This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

yes i supose routledge adds balance to the right but is he, williamson and best players you could rely on next year?? this season yes and thats why im suprised at their fairly long contracts.

3.5 isn't that long to be honest. Basically, if it's 1.5, the player can basically leave on a free next season, or his value would seriously drop. 2.5 is obviously an option, but even then it's a little short. Say the guy has 1 good season in the Prem, he'd have 1 year left on his contract and our position would be compromised as far as contract negotiations stand.

Ah well, another body in I guess.

He'll fit in well with our long ball style as well, which is a plus.

Most frustrating part of this signing, for me. We have plenty of big, target men types in the squad, no need whatsoever for another one. Lovenkrands isn't actually that good, but he's absolutely crucial to us if we're going to even attempt to play anything other than route 1, bullshit, Sam Allardyce football.

We're crying out for someone who can play off the CF, a player who can pick up the ball in front of the defense and go at the defenders, someone who'll give them something different to worry about with their pace.

Moses would have been great, but he's not the only player in the country who could have filled that need. Instead we go out and get this guy. It's depressing.

Most frustrating part of this signing, for me. We have plenty of big, target men types in the squad, no need whatsoever for another one. Lovenkrands isn't actually that good, but he's absolutely crucial to us if we're going to even attempt to play anything other than route 1, bullshit, Sam Allardyce football.

We're crying out for someone who can play off the CF, a player who can pick up the ball in front of the defense and go at the defenders, someone who'll give them something different to worry about with their pace.

Moses would have been great, but he's not the only player in the country who could have filled that need. Instead we go out and get this guy. It's depressing.

I can only assume that although we have plenty of big target men, Hughton doesn't actually rate them that highly at doing that job. Ameobi and Carroll are big, but neither of them really hold the ball up well. Probably the best in this regard is Ranger, but he's not fantastic in the air and is still very inexperienced. But yeah, I wish we had got in a Moses or Beckford rather than go the target man route.

If we get promotion though, there's nothing to stop us from having another go for Beckford.

yes i supose routledge adds balance to the right but is he, williamson and best players you could rely on next year?? this season yes and thats why im suprised at their fairly long contracts.

Cry me a river! if we hadnt of signed them people would have bitched, if we had signed someone else people would have bitched. It will come down to bitching that we signed players on a monday rather than a tuesday next.

We had a decent window, all of the signings look calculated and shrewd business, if not pack with big names and awe inspiring.

I can only assume that although we have plenty of big target men, Hughton doesn't actually rate them that highly at doing that job. Ameobi and Carroll are big, but neither of them really hold the ball up well. Probably the best in this regard is Ranger, but he's not fantastic in the air and is still very inexperienced. But yeah, I wish we had got in a Moses or Beckford rather than go the target man route.

If we get promotion though, there's nothing to stop us from having another go for Beckford.

More likely he'd rather stick two targetmen up front and launch balls at them all day, IMO.

I've just checked YouTube. It seems Leon Best is one of the best strikers in the world, so I'm happy. I've also noticed this Luque fellah, seems pretty solid.

In all seriousness though, I think he is significantly more rounded a player than many of you seem to think, I don't think he's just a straightforward target man. Shearer-esque, one could say...

will Best get in the side when everyone is fit? for me he looks like a third-choice striker behind shola and loven, so an improvement to the squad rather than first-team.

Considering Shola's fitness record Best will be playing quite a few games then.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100201/deadline-day-deal-united-bag-best_2240137_1951679

Best has already netted nine Championship goals from 15 outings for The Sky Blues this season and was part of the side beaten 2-0 by United at the Ricoh Arena in December.

Confused by this. Wiki has him with 15 games. Soccernet says hes played 26 games in the championship & started 24 & lists all of them. Tell me they havent signed him based on his wikipedia entry.

He isn't good enough.  I'd have thought we would have Xisco back before someone like Leon Best.  :lol: The only thing I hope is that he gets better, he is quite young and he appears to have had some good games this year in a shite Coventry side.  I'm just praying he has bags of pace and good movement as we could do with it in the side.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100201/deadline-day-deal-united-bag-best_2240137_1951679

Best has already netted nine Championship goals from 15 outings for The Sky Blues this season and was part of the side beaten 2-0 by United at the Ricoh Arena in December.

Confused by this. Wiki has him with 15 games. Soccernet says hes played 26 games in the championship & started 24 & lists all of them. Tell me they havent signed him based on his wikipedia entry.

:lol: 27 games from what i can tell

:lol: 27 games from what i can tell

Not scored a league goal since November, 2 since October. :hmm: