This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that he is getting slagged when he's not even starting games at the moment. Don't get me wrong he may be a waste of money, and at the time I was dubious about the signing - but it's not his fault the other strikers are scoring and keeping him out of the team. In fact signing him might have a lot to do with it, as Carroll has certainly stepped up a gear. Lay off and wait until he gets a run of games before writing him off.

The worry with Best is he doesn't even look like scoring. I can handle strikers who have a barren run but are getting in the right positions and creating things.

Said it at the time and maintain it now - a complete bag of muck.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Look back at the Carroll and Ranger threads and the same cliche was being bandied about them also.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,67418.msg2181292.html#msg2181292

I was also said his movement was dreadful after his debut in early Feb.

Lovenkrands apart, none of them have great movement but at least with Carroll and Ranger they have inexperience as an excuse and are improving.

Best should be pretty much the finished product that just needs to adapt to his new team mates and new surroundings.

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that he is getting slagged when he's not even starting games at the moment. Don't get me wrong he may be a waste of money, and at the time I was dubious about the signing - but it's not his fault the other strikers are scoring and keeping him out of the team. In fact signing him might have a lot to do with it, as Carroll has certainly stepped up a gear. Lay off and wait until he gets a run of games before writing him off.

Same story every single time though isn't it?

Some sort of paranoid defense mechanism thing people have going on. You can never reason with them over their totally irrational stance either. You'll likely just get abused or mocked.

The same rubbishing of Jonas, Enrique, Colo, Loven, Carroll all took place at some point. To some degree disparaging remarks were even thrown at the likes of Guthrie and Simpson.

Standard procedure really. Still extremely frustrating and disappointing every time though.

Some sort of paranoid defense mechanism thing people have going on. You can never reason with them over their totally irrational stance either. You'll likely just get abused or mocked.

The same rubbishing of Jonas, Enrique, Colo, Loven, Carroll all took place at some point. To some degree disparaging remarks were even thrown at the likes of Guthrie and Simpson.

Standard procedure really. Still extremely frustrating and disappointing every time though.

Mental. Did you even watch the game man? The guy gets stick cos he's fucking rubbish. :thup: The players you've listed didn't get it from all four corners cos they were never as bad as this guy at what they do.

The fact that our strikers have improved has got nothing to do with his footballing ability, by the way. It's just the fact there's more competition in the squad - it's a testiment to the mental ability of the likes of Lovenkrands and Carroll.

Some people criticised Jonas, some didn't

Some people criticised Enrique, some didn't

Some people criticised Colo, some didn't

Some people criticised Loven, some didn't

Some people criticised Carroll, some didn't

Some people criticised Guthrie, some didn't

Some people criticised Simpson, some didn't

Everyone criticises Best................

See if you can work it out for yourself O0

Some people criticised Jonas, some didn't

Some people criticised Enrique, some didn't

Some people criticised Colo, some didn't

Some people criticised Loven, some didn't

Some people criticised Carroll, some didn't

Some people criticised Guthrie, some didn't

Some people criticised Simpson, some didn't

Everyone criticises Best................

See if you can work it out for yourself O0

The other six have some degree of talent which makes them defendable perhaps?

Pity he didn't take the #9 shirt. :lol:

Was just about to say that, he was offered it but didn't want it.

Wasn't it the other way around? He wanted it and Hughton said it has to be earned?

Don't know if I'm right or wrong here...

Wasn't it the other way around? He wanted it and Hughton said it has to be earned?

That was what CH said in the media, but my uncle showed me an email from Billy Scott at the Northern Echo, from a few days after Best signed, saying he was offered it but refused to take it.

That was what CH said in the media, but my uncle showed me an email from Billy Scott at the Northern Echo, from a few days after Best signed, saying he was offered it but refused to take it.

Oh, didn't know that. Showes that only Best himself knew that he is shit the time we signed him.

There is absolutely no way a player can play like he has and then suddenly become good.

Players need time to gel, others go through barron spells, but a shit player doesn't suddenly become good.

The amount of shit this guy gets is astounding.  He's a player for Newcastle United, get behind him ffs.

:lol: If i were going to the match, sitting there and vociferously booing every touch he has - then that comment would be justified.

I'm not, i'm saying "go on" and "additional generic encouragement", then coming home and whinging my arse off on the internet. Which is and always will be ay-ok. :thup:

The amount of s*** this guy gets is astounding. He's a player for Newcastle United, get behind him ffs.

Aye, Carroll's a Newcastle player too isn't he?...

The sooner we get this chump away from our club the better.

The amount of s*** this guy gets is astounding.  He's a player for Newcastle United, get behind him ffs.

To my knowledge, Best has never glassed anyone in a bar.

It's not early days because he was signed as an impact player for the championship. His being able to score goals from day one was his entire purpose. Unless of course i'm wrong and he's been signed as a premiership centre forward on the basis of 10 championship goals in two seasons.

The amount of s*** this guy gets is astounding.  He's a player for Newcastle United, get behind him ffs.

And what has that got to do with footballing ability?

Could be a masterstroke signing by Houghton.He probably knows Best is crap but Andy Carroll didn't,could it be a coincedence that since Best was signed Carroll has done well.

And what has that got to do with footballing ability?

is that all that matters ? doesn't matter how much of a twat someone is providing they play well...think the sameof john terry ?

Could be a masterstroke signing by Houghton.He probably knows Best is crap but Andy Carroll didn't,could it be a coincedence that since Best was signed Carroll has done well.

Or since Harewood leaving?

Or since having 2 Wingers?

Or since not having to play the lone striker?

Take your pick.