When did you start following The Toon?

MyPalAl

My first memories of supporting Newcastle are of our last promotion season in 92/93, the first game I can recall of us playing in was one of the final games of the season against Leicester which was a 7 - 1 thrashing with an Andy Cole hat trick if I remember correctly.

I can't remember much of that season but I can still remember the names of alot of the squad and since from that season onwards I've been obsessed.

First game I went to was August 2001 against Leicester where we killed them for 90 minutes but just couldn't score, Tim Flowers was stopping everything that came his way until after 90 minutes when Carl Cort scored the only goal of the game.

Guest johnson293

I had always kinda followed them, but didn't start following them properly until about '86 ish, when I was 13.

Went to my first home match in '88 (v Wimbledon 3rd round FA Cup), when my cousin took me in the Gallowgate East Corner... that was an experience!!! But I was hooked. Went with him to the next couple of matches, but 'the corner' was a bit much for me, so for the remainder of the season I went in 'the scoreboard' with my mates from school instead.

And that was it, I caught the bug, and have been a supporter ever since.

Guest Roger Kint

Always had shirts and that as a kid but my first game was the week of my 8th birthday v Forest in 1986. Remember we won but thats about it.

i didn't actually get to see a game at st james park until i was about 12, with my dad working weekends.

it was in the promotion season against brentford, i think we won 5-1, rob lee scored from his own half but it was disallowed. i think chris hughton was playing for brentford then come to think of it....

i picked up the old 'blue star match' tape of said match in a charity shop in sunderland. need to transfer it to dvd for posterity. i'm sure if still got the programme somewhere too, i remember it had killer on the front and a poster of barry venison

Geez, you guys make me feel old.

First game for me was in 1964, home v either Portsmouth or Rotherham, cant remember which but we won 1-0 with a goal from full back George Dalton. The following week, Dad took me to see us play PNE who included a young Howard Kendall and we thumped them 5-2. I remember we had this ginger headed left winger called Colin Taylor who had the hardest shot I think I have ever seen.

Used to love the atmosphere before the game with the hamburgers and the bovril and not forgetting the peanuits, tanner a bag etc etc.

I blame my dad, he blames his dad, and so on. It's like a disease, gets inside your blood and no matter how much at times you wish (or at least i've wished) that you could walk away, you just can't do it. I can think of games on telly where we have been 3-0 down and I've turned them off in disgust and walked away, only to walk back moments later and feel I have got to watch it as the sweet's never as sweet without the bitter.

First memory of a game would be on my way home from getting beat away at Swindon in 1991 when my dad explained I shouldn't be upset as we were the strongest team in the league as we were holding everyone else up. That logic made everything better for a 9 year old!

Since as long as I can remember. First game was April 8 1987 - beat Norwich City 4 - 1, after going behind if I remember rightly. I thought John Anderson scored a penalty to equalise for some reason, but apparently it was Neil McDonald.

From Birth.

First game was at home to Villa, we beat them 5-1 under Keegan. "are you watching big fat ron".

27th of April 1994- I remember sitting on the bollards they used to have, when we scored i fell off and the bloke behind caught me (i was only a bairn).

Ah the memories.

Geez, you guys make me feel old.

First game for me was in 1964, home v either Portsmouth or Rotherham, cant remember which but we won 1-0 with a goal from full back George Dalton. The following week, Dad took me to see us play PNE who included a young Howard Kendall and we thumped them 5-2. I remember we had this ginger headed left winger called Colin Taylor who had the hardest shot I think I have ever seen.

Used to love the atmosphere before the game with the hamburgers and the bovril and not forgetting the peanuits, tanner a bag etc etc.

nufc.com has a great archive section Macca which should be able to pinpoint the match and date for you.

Man, you outclassed us that night. The 3-2 is misleading, we were never in that game.

I think we just need a moment to absorb this comment.

We outclassed Barcelona in a Champions League fixture.  :kasper:

It almost seems like fiction when you look at us now.

I wasnt at the Barca game but I can take with me the fact that I saw us beat Juventus at home in the Champions League. Success is relative and that was a big night for me personally.

did you see the match where wyn davies was swinging from the crossbar? a fella i used to work used to mention it a lot, and was always trying to find a photo of it.

I remember being down at Joker Park as a young 'un and I think we came back from 3-1 down to draw and Ollie Burton was swinging off the cross bar after he scored the equaliser.

John MacNamee did the same once and probably Wyn the Leap too.

I'm an old git, too. Went to my first game in 1967 season opener vs Southampton, stood in the Gallowgate, we won 3-0.

I can remember that game - it was the first game of the first ever season I saw every home match - aged 10-11 and all in the Leazes End.

All this talk about a "singing section " etc - I really wish some of the younger fans could have experienced the old Leazes End.

It was on another planet compared to today.

From Birth.

First game was at home to Villa, we beat them 5-1 under Keegan. "are you watching big fat ron".

the loudest ive ever heard sjp.

When Andy Cole scored.... definitely

aye,sticks in the memory.leazes end was up, i was in the milburn paddocks, the gallowgate was being demolished,or just started. the noise coming down from the leazes that night, definitely the loudest ive heard at sjp.

From Birth.

the loudest ive ever heard sjp.

Was working away and my son had my ST. Remember how excited he was when I called him later.