Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Carroll sounds like he's played a blinder.

He needed to.  He has been poor in last few games and I was starting to doubt him, others were too.  Fair play to him for the goals so far today.  Hope for more!

He needed to.  He has been poor in last few games and I was starting to doubt him, others were too.  Fair play to him for the goals so far today.  Hope for more!

Done quite well upfront with two recently though hasnt he. When you consider he scored two against west brom also. Seems like going upfront on his own might be limiting him more than we realise.

this is a really nice way to start a weekend we need more friday night games

Aye. At SJP, though.

just more the genral theme i can now go through the weekend watch the rest of the football and enjoy it without worrying about our game coming up, its nice to say to our rivals "this is what we can do can you match that?" and put some pressure on them

He needed to. He has been poor in last few games and I was starting to doubt him, others were too. Fair play to him for the goals so far today. Hope for more!

Done quite well upfront with two recently though hasnt he. When you consider he scored two against west brom also. Seems like going upfront on his own might be limiting him more than we realise.

Be interesting to hear how Best's movement and presence etc has assisted him (if it has).

Playing up front on your own isn't about being a big lad, it helps though.  It's more down to experience of that role and at 21, he's got plenty of time to get better at it.

Guest neesy111

this is a really nice way to start a weekend we need more friday night games

Aye. At SJP, though.

just more the genral theme i can now go through the weekend watch the rest of the football and enjoy it without worrying about our game coming up, its nice to say to our rivals "this is what we can do can you match that?" and put some pressure on them

shame we didn't get these back-end of last season, we might of stayed up then

Be interesting to hear how Best's movement and presence etc has assisted him (if it has).

Moncur seems to think he's held the ball up well, must be bringing other players in well.