When did you start following The Toon?

MyPalAl

I supported Liverpool as a kid, and loved Keegan and Dalglish et al. I started working for a company that had NUFC season tickets for customer's use in 1991. The following year, I was promoted, which meant that I had control over who got the season tickets, and it started from there (re-igniting my love for KK). Looking back, I was a bit selfish, cos I went to virtually all the games. When genuine customers did get the tickets, I would blag Platinum Club tickets from work associates. It was easy to fall in love with the club during The Entertainers days. The season tickets even kept me working for the company a bit longer when I was considering leaving!

When I did finally leave the company, I got my own tickets, and have been a ST holder (along with my wife and son) ever since, bar 2 seasons when money was tight.

Keep threatening to tell them (NUFC) to stick their football club, but the fear of missing out on something exciting happening means that I daren't stop going.

Now I absolutely detest Liverpool.

In truth this is the same for me.

Got taken to the Grimsby game and the whole experience was somewhere between confusing and surreal. My first premiership game was the 1-1 against Blackburn which got me completely hooked.

Relatively new to the scene, about 04/05 (and now I lost all my cred on this board).

:nods: 05.

Liverpool fan for a day until I learned what the Champions League was. Couldn't bandwagon. Waited for the next season, decided I would support the worst team I saw.

Relatively new to the scene, about 04/05 (and now I lost all my cred on this board).

Liverpool fan for a day until I learned what the Champions League was. Couldn't bandwagon. Waited for the next season, decided I would support the worst team I saw.

I chose them after visiting Newcastle and really falling in love with the area.  It was right around the time when Fox Soccer started broadcasting here so I chose them and have watched almost every match since - missing very few indeed.

I chose them after visiting Newcastle and really falling in love with the area.  It was right around the time when Fox Soccer started broadcasting here so I chose them and have watched almost every match since - missing very few indeed.

The timing was perfect, wasn't it? I realized I loved soccer, and the next thing I know there's a channel showing it 24 hours a day.

1971, first match me dad took me to.

pre season friendly after signing super mac.

still love mac, as my first idol, but it was KK in 82 that really got me, thats when i started going to games with my mates, home and away.

promotion season under KK

does anyone remember/know of a short haircut known as 'steps'?  Clarky had it, and I idolised him, I remember going into the barbers with me dad on Saturday mornings, more often than not Tears for Fears' 'Everybody wants to rule the world' blasting as they always had Virgin on, plonking meself down on this beam they put across the armrests and announcing I wanted a 'Lee Clark haircut'.