the window was better than expected, we should at least have a slither of pace in our squad. Slightly dissapointed with the failure to get a more promising striker but meh, this squad should still have enough quality to take us up and thats all that matters  :snod:

Guest johnson293

Superb window for us. Lost just Geremi who I had forgotten even played for us, and we've got some good cover in for almost all our weak spots.

Apart from we've not improved any of them other than right wing. Wouldn't be surprised if we look back on this window costing us promotion.

In all honesty, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if Ashley had't sanctioned any signings, stating that the squad was clearly good enough to maintain its position, given we've been there all season.

However, once we got the injuries to Taylor, then Enrique, he didn't really have a choice.

And I've been surprised that we brought in as many as we did, even though two of them are only on loan.

So I'm quite happy with this window, as at least the squad has better added cover now, and arguably, strength, so don't see how this can harm the promotion push.

In terms of what? Certainly not in terms of wages or quality. Rob Jones left Scotland for Scunthorpe because of the money, and has said that the game is much harder down here!

In terms of what? Certainly not in terms of wages or quality. Rob Jones left Scotland for Scunthorpe because of the money, and has said that the game is much harder down here!

In terms of Rangers and Celtic being massive clubs with a massive fan base and frequent Champions League football.

Robbie Keane to Celtic on loan :lol:

Seriously??

Makes a mockery of owld saggy chops re-signing him from Liverpool, this time last year?

Keane and  :harry: fell out a few months back after Keane organised a piss up in Ireland. That's why he hasn't been play as far as I know.

Simpson 6/10 - Good right back. Best we could have hoped for and could do a job in the Prem.

Williamson 7/10 - good third choice cb. Was good at Watford and has looked decent in his 2 games to date.

Routledge 7/10 - adds some creativity to that side of the pitch. Pacey player who will compliment Jonas and put pressure on teams.

Hall 4/10 - adds to the numbers, bit is pretty shit really. Would hope Kadar gets a chance ahead of him. Pretty pointless really, but I suppose is there should we have a major crisis with our main 3 cb's out.

Van Arnvelt(sp?) 6/10 - good cover for Enrique. We needed this and he was available. Nothing to get excited about. Was vital we got someone in.

Best 3/10 - getting a striker was a priority. We looked at some decent players, then in desperation went for a backup targetman to our already poor strikeforce. Even worse, he's on a long contract. Very poor signing in my opinion.

Guest sicko2ndbest

looks like Hughton reckons the midfield is top class and doesn't need bolstering,so we go for alleged strikers,yeah that'll be right

more like fully staffed