This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

It was quite funny listening to Ray Houghton absolutely slate Leon Best at every available opportunity,

Thought Best did pretty well for a guy who'd obviously never been involved in a game of football before.

Ah yes now I remember this guy. :lol:

It was quite funny listening to Ray Houghton absolutely slate Leon Best at every available opportunity,

Thought Best did pretty well for a guy who'd obviously never been involved in a game of football before.

Christ! I remember this now. Jesus Christ.

Looking forward to seeing this guy for myself tbh. No good bashing the guy before he's even pulled on a Toon shirt.

At the end of the day as long as he's got a bit of pace he'll be another option if Loven is out - at the moment he is our only forward with pace and, you never know, he might just step up to the plate if he's got the opportunity. We'll see I suppose. Better than nee fucker at all.

From what I've read he's pretty immobile. I think people just assume he has pace because he's a black guy.

The key question is whether or not he's any better than Harewood, because that's who we'd have gone back to.

Good point, also he's got age on his side.

He didn't get the number 9 shirt, and the 3.5 year contract is just for Ashley to protect his investment and secure a resale value. I'm confident we'll be in for a quality premier league striker in the summer if we go up. Lets give the lad a fair chance - plenty of time to get on his back if he doesn't cut it.

He didn't get the number 9 shirt, and the 3.5 year contract is just for Ashley to protect his investment and secure a resale value. I'm confident we'll be in for a quality premier league striker in the summer if we go up. Lets give the lad a fair chance - plenty of time to get on his back if he doesn't cut it.

I think the opposite. I think all these players were are signing now are being signed now rather than later and in the summer we will sign no fucker.

I'm willing to give him a chance and be optimistic.

It is strange, though, that he was clearly not our first choice but got such a long contract. Surely we'll be in for another striker come the summer.

He'll have been in mind from day one without a doubt, and was clearly the back-up option in case Beckford & Moses failed. Good to see the club actually have an insurance policy for once in that respect.

:lol:

Seriously, fans are going to hate this guy.

He's probably quicker than Ameobi and Carroll, but being fast is no use if you don't have a clue how to use that speed. What we desperately need is a guy who is quick, but who also is comfortable on the ball and has some sort of intelligence to his play.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't know much about him but I'll be willing to give him a chance- He's fairly young and sounds like a decent player.

He has my full support, hope he does really well for us. Another young english player in the squad. Hungry to succeed, but not in the Viduka sense :D

Gan on Leon!

He's Irish, yeah?

No, but he does have a number of caps for them nonetheless.