This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

can't really compare beckford and best. beckford plays a in a leeds team top of their league with a good midfield creating plenty of chances. nufc and coventry don't. dont think beckford would have nealry as many goals this season with us or coventry. whereas Best in that leeds time would have a lot more. its not just about the striker - its about the service.

All other sources say 9 including my source of counting them myself.

Football League stats V American TV company owned by Disney

I know who I am going with & his coventry profile has him down as 9 league goals as well http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10269~30174,00.html

FAO Followers Of Ronaldo: LOOK HIS STATS ARE WRONG!!!! Quick start a thread, quote him in your sigs!!!!  :facepalm:

I've got more faith in Hughton scouting the right players than i have in him being able to bring out the best in them.

Actually, I've not got that much faith in him choosing the right players either !

Roeder chose some decent ones, but dithering made his choices academic

Allardyce was crap. In everything. Souness was better

Keegan WAS good at spotting talent 75% of the time.

Likewise Bobby. Hughton is severely limited, as such he isnt doing badly at all, TBH

If this is true, can`t complain too much.....2.5m seemed a tad too much for someone out of contract in a couple months. I`m sure it`s recoupable if he turns out rubbish even

---

United brought their business to a close by signing Coventry City’s pacey forward Leon Best yesterday for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £500,000

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/02/02/best-is-yet-to-come-from-signings-61634-25740283/

If this is true, can`t complain too much.....2.5m seemed a tad too much for someone out of contract in a couple months. I`m sure it`s recoupable if he turns out rubbish even

---

United brought their business to a close by signing Coventry City’s pacey forward Leon Best yesterday for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £500,000

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/02/02/best-is-yet-to-come-from-signings-61634-25740283/

Leon Best fee was nearly £2m

Feb 2 2010

Add a comment

Recommend

COVENTRY City sold Leon Best to Newcastle United for a fee close to £2m, the Telegraph can reveal.

The Magpies came in with a late offer for the centre-forward on Sunday night, which was accepted and the player was then given permission to speak to the club.

See Leon Best's Coventry City career in pictures....

He travelled to the North East yesterday morning where he agreed personal terms and passed a routine medical before putting pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

City fans will no doubt be pleased with the fee for Best which appears a decent return for a player who cost the club just over £1 million from Southampton, and for whom they were confident of getting somewhere in the region of £2 million if they had kept him and taken it to a tribunal in the summer.

Coleman insisted at the weekend that the club would not let him go for peanuts, saying: “If anyone thinks that because Besty is out of contract that they can come in with a crazy bid and we will accept, it’s not going to happen.

"We will keep him and go to a tribunal in the summer when we will get a good fee because we paid a good fee for him – we won’t be forced to sell.”

Actually, from what I have heard, the fee was only 650K. I heard this from a source at Coventry City itself. Dont ask me who because I cannot say.

As for what Hughton has achieved in this window, it is clear that he had to work within a very limited budget and the calibre of player he has signed for the amount available to him is outstanding.

We all know these signings have been basically purchased to help get promotion and to have 5 or 6 hungry players eager to get out there can only spare on a current threadbare and tired squad.

I think he has done extremely well, considering the restraints that were put on him and it is noticeable that neither WBA or Forest really added much to their squads during the window. This could turn out to be an advantage to mus later in the season.

Actually, from what I have heard, the fee was only 650K. I heard this from a source at Coventry City itself. Dont ask me who because I cannot say.

As for what Hughton has achieved in this window, it is clear that he had to work within a very limited budget and the calibre of player he has signed for the amount available to him is outstanding.

We all know these signings have been basically purchased to help get promotion and to have 5 or 6 hungry players eager to get out there can only spare on a current threadbare and tired squad.

I think he has done extremely well, considering the restraints that were put on him and it is noticeable that neither WBA or Forest really added much to their squads during the window. This could turn out to be an advantage to mus later in the season.

Surprised at that, i expected some decent cash going on securing their promotion push. I'm not even sure who they've brought in, i'll just take your word for it that it wasn't anything decent.