This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation.  Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club?  I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with and surely even you can agree with that.

every club could say they shouldn't be where they are...hartlepool had they backed clough a little, huddersfield had they bought st john and someone else who's name i can't remember like shankley wanted.

all clubs are where they deserve to be.

Every club?, no.  A lot of them?, yes.  Does the fact that a lot of clubs could say they shouldn't be where they are disclude us from being able to say it?, no.

You agree that Ashley shouldn't have f***ed up in so many ways yes?  You agree that if he hadn't f***ed up we wouldn't have been relegated yes?  So you then agree we shouldn't be where we are..  No sure why this is even a discussion.  Again nobody said the club didn't deserve to be relegated, someone just said we shouldn't have been.  In simple terms he's saying that its taken massive mistakes to put the club in the position its in now and he's no happy with that, it should amaze me that its still being disagreed with but for some reason I'm not suprised.

Hallelujah. Teasy has restored my faith in humanity.

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation.  Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club?  I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with and surely even you can agree with that.

every club could say they shouldn't be where they are...hartlepool had they backed clough a little, huddersfield had they bought st john and someone else who's name i can't remember like shankley wanted.

Every club?, no.  A lot of them?, yes.  Does the fact that a lot of clubs could say they shouldn't be where they are disclude us from being able to say it?, no.

You agree that Ashley shouldn't have f***ed up in so many ways yes?  You agree that if he hadn't f***ed up we wouldn't have been relegated yes?  So you then agree we shouldn't be where we are..  No sure why this is even a discussion.  Again nobody said the club didn't deserve to be relegated, someone just said we shouldn't have been.  In simple terms he's saying that its taken massive mistakes to put the club in the position its in now and he's no happy with that, it should amaze me that its still being disagreed with but for some reason I'm not suprised.

ashley shouldn't have f***ed up in so many ways ? but he did

if he hadn't f***ed up we wouldn't have been relegated ? open to debate but for the sake of argument i'll go along with you.

are you saying if we hadn't done what we actually done we wouldn't be where we are...isn't that like saying if we'd stuck with ardiles and not bothered with keegan we wouldn't be where we deserved to be. from the playing staff to the boardroom staff you end up where you are because of what is, not what you think should be.

every club says "if" and thats all your idea is.

:thup: A year before Ashley bought the club we deserved to finish 7th, and 2 months before we deserved to be playing in Europe.

:thup: A year before Ashley bought the club we deserved to finish 7th, and 2 months before we deserved to be playing in Europe.

what was the league position when ashley took over ?

'We shouldn't be in this league' is an ambiguous statement, so you can't be categorical about it being false. I meant that I'm alarmed at how much damage was done in the space of 6 years. Even I could have kept Newcastle up.

From The Coventry Evening Telegraph, Tuesday:

Coventry City sold Leon Best to Newcastle United for a fee close to £2m, the Telegraph can reveal.

The Magpies came in with a late offer for the centre -forward on Sunday night, which was accepted and the player was then given permission to speak to the club.

He travelled to the North East yesterday morning where he agreed personal terms and passed a routine medical before putting pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

City fans will no doubt be pleased with the fee for Best which appears a decent return for a player who cost the club just over £1 million from Southampton, and for whom they were confident of getting somewhere in the region of £2 million if they had kept him and taken it to a tribunal in the summer.

Coleman insisted at the weekend that the club would not let him go for peanuts, saying: “If anyone thinks that because Besty is out of contract that they can come in with a crazy bid and we will accept, it’s not going to happen.

"We will keep him and go to a tribunal in the summer when we will get a good fee because we paid a good fee for him – we won’t be forced to sell.”

From The Coventry Evening Telegraph, Tuesday:

Coventry City sold Leon Best to Newcastle United for a fee close to £2m, the Telegraph can reveal.

The Magpies came in with a late offer for the centre -forward on Sunday night, which was accepted and the player was then given permission to speak to the club.

He travelled to the North East yesterday morning where he agreed personal terms and passed a routine medical before putting pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

City fans will no doubt be pleased with the fee for Best which appears a decent return for a player who cost the club just over £1 million from Southampton, and for whom they were confident of getting somewhere in the region of £2 million if they had kept him and taken it to a tribunal in the summer.

Coleman insisted at the weekend that the club would not let him go for peanuts, saying: “If anyone thinks that because Besty is out of contract that they can come in with a crazy bid and we will accept, it’s not going to happen.

"We will keep him and go to a tribunal in the summer when we will get a good fee because we paid a good fee for him – we won’t be forced to sell.”

The word on the street here in Coventry,is that the fee is 750,000£ rising to 1.5 mill if promoted.

Turned down Forest seemingly.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5919185,00.html

Leon Best has revealed he turned down a move to hometown club Nottingham Forest in order to sign for Newcastle United.

The 23-year-old striker looks set to make his Magpies debut against Cardiff on Friday night after securing a deadline day move from Coventry.

Best was courted by several clubs after netting 10 goals for the Sky Blues during the first half of the season but insists he was only ever interested in a move to St James' Park.

He said: "This move happened at the right time for me. It was the easiest decision I've had to make in my career.

"I weighed up my options as there was interest from Nottingham Forest but I'm not sure it's always the best thing to do to go back to your home town.

"There were lots of teams interested, but Newcastle were the only ones willing to put the money in and as soon as I heard that I was on the motorway."

The Republic of Ireland international burst onto the scene as an 18-year-old at Southampton and feels the time is now right for him to shrug off his tag of talented youngster.

"I've been talked about as a player with potential ever since I made my debut at Southampton, but you can't be a player of potential your whole career," he added.

"There has got to be a stage where you move on to the next level and I feel I have got the perfect platform to do that with Newcastle."

Hughton gets shirty

Best has been handed the No.20 shirt at Newcastle despite the famous No.9 jersey currently without an owner.

Manager Chris Hughton is adamant he will only bestow that honour if either Best, or one of his strike partners, earns the right to wear it.

Hughton said: "It's one of the most iconic shirts around and it's something I've done deliberately.

"What we have is a lot of strikers here and I'm quite sure every one of them would have wanted to wear the No.9.

"When I came to the club I was made aware of what the No.9 meant to this place and it's a combination of a few things.

"For some, I think it can be a heavy number to carry, a burden if you like, and wearing it is an achievement which I want somebody to grow into. I want somebody to earn the right to be Newcastle's No.9."

Best understands that decision and has vowed to do all he can to secure that shirt in the future.

He said: "They showed me the numbers that were available when I signed and I took the 20. The No.9 shirt has to be earned here, it isn't like the No.9 shirt at other clubs.

"You can't just walk in and take it."

re-martins 10 million on a striker? I would be expecting him to get the number 9 shirt like.

It's nowt to do with the price tag though, Martins was never a 'No.9' striker - more like 10.

re-martins 10 million on a striker? I would be expecting him to get the number 9 shirt like.

It's nowt to do with the price tag though, Martins was never a 'No.9' striker - more like 10.

re our last No 10. £17 million for a striker. I would expect him to try