When did you start following The Toon?

MyPalAl

Guest palnese

Since the summer of 1996.

I used to follow Shearer when he was at Blackburn. I couldn't give a fuck about the team, it was all about him. I even got an old Blackburn top with his name on the back.

When he moved I naturally followed and Newcastle just grew on me.

Strange thing is my dad, as he is a die-hard Arsenal fan, he never tried to force me into following them. Though they are my second team if anything.

I'm an old git, too. Went to my first game in 1967 season opener vs Southampton, stood in the Gallowgate, we won 3-0.

I can remember that game - it was the first game of the first ever season I saw every home match - aged 10-11 and all in the Leazes End.

All this talk about a "singing section " etc - I really wish some of the younger fans could have experienced the old Leazes End.

It was on another planet compared to today.

The old leazes was where me dad took mein the 70s.near the east stand corner. there was loads of aggro in those days.

I've been supporting the team for around 40years now and spent thousands and thousands of pounds. I'm the best supporter here ebcause not only have I been here the longest but i've spent the most, so I'm gonna sit with my flask and get cosey for a few more seasons....and not join in with songs because I hate those charva bastards in Level 7.

Av only bn gannin 4 lyk 4yrs lyk, but am propa wkd coz lyk a sing loadz nd tha, much beta than them old borin fukas doon ther. We r propa belta us in lvel 7.

I'm an old git, too. Went to my first game in 1967 season opener vs Southampton, stood in the Gallowgate, we won 3-0.

I can remember that game - it was the first game of the first ever season I saw every home match - aged 10-11 and all in the Leazes End.

All this talk about a "singing section " etc - I really wish some of the younger fans could have experienced the old Leazes End.

It was on another planet compared to today.

It certainly was, but at that age I only ever went in there for reserve games (admission: sixpence) when I'd go with other kids, unaccompanied by adults. My dad, who was a Liverpool supporter but who took me and brother to Newcastle matches, was a bit nervous about going in the Leazes.

The only thing I can remember, really, about that Southampton game, was Gordon Marshall saving a penalty.

Guest Stephen927

It is those 'charva bastards' that stop the ground becoming a library.

I know, I'm one of those 'charva bastards' from Level 7... O0

Do you want me to use pictures in my posts so you can understand them?  :clap2:

It is those 'charva bastards' that stop the ground becoming a library.

I know, I'm one of those 'charva bastards' from Level 7... O0

Do you want me to use pictures in my posts so you can understand them?  :clap2:

Aye...definately.

Guest johnson293

Man, you outclassed us that night. The 3-2 is misleading, we were never in that game.

I think we just need a moment to absorb this comment.

We outclassed Barcelona in a Champions League fixture.  :kasper:

It almost seems like fiction when you look at us now.

I wasnt at the Barca game but I can take with me the fact that I saw us beat Juventus at home in the Champions League. Success is relative and that was a big night for me personally.

I also missed the Barca game - had a ticket to see Oasis at the Arena on the same night.

During the concert, Noel Gallagher kept updating the scores - when he said it was 3-0 to Newcastle, most people just thought he was taking the Pish!

Liam Gallagher wore a Newcastle shirt for the whole gig as well.

Had recorded the match, and watched it in full when I got in from the gig.

Man, you outclassed us that night. The 3-2 is misleading, we were never in that game.

I think we just need a moment to absorb this comment.

We outclassed Barcelona in a Champions League fixture.  :kasper:

It almost seems like fiction when you look at us now.

I wasnt at the Barca game but I can take with me the fact that I saw us beat Juventus at home in the Champions League. Success is relative and that was a big night for me personally.

I also missed the Barca game - had a ticket to see Oasis at the Arena on the same night.

During the concert, Noel Gallagher kept updating the scores - when he said it was 3-0 to Newcastle, most people just thought he was taking the Pish!

Liam Gallagher wore a Newcastle shirt for the whole gig as well.

Had recorded the match, and watched it in full when I got in from the gig.

i didn't know that  :coolsmiley:

I started going to games around 1977 or 78. I am a Geordie so following the Toon was in my blood, but as a very young child I also had a soft spot, like a lot of kids growing up in the 70's, for Liverpool. NUFC and Liverpool were my teams.

It didn't take me long to get over that nonsense, though, I was reguarily attending games from the early 80's onwards. We were crap back then, you think we have it bad now, but it was much worse in those days. KK's arrival was a huge shock, and lifted us for a while, but as ever we couldn't sustain it and by the end of the decade we had self destructed again.

