This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Toons Taylor

From what I gather, WBA signed a lad from Holland called Andwele Slory whilst Forest failed to sign anyone. Pwerhaps they were both hoping to spend their budgets on Moses.

Forest dont seem to have a very big squad and if they pick up a few injuries, they could drop off the pace whilst WBA seem to have a healthy list of players available.

GeordieDean

Yes, I agree they score goals for fun but as long as we keep winning one or two nil, I dont really care. Our defence has only conceeded something like 16 goals in 27 games and Hughton,s philosophy seems to be a tight defence first and foremost.

Makes you think about the old Arsenal days under George Graham, not that I am making comparisons between the teams but more so the results.

If this is true, can`t complain too much.....2.5m seemed a tad too much for someone out of contract in a couple months. I`m sure it`s recoupable if he turns out rubbish even

---

United brought their business to a close by signing Coventry City’s pacey forward Leon Best yesterday for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £500,000

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/02/02/best-is-yet-to-come-from-signings-61634-25740283/

Leon Best fee was nearly £2m

Feb 2 2010

Add a comment

Recommend

COVENTRY City sold Leon Best to Newcastle United for a fee close to £2m, the Telegraph can reveal.

The Magpies came in with a late offer for the centre-forward on Sunday night, which was accepted and the player was then given permission to speak to the club.

See Leon Best's Coventry City career in pictures....

He travelled to the North East yesterday morning where he agreed personal terms and passed a routine medical before putting pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

City fans will no doubt be pleased with the fee for Best which appears a decent return for a player who cost the club just over £1 million from Southampton, and for whom they were confident of getting somewhere in the region of £2 million if they had kept him and taken it to a tribunal in the summer.

Coleman insisted at the weekend that the club would not let him go for peanuts, saying: “If anyone thinks that because Besty is out of contract that they can come in with a crazy bid and we will accept, it’s not going to happen.

"We will keep him and go to a tribunal in the summer when we will get a good fee because we paid a good fee for him – we won’t be forced to sell.”

how would it have gone to a tribunal in the summer had he went anywhere then.

I'm happier we have got him as opposed to a has been on loan. The club is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Realistically once Beckford was priced out due to his new found FA Cup fame, someone like Best was the most we could realistically hope for. A lot of people slagging the signing but who would have been a sensible alternative?

Guest icemanblue

I'm happier we have got him as opposed to a has been on loan. The club is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Realistically once Beckford was priced out due to his new found FA Cup fame, someone like Best was the most we could realistically hope for. A lot of people slagging the signing but who would have been a sensible alternative?

Mate, we've signed 6 players in key positons. Not a single player, of any reasonable worth, has left. It's been the perfect transfer window for us. There shouldn't be any reason to be unhappy.

People complain for the sake of it. I think it's summed up best by saying,  'haters gonna hate'.

Mate, we've signed 6 players in key positons. Not a single player, of any reasonable worth, has left. It's been the perfect transfer window for us. There shouldn't be any reason to be unhappy.

People complain for the sake of it. I think it's summed up best by saying,  'haters gonna hate'.

totally.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/Thatairsoftkid/HatersGonnaHate.jpg

I spoke to a professional footballer this morning who claims that Best was 2nd choice yesterday, and the fee is only around £200,000 + extras if and when we get promoted.

Not sure how that footballer would know that, other than knowing who the 1st choice actually was. Not 100% sure I believe them anyway, so perhaps just best to ignore my post :D

I spoke to a professional footballer this morning who claims that Best was 2nd choice yesterday, and the fee is only around £200,000 + extras if and when we get promoted.

Not sure how that footballer would know that, other than knowing who the 1st choice actually was. Not 100% sure I believe them anyway, so perhaps just best to ignore my post :D

Wouldn't surprise me on either counts tbh.

Hopefully we signed him for peanuts so we can just get rid in the summer, if that is, we still manage to go up without a goalscorer.

What if he scores 20 goals? you sound so negative.

Yeah, and what if Carroll scores 20 goals? Not going to happen. Best has had one purple patch in his career. I would like to see him be a success, but its not going to happen. Not as good as what we have, when really we needed someone better than what we have up top.