This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

We probably could have got Beckford and Moses for a combined 6 million quid and sold Carroll to Wolves/Stoke for 4 million quid.

Net outlay of 2 million..................................chicken feed in this day and age, even for Ashley

We have made soooooooooooooooooo many mistakes here.

Reckon we could still do this?

If that shot against Plymouth was an inch lower he'd have scored a fantastic first goal. Why write a player off who's still on the wage bill?

An inch lower and he'd have bagged a winner at Bristol City. Twas a tremendous header.

If you're talking about Raylor's goals against Coventry and Preston, you need to rewatch or purchase a new pair of specs.

Not that i'm saying he's a good finisher, because i've seen no real evidence of that.

I think you need the glasses.  :lol:

If that shot against Plymouth was an inch lower he'd have scored a fantastic first goal. Why write a player off who's still on the wage bill?

An inch lower and he'd have bagged a winner at Bristol City. Twas a tremendous header.

Keeper saved that one didn't he? Did the keeper get a touch on the raker at plymouth as well?

Kid needs a run in the team and desperately needs a goal. One in off his knee or his arse to get him up and running and he'll do a job for us and you can bookmark this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Keeper saved that one didn't he? Did the keeper get a touch on the raker at plymouth as well?

Kid needs a run in the team and desperately needs a goal. One in off his knee or his arse to get him up and running and he'll do a job for us and you can bookmark this.

We should get him Andreas Andersson's top 4 goals for the Toon video!

top?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shhh you'll shatter his confidence, they were all 'quality goals', even the one that bounced in off his arse.

Top 1 being the goal he scored at Old Trafford against man united.

He fluffed a really easy header on his debut against Cardiff at home. I think that may have been the start of his confidence being shot. Guy in the Gallowgate jokingly shouted "geddim sold!" after the headed miss (think we were 2-0 up) and we all laughed.

Oh, I feel silly for laughing now. Still, would like to see the guy get a chance ahead of Lovenkrands and probably Shola who looks about 80% fit and off the boil.

What you've said could be true, it could be true about ony of our players, I haven't seen anything in Best to make me think it'll happen and he's done nothing to deserve getting a game ahead of anybody else.

He fluffed a really easy header on his debut against Cardiff at home. I think that may have been the start of his confidence being shot. Guy in the Gallowgate jokingly shouted "geddim sold!" after the headed miss (think we were 2-0 up) and we all laughed.

Oh, I feel silly for laughing now. Still, would like to see the guy get a chance ahead of Lovenkrands and probably Shola who looks about 80% fit and off the boil.

That the one that turned out to be offside? That was the worst header I've EVER seen :lol:

We probably could have got Beckford and Moses for a combined 6 million quid and sold Carroll to Wolves/Stoke for 4 million quid.

Net outlay of 2 million..................................chicken feed in this day and age, even for Ashley

We have made soooooooooooooooooo many mistakes here.

Reckon we could still do this?

:lol:

It was one of those when you expected the net to bulge and he ended up heading it closer to corner flag than goal. Dunno about it being offside like, it was the other end of the ground to me. Even if it was offside and it went in, I reckon he might have scored last season at some point.

He was written off before he even started by a few.

I don't think he is ever going to be anything more than decent, at best (excuse the pun) but he could do with a chance. He was nowhere near as bad as some made out, got in some good positions and as others said was really unlucky with a couple of quality efforts.

Was looking much better in pre season, was scoring and looking dangerous. Very unlucky to get the injury.

Also I am still not of the belief that just because you have already been playing in the same country you will instantly settle at a new club and I also don't believe going to a club that is dominating guarantees to make it easier, especially when one of the strikers is just starting to look a real star.

Honest opinion, probably won't make it but his chance should start this season and anything before isn't really valid. As said this is just my opinion and I realise others will want to rely on what they have seen at Coventry and the limited showings for us last season.

I don't think he is ever going to be anything more than decent, at best (excuse the pun) but he could do with a chance. He was nowhere near as bad as some made out, got in some good positions and as others said was really unlucky with a couple of quality efforts.

Was looking much better in pre season, was scoring and looking dangerous. Very unlucky to get the injury.

Also I am still not of the belief that just because you have already been playing in the same country you will instantly settle at a new club and I also don't believe going to a club that is dominating guarantees to make it easier, especially when one of the strikers is just starting to look a real star.

Honest opinion, probably won't make it but his chance should start this season and anything before isn't really valid. As said this is just my opinion and I realise others will want to rely on what they have seen at Coventry and the limited showings for us last season.

Me, he was never going to be good enough.

But if he's fit i'd rather see ihm start over Ameobi who's offering nothing ATM.

Quite a lot of people were also more than prepared to give him a chance, but it was obvious fairly quickly once he'd made a few appearances that he simply wasn't very good. 

A bit like Perch, a lower league gamble that hasn't paid off.  No fault of his own, but he just doesn't look good enough.

Ranger deserves his chance a million times over before Best does.

Some of the defence he gets is laughable imo (and from people who will happily say that we should give Xisco away). "He had a header saved against Bristol City and nearly scored against relegated Plymouth", fuck me, surprised we're not beating offers away left, right and centre in that case. Nothing against the bloke at all but he's a CCC/League One player. Hadn't even scored for three months when we bought him, never mind after.

We bought him as a short term CCC goals guarantee because we desperately needed a striker and he looked like Alan Smith. If Carroll and Lovenkrands hadn't stepped up to the plate and we'd actually had to rely on Best for the goals he was bought for, we might well have missed out on promotion.

How anyone can say he's better than Shola is absolutely beyond me. Shola had nearly a 1:1 ratio in the Championship, you could have blindfolded him and he'd still have scored more than Best.

As opposed to Shola and Lovenkrands, who've proved over a decade that they're not good enough for this level of football.

Lovenkrands has only played half a season in the Premier League tbf.

Ranger deserves his chance a million times over before Best does.

Some of the defence he gets is laughable imo (and from people who will happily say that we should give Xisco away). "He had a header saved against Bristol City and nearly scored against relegated Plymouth", f*** me, surprised we're not beating offers away left, right and centre in that case. Nothing against the bloke at all but he's a CCC/League One player. Hadn't even scored for three months when we bought him, never mind after.

We bought him as a short term CCC goals guarantee because we desperately needed a striker and he looked like Alan Smith. If Carroll and Lovenkrands hadn't stepped up to the plate and we'd actually had to rely on Best for the goals he was bought for, we might well have missed out on promotion.

How anyone can say he's better than Shola is absolutely beyond me. Shola had nearly a 1:1 ratio in the Championship, you could have blindfolded him and he'd still have scored more than Best.

Agreed, I hate watching Stroller but I'd put money on him out-scoring Best.