One of my first memories of supporting the toon was the Mick Mahoney Super Goalie song and also how big an appeal Supermac had, he was a huge icon, alot of today's generation don't appreciate how much of a hero Malcom MacDonald was, all they know him from is his presence on Radio.

Started to follow Newcastle in the 92-93 season. I was 9 years back then.

Was kind of random, all my buddies i played football with, supported Manu or Liverpool, including me, man u, didn't know better back then... :doh:  (Well, there was one poor dude, he supported Coventry, he`s father supported them)

A neighbor of me, who was some years older went to the UK for 3 mounts, with he`s older brother.

They stayed in Middlesbrough at some friends of their family.

The family they stayed with,  where Newcastle fans.

So he was on some matches, and sent me postcards saying how fun it was and all.

So i started following the results and got more and more interested.

It went bananas when they got promoted, and from that day on, i have been cursed with the love for this club.

Actually, i am extremely happy i started to follow this club.

Ok, we do not win ANYTHING, but for me, from Norway, im so fkn sick of all the man u, Liverpool and recently Chelsea fans.

90% are just plastic fans, going around throwing shit at the likes of me because NUFC is crap atm.

But deep inside, i know they use it just to big them self up, there is no love, no passion.

Another thing, after being in Newcastle some times now, starting to know the city, its a fucking great place imo.

Before christmas i went over with some friends, and my brother, who also are Newcastle supporter

(i baptized him and my father when i forced them to join me on a boxing day trip in 1999/2000 season, Liverpool home, and Leicester away. After that, they was both sold...)

Amongst the 7 who traveled over, 3 was nufc fans, the rest couldent be arsed about Football.

But all of them came to me after the trip, and told me that i had to arrange a trip again before the summer.

They simply loved the nightlife, and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of good looking girls in the city :smitten:

I am happy i went down this road, the strange thing is, that when we went down last year, my interest just grew stronger.

One day we will win something, and it will be fkn  :celb:  :cheesy:  :banana: :headbang:

Started to follow Newcastle in the 92-93 season. I was 9 years back then.

Was kind of random, all my buddies i played football with, supported Manu or Liverpool, including me, man u, didn't know better back then... :doh:   (Well, there was one poor dude, he supported Coventry, he`s father supported them)

A neighbor of me, who was some years older went to the UK for 3 mounts, with he`s older brother.

They stayed in Middlesbrough at some friends of their family.

The family they stayed with,  where Newcastle fans.

So he was on some matches, and sent me postcards saying how fun it was and all.

So i started following the results and got more and more interested.

It went bananas when they got promoted, and from that day on, i have been cursed with the love for this club.

Actually, i am extremely happy i started to follow this club.

Ok, we do not win ANYTHING, but for me, from Norway, im so fkn sick of all the man u, Liverpool and recently Chelsea fans.

90% are just plastic fans, going around throwing s*** at the likes of me because NUFC is crap atm.

But deep inside, i know they use it just to big them self up, there is no love, no passion.

Another thing, after being in Newcastle some times now, starting to know the city, its a f***ing great place imo.

Before christmas i went over with some friends, and my brother, who also are Newcastle supporter

(i baptized him and my father when i forced them to join me on a boxing day trip in 1999/2000 season, Liverpool home, and Leicester away. After that, they was both sold...)

Amongst the 7 who traveled over, 3 was nufc fans, the rest couldent be arsed about Football.

But all of them came to me after the trip, and told me that i had to arrange a trip again before the summer.

They simply loved the nightlife, and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of good looking girls in the city :smitten:

I am happy i went down this road, the strange thing is, that when we went down last year, my interest just grew stronger.

One day we will win something, and it will be fkn  :celb:  :cheesy:  :banana: :headbang:

:coolsmiley: O0

loved shearer since i was about 5 saw which team he played for and now iam 16 and addicted to the club.

first game was barnsley in 2001 bellamy scored  :thup:

first home game toon 3-1 valarenga, march 3rd 2004

favourite game west brom 0-3 toon, october 2005

last game west brom 2-4 toon, last month.

Following Newcastle was never a choice, my father supported them (Though he stopped going to the games in the 60s/70s when things went down hill and never went back) and they were the local team. To me, there wasn't an option to support anyone else.

I was no more able to chose which team to support than I was able to chose the colour of my eyes or the shape of my nose.