This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

He has my full support, hope he does really well for us. Another young english player in the squad. Hungry to succeed, but not in the Viduka sense :D

Gan on Leon!

He's Irish, yeah?

Born in Nottingham, England, obviously with Irish heritage to play for them so technically he is English-Irish or Irish-English, or whatever.

I'm willing to give him a chance and be optimistic.

It is strange, though, that he was clearly not our first choice but got such a long contract. Surely we'll be in for another striker come the summer.

He'll have been in mind from day one without a doubt, and was clearly the back-up option in case Beckford & Moses failed. Good to see the club actually have an insurance policy for once in that respect.

certainly hope so. Tbh I reckon Moses was more an opportunistic target as a result of Palace going into admin rather than being a target whom we'd scouted for any length of time.

The last striker we bought from Coventry had a poor scoring record and wasnt met with much enthusiasm.

Lets hope this one turns out to be equally a surprise hit.

He didn't get the number 9 shirt, and the 3.5 year contract is just for Ashley to protect his investment and secure a resale value. I'm confident we'll be in for a quality premier league striker in the summer if we go up. Lets give the lad a fair chance - plenty of time to get on his back if he doesn't cut it.

I think the opposite. I think all these players were are signing now are being signed now rather than later and in the summer we will sign no f***er.

Might not be far off here. I wonder if these are being signed in the event of us not going up, and some (if not all) of the bigger earners being sold on in the summer?

The last striker we bought from Coventry had a poor scoring record and wasnt met with much enthusiasm.

Lets hope this one turns out to be equally a surprise hit.

Bellas had scored 32 in 84 for Norwich  :undecided:

Had pretty much flopped at Coventry though.

H

The lad is going to get shit if he doesn't score in the first 2 games :( (well being honest it will probably be the first 45 minutes he plays but I am trying to be optimistic).

He'll get dogs abuse on here but I would guess the match crowd will give him a bit more time to impress.

So this fuker was out of contract as well? Seems that's all we'll go for, players with contract issues.

At least they are cheap and young, something the squad has needed for some time, though i don't think much of him as a player; hope to be proven wrong.

So this fuker was out of contract as well? Seems that's all we'll go for, players with contract issues.

At least they are cheap and young, something the squad has needed for some time, though i don't think much of him as a player; hope to be proven wrong.

Excellent avatar.

I'm willing to give him a chance and be optimistic.

It is strange, though, that he was clearly not our first choice but got such a long contract. Surely we'll be in for another striker come the summer.

He'll have been in mind from day one without a doubt, and was clearly the back-up option in case Beckford & Moses failed. Good to see the club actually have an insurance policy for once in that respect.

certainly hope so. Tbh I reckon Moses was more an opportunistic target as a result of Palace going into admin rather than being a target whom we'd scouted for any length of time.

I think the Williamson deal is further proof. Think it was clear from the start that Kilgallon was first-choice, but we still managed to get our second-choice. How many times down the years have we missed out on somebody and been left with feck all?

3.5 years means little more than we will be able to get a decent fee for him if he doesn't settle.

I bet we paid less than we end up selling him for.

Or if we do go down next season, we still have decent Championship players on not too big a wage who can help get us back up.

Seen him score a few crackers.

Don't know much about him apart from that but he can't be THAT bad since your nearest challengers Forest spent about 18months chasing him and a few other good Championship sides were linked.

Seen him score a few crackers.

Don't know much about him apart from that but he can't be THAT bad since your nearest challengers Forest spent about 18months chasing him and a few other good Championship sides were linked.

Forest were nearly relegated when they were after him though.

Jan started off so promising linked with Boyd (record SPL goalscorer), went for Beckford (League Div 1 top scorer).....then we moved onto Moses one of the most promising players in CCC BUT we ended up with a player who sometime sat on the bench while Clint and Eastwood played.

He is a powerful runner & has scored some crackers this season, I also remember him scoring a decent goal or 2 for Yeovil.

League 1 top scorer isn't all that though really is it.

I won't lie I got excited about Beckford for some reason but he is massively overrated on this forum :lol:

Scoring in League One > not scoring in the Championship

League 1 top scorer isn't all that though really is it.

I won't lie I got excited about Beckford for some reason but he is massively overrated on this forum :lol:

Scoring in League One > not scoring in the Championship

Didn't Beckford fail to score/score a very low amount when he had a crack in the championship?