This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

On a stupid scale that I just made up :lol: :

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

damn you. making up the rules as you go along to suit your argument.

How? It's just a crappy way of describing how I think the drop off in quality looks.

I'd bloody well hope we're more than .2 on the Dave Scale better than Darlo.

I think that's much closer to it tbh. Not much difference in the bottom two leagues, big jump from League One to Championship, massive leap from Championship to Premier League.

Either way it still backs up my belief that someone being decent in League One has a better chance of making it in the Championship than someone decent in the Championship has of making it in the Premier League.

I blame Jon for this anyway. Fucking Shola man, he's shit!

I'd have rather taken Beckford (scoring freely as he has for the last few years albeit at a lower level) than Best (not scoring freely anywhere).

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

damn you. making up the rules as you go along to suit your argument.

How? It's just a crappy way of describing how I think the drop off in quality looks.

aye just to fit your beckford argument....for what it's worth, the way i see it is that the gap between the bottom of the prem and top of the championship is smaller than the gap between the top and bottom of the championship and that pattern runs throughout the leagues.

I think that's much closer to it tbh. Not much difference in the bottom two leagues, big jump from League One to Championship, massive leap from Championship to Premier League.

Either way it still backs up my belief that someone being decent in League One has a better chance of making it in the Championship than someone decent in the Championship making it in the Premier League.

I blame Jon for this anyway. Fucking Shola man, he's shit!

But those who were banging them away in league one last season have scored a similar amount to Best this year.

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

IMO.

0.4?! Fuck off :lol:

Yeah I think I've been a bit generous there. :lol:

TT's is probably about right on reflection.

Gary Hooper has scored the same amount of league goals this season as Best, but has looked more impressive doing so. People are obsessed with stats on here rather than watching players. I know you lot aren't used to lower league football, but surely some of you have taken your heads out of the sand and started watching a few matches? ;)

Gary Hooper has scored the same amount of league goals this season as Best, but has looked more impressive doing so. People are obsessed with stats on here rather than watching players. I know you lot aren't used to lower league football, but surely some of you have taken your heads out of the sand and started watching a few matches? ;)

agree 100% about the use of stats as opposed to performances.

I simply hope he's better than his goalscoring record suggests. :)

I have over 30,000 posts compared to Shearergol's pathetic 7,500 so my opinion is better.

I simply hope he's better than his goalscoring record suggests. :)

Well no, I wouldn't say he is :D

Should have signed Hooper IMO.

I have over 30,000 posts compared to Shearergol's pathetic 7,500 so my opinion is better.

Loser.

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

IMO.

0.4?! Fuck off :lol:

I was attempting to randomly take the piss at the arbitrary nature of it.  :(

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

IMO.

0.4?! f*** off :lol:

I was attempting to randomly take the piss at the arbitrary nature of it.  :(

as i was when i damned him.

Dave wins :(

how about if we both disagree with him...i have 27000 posts to add in.

He still wins doesn't he? :lol:

Anyway I am just always excited about new players, even if we signed Gary McShit from non-league who plays as a striker but has a similar scoring record to Alan Smith in the last 3 years I would be excited :(

Spot on Sheargol!!! It is not just message board users but a lot of Football League clubs seem to ignore whats down there or in the non-leagues. Peterbrough best players were all picked up from non-league clubs & they helped them get two promotions off the trot. This season Charlie Austin at Swindon & Lee Novak at Huddersfield have had really good debut season in the pro-game.

Anyway I am just always excited about new players, even if we signed Gary McShit from non-league who plays as a striker but has a similar scoring record to Alan Smith in the last 3 years I would be excited :(

Gary McShit. That would be fucking ace. :lol:

Agree btw, I'm still looking forward to seeing what Best can do, fuck it. :indi:

Gary McShit. That would be fucking ace. :lol:

Agree btw, I'm still looking forward to seeing what Best can do, fuck it. :indi:

If he was that shit,and he isn't,Trappatoni wouldn't keep selecting him in the Ireland squad.He'll be a good buy